cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 20 years on eBay I will be forced to leave because of the ending of Turbo Lister this year

I have thousands of listings on TL that I will no longer be able to list and do not want anything to do with the HUB which is Spyware.

It is sad that eBay is more and more USER UNFRIENDLY, buy happy that they are not the only place to list and if they do not want me to list, I will just go where they do.

As it is now, it takes 100 listing to get 10 sales and I need TL to be able to do those batch listings.

eBay says, that the HUB has ALMOST all the features of TL, but I use ALL the features of TL.

At my age, I do not have  enough life left to waste on eBay's draconian way of ruling and feel more like I have gone from "Member" to "Slave"

The end of TL is the last straw after the nightmare of all the changes in item specifics.

Having to put the SAME name in "Actor" that is already in "Leading Role"  of not being able to list for example.

So stupid and TIME WASTING.

I suspect that many others will feel the same way.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: After 20 years on eBay I will be forced to leave because of the ending of Turbo Lister this year

@Anonymous wrote:

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

I have thousands of listings on TL that I will no longer be able to list and do not want anything to do with the HUB which is Spyware.

It is sad that eBay is more and more USER UNFRIENDLY, buy happy that they are not the only place to list and if they do not want me to list, I will just go where they do.

As it is now, it takes 100 listing to get 10 sales and I need TL to be able to do those batch listings.

eBay says, that the HUB has ALMOST all the features of TL, but I use ALL the features of TL.

At my age, I do not have  enough life left to waste on eBay's draconian way of ruling and feel more like I have gone from "Member" to "Slave"

The end of TL is the last straw after the nightmare of all the changes in item specifics.

Having to put the SAME name in "Actor" that is already in "Leading Role"  of not being able to list for example.

Hi @etvideo1ataol, we understand that changes to your listing tools can be stressful and recommend that you keep an eye out for additional updates on the retirement of Turbo Lister. I do want to clarify that while not all features of Turbo Lister can be made available in Seller Hub (as Turbo Lister is an offline tool and Seller Hub is an online tool), there are many options available that can help you list items in bulk. You've expressed some concerns about Seller Hub being some form of Spyware, and I can clarify any misunderstandings by confirming that a) Seller Hub does not install anything on your computer, b) Seller Hub simply displays to you all of the information we already have about your selling activity, in addition to providing additional tools to manage your selling activity, and c) enrolling in Seller Hub does not give us any additional access or monitoring capabilities than what already exists.

THAT is the point, I want and need an OFFLINE listing tool, not an online one.

One that I can work with and NOT BE ON LINE and this appears to be a problem for eBay to understand.

I was very happy with Mister Lister until that was taken away.

Here's a RADICAL concept, how about caring what you customers want, the people that actually pay you for a service.

There seems to be very little of that as eBay become more and more USER UNFRIENDLY.

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

Re: After 20 years on eBay I will be forced to leave because of the ending of Turbo Lister this year

Anonymous
Not applicable

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

Hi @etvideo1ataol, we understand that changes to your listing tools can be stressful and recommend that you keep an eye out for additional updates on the retirement of Turbo Lister. I do want to clarify that while not all features of Turbo Lister can be made available in Seller Hub (as Turbo Lister is an offline tool and Seller Hub is an online tool), there are many options available that can help you list items in bulk. You've expressed some concerns about Seller Hub being some form of Spyware, and I can clarify any misunderstandings by confirming that a) Seller Hub does not install anything on your computer, b) Seller Hub simply displays to you all of the information we already have about your selling activity, in addition to providing additional tools to manage your selling activity, and c) enrolling in Seller Hub does not give us any additional access or monitoring capabilities than what already exists.

@trinton@ebay

Unless it can retain all listing, sold, and unsolds for the same amount of time as TL, seller hub will be useless for many sellers.

Hi @papermoneyforme, I encourage you to review our Seller Center page on Seller Hub to see all of the features that this tool offers. Your feedback on the offline options that you would like to have added to Seller Hub has been noted, and I assure you that the decision to retire Turbo Lister is not one we have made hastily. This transition has been in place for years and while some of the offline capabilities are not within our scope at this time to implement, many other functions have been added to Seller Hub that makes us confident that this tool is far from useless.

For the offline functionality you are looking for, you may want to research other listing tool options that could meet your needs. There are a large number of third party tools available (such as Sixbit, who offers the ability to transfer data from Turbo Lister) and File Exchange is still available as well. Keep an eye out for additional communication from us related to the retirement of Turbo Lister.

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

One that I can work with and NOT BE ON LINE and this appears to be a problem for eBay to understand.

Here's a RADICAL concept, how about caring what you customers want, the people that actually pay you for a service.

There seems to be very little of that as eBay become more and more USER UNFRIENDLY.

Hi @etvideo1ataol, I want to clarify that while the desire for an offline tool is completely understood, there are times where we must weigh the benefits of continuing to invest in developing and maintaining multiple tools when deprecating one option will allow us to focus on another option with significantly increased resources. Ultimately, while we understand that there are many sellers who rely on Turbo Lister, this tool is only used by an incredibly small portion of our Community and being able to reallocate our resources to focus in on Seller Hub will provide the most benefit to the most people. Check out my previous response in this thread for suggestions on other offline options that may meet your needs.

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

I agree with what many have been saying: Seller Hub doesn't even come close to being as useful as Turbo Lister.  In Seller Hub, Drafts don't even save for 30 days and pictures in draft listings often disappear after 2 weeks, Unsold/Ended listings save for slightly less than 90 days and pictures in those unsold/ended listings disappear before the 90 days, so in my books Seller Hub is a failure when it comes to those features.  When other selling venues can allow for inactive listings to remain functional for 1, 2, 3 years... well that says something about eBay and its poor performing Seller Hub...

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

@Anonymous 

hi, any way you could provide (or have your "team" provide some kind of comparison chart what TL provides versus Seller Hub to date.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 20 of 42
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

Hi @etvideo1ataol, I want to clarify that while the desire for an offline tool is completely understood, there are times where we must weigh the benefits of continuing to invest in developing and maintaining multiple tools when deprecating one option will allow us to focus on another option with significantly increased resources. Ultimately, while we understand that there are many sellers who rely on Turbo Lister, this tool is only used by an incredibly small portion of our Community and being able to reallocate our resources to focus in on Seller Hub will provide the most benefit to the most people. Check out my previous response in this thread for suggestions on other offline options that may meet your needs.

I do appreciate what you are saying and the time you are taking to deal with my concerns.  I will look into what you suggested as well as some other options.

There seems to be a total lack of concern as to home much additional work, often many hours to to comply with what seem to be meaningless changes.

For example, I had to change thousands of listings to add "actor" to Item specifics even there is a field called "leading Role, that has the name of the actor already, so now, it is there TWICE after hours and hours of changing listings one by one.  Even though that same actor's name was in the title.

Nothing more than meaningless MAKE WORK.

I see eBay change the Feedback format so I had to learn that new one, because eBay endlessly changes WHAT WORKS to what sounds good.

USER UNFRIENDLY.

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

I'm in the same boat. I've been on eBay for over 20 years. I have 3500 items in Turbo Lister. I'm going to plan a going out of business sale and be done by July. The people who run eBay are clueless. The Seller Hub is fine for people who have a few hundred items for sale but not for those of us with thousands. Good-bye eBay

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

@trinton@ebay

Unless it can retain all listing, sold, and unsolds for the same amount of time as TL, seller hub will be useless for many sellers.

Hi @papermoneyforme, I encourage you to review our Seller Center page on Seller Hub to see all of the features that this tool offers. Your feedback on the offline options that you would like to have added to Seller Hub has been noted, and I assure you that the decision to retire Turbo Lister is not one we have made hastily. This transition has been in place for years and while some of the offline capabilities are not within our scope at this time to implement, many other functions have been added to Seller Hub that makes us confident that this tool is far from useless.

For the offline functionality you are looking for, you may want to research other listing tool options that could meet your needs. There are a large number of third party tools available (such as Sixbit, who offers the ability to transfer data from Turbo Lister) and File Exchange is still available as well. Keep an eye out for additional communication from us related to the retirement of Turbo Lister.

@Anonymous

Trinton

I use SH every day on both the Canada and US sites.

It also dumped 1300 listings in the garbage.

Unless SH will retain listing information for at least a year, it is not suited for many sellers, and of course the smaller sellers will suffer as usual.

Most listing tools to be useable for mid sellers start at around $25 and go up from there.

It is more productive to list using SH and as long as they are listed, nothing lost hopefully. Maybe Ebay is looking at having more sellers requiring a store to retain listings. Would you rather pay $20 for a basic store, plus $25 for a listing program, or $60+ for a premium store and be able to list 3 times as much.

I think Ebay has looked the same way.

Maybe Ebay should reduce the price of a Premium store to about $50 to compensate for dumping TL and lying to sellers for the last 32 years that SH will be able to do the same as TL before it is dumped.

Ebay continually picks on the smaller sellers as large sellers could care less.

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

should be 2 to 3 years

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

@Anonymous 

Trinton

I use SH every day on both the Canada and US sites.

It also dumped 1300 listings in the garbage.

Unless SH will retain listing information for at least a year, it is not suited for many sellers, and of course the smaller sellers will suffer as usual.

Most listing tools to be useable for mid sellers start at around $25 and go up from there.

It is more productive to list using SH and as long as they are listed, nothing lost hopefully. Maybe Ebay is looking at having more sellers requiring a store to retain listings. Would you rather pay $20 for a basic store, plus $25 for a listing program, or $60+ for a premium store and be able to list 3 times as much.

I think Ebay has looked the same way.

Maybe Ebay should reduce the price of a Premium store to about $50 to compensate for dumping TL and lying to sellers for the last 32 years that SH will be able to do the same as TL before it is dumped.

Ebay continually picks on the smaller sellers as large sellers could care less.

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

@Anonymous 

You said "I do want to clarify that while not all features of Turbo Lister can be made available in Seller Hub"

I have been here for almost 16 years. EVERY listing I have ever done is saved on TL. Seller Hub only saves the expired listings for 90 days?

I do my inventory purchases twice a year at the spring and summer trade shows here in Las Vegas (ASD mostly, but others also).

So if I restock something that sold out months ago I can simply bring up TL, click "list" and I'm done.

On seller hub, since the old listing is no longer available, I have to recreate it all over again. OK one listing is not a big deal. But at these shows my purchases run into literally many hundred of products. Recreating all those listings one at time is a major and unnecessary undertaking.

Then there are the new product lines I add. This past year I added a large number of flower pots and planters. I want to be able to create the listing offline so after I am done I can review them for consistency of content and pricing (among other criteria) BEFORE I list them, then list them all at once.

On seller hub it appears that each listing is posted as soon as I finish it denying me the aforementioned review. 

In fairness I have used seller hub for sell similar and/or to relist recently expired items or sold but not paid for items. But on balance I do not see how it can ever do what TL does.

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@nll-2003 wrote:
How exactly is this a helpful reply? I have 500+ listings like the OP in my account.

I won't be using eBay anymore either because there's no way for me to deal with my inventory otherwise.

Ebay wants you to open a store so they get the income from your listings.

500 listings is on around $70 per month to list them all.

What a deal for Ebay.

@papermoneyforme 

Listings allotments with the various store levels are NOT the only benefits of having a store.  It isn't that simplistic.  

FYI There is no store level that has a 500 free listing allotment.  Basic is 250 which is 27.95 or 21.95 depending if you get a one year subscription.  The Premium store is 1000 listings, the cost of the store is 74.95 or 59.95.  

https://www.ebay.com/sub/subscriptions

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 27 of 42
latest reply

Here is some information that may assist some of you while you are trying to research your alternatives.

Possible Turbo Lister Replacements Some have different levels of services for certain fees, so look at the closely.  BTW this isn’t an all inclusive list, but it is a great place to start.

Six Bit

https://www.sixbitsoftware.com/

Ink Frog

https://www.inkfrog.com/

Auctiva

https://www.auctiva.com/

Auction Wizard

http://www.auctionwizard2000.com/

Wonder Lister

http://www.wonderlister.com/

Listing Mirror

https://www.listingmirror.com/#

Jazva

https://www.jazva.com/

Crazy Lister

https://crazylister.com/

Seller Source Book

http://www.sellersourcebook.com/

Vendio

http://www.vendio.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=adwords&utm_campaign=adwH

Ebay’s list of 3rd Party listing options

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing/listing-advanced-sellers/third-party-listing-tools.html#...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 28 of 42
latest reply

Aside from eBay's current file exchange tool, which is about as useless as Seller Hub as any sort of replacement for TL,  all of these "replacement" options are way too costly for smaller occasional sellers who want to keep their inventory where it is accessible and easy to upload to eBay as needed, when needed. I will simply continue to list less and less on eBay....

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

Just want to point this out from the ebay TL letter:

We’re committed to providing you with the best tools and functionality possible, and we’re working diligently to develop a solution that will enable you to continue to list on eBay with maximum ease and efficiency. The new solution will offer many of the same popular Turbo Lister features and functionality, including the ability to manage and edit listings offline. We’ll let you know when it is available.

Message 30 of 42
latest reply