cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 20 years on eBay I will be forced to leave because of the ending of Turbo Lister this year

I have thousands of listings on TL that I will no longer be able to list and do not want anything to do with the HUB which is Spyware.

It is sad that eBay is more and more USER UNFRIENDLY, buy happy that they are not the only place to list and if they do not want me to list, I will just go where they do.

As it is now, it takes 100 listing to get 10 sales and I need TL to be able to do those batch listings.

eBay says, that the HUB has ALMOST all the features of TL, but I use ALL the features of TL.

At my age, I do not have  enough life left to waste on eBay's draconian way of ruling and feel more like I have gone from "Member" to "Slave"

The end of TL is the last straw after the nightmare of all the changes in item specifics.

Having to put the SAME name in "Actor" that is already in "Leading Role"  of not being able to list for example.

So stupid and TIME WASTING.

I suspect that many others will feel the same way.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

After 20 years on eBay I will be forced to leave because of the ending of Turbo Lister this year

I hear some people like it and are upset about not being able to use it anymore, but don't see its a reason to leave.

I thought they had announced years back that they were going to do away with it, but wasn't sure when.

I tried it one time and said nope, I'll just list the old fashion way.

Happy Easter
Message 2 of 42
latest reply

How exactly is this a helpful reply? I have 500+ listings like the OP in my account.

I won't be using eBay anymore either because there's no way for me to deal with my inventory otherwise.
Message 3 of 42
latest reply

@etvideo1ataol 

This thread that was already posted earlier today may be of interest to you.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/TurboLister-is-Retiring-July-2020/m-p/30645249#M1543312

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

I don't use them personally, but I've seen many sellers speak favorably about Crazy Lister and Wonder Lister.  You could check them out, maybe they would meet your needs.

https://crazylister.com/   

http://www.wonderlister.com/

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 42
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

I don't use them personally, but I've seen many sellers speak favorably about Crazy Lister and Wonder Lister.  You could check them out, maybe they would meet your needs.

https://crazylister.com/   

http://www.wonderlister.com/

Check their pricing if you have over 500 listing, 1000 listings, 1500 listings, or want scheduling, or list on multiple ID's, and sites.

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

and do not want anything to do with the HUB which is Spyware.

Why do you believe seller hub is spyware?

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 7 of 42
latest reply

Actually if you rotate your items it is not that hard. Sorry you must leave because of this. Good luck to you wherever you find it easier for you.

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

Just an FYI: While it isn't free, I'm pretty sure you can easily import your existing TL listings from TL into SixBit. Or you can import your live listings directly from ebay.
Message 9 of 42
latest reply

It is their site and their servers they can track what ever data they want. Personally I am fine if they are using it to find sellers directing traffic and communication out side of eBay to avoid final value fee's. The thing they really need to do is crack down on sellers using multiple ID's to avoid paying insertion fee's and operate as id they have a eBay store with out  paying a monthly subscription.

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

@3eyedfishcatcher wrote:

The thing they really need to do is crack down on sellers using multiple ID's to avoid paying insertion fee's and operate as id they have a eBay store with out  paying a monthly subscription.

There's nothing to "crack down on". It is *explicitly* permitted by eBay policy:

"There are many reasons why users would choose to have more than one eBay account. For example, users who like to buy and sell may want separate accounts for each activity. Other users who maintain businesses on eBay may prefer to manage separate accounts for different product lines.

Whether you have one account or more, eBay expects users to manage each of their accounts effectively in order to meet the highest buyer and seller standards. These standards and rules regarding performance, risk, and best practices are applicable for each account and help ensure a safe and positive experience on eBay."

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

Wow, lucky!!!!! I get to agree with you. If other posters feel there is some secret advantage to having multiple ID's, they should take whatever time needed to register their own. That applies to just about any program available. I don't personally like promos and free listings, but I have enough of my own stuff to do that I can't waste time thinking that someone else has some advantage over me. It is what it is.

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

I have thousands of listings on TL that I will no longer be able to list and do not want anything to do with the HUB which is Spyware.

It is sad that eBay is more and more USER UNFRIENDLY, buy happy that they are not the only place to list and if they do not want me to list, I will just go where they do.

As it is now, it takes 100 listing to get 10 sales and I need TL to be able to do those batch listings.

eBay says, that the HUB has ALMOST all the features of TL, but I use ALL the features of TL.

At my age, I do not have  enough life left to waste on eBay's draconian way of ruling and feel more like I have gone from "Member" to "Slave"

The end of TL is the last straw after the nightmare of all the changes in item specifics.

Having to put the SAME name in "Actor" that is already in "Leading Role"  of not being able to list for example.

Hi @etvideo1ataol, we understand that changes to your listing tools can be stressful and recommend that you keep an eye out for additional updates on the retirement of Turbo Lister. I do want to clarify that while not all features of Turbo Lister can be made available in Seller Hub (as Turbo Lister is an offline tool and Seller Hub is an online tool), there are many options available that can help you list items in bulk. You've expressed some concerns about Seller Hub being some form of Spyware, and I can clarify any misunderstandings by confirming that a) Seller Hub does not install anything on your computer, b) Seller Hub simply displays to you all of the information we already have about your selling activity, in addition to providing additional tools to manage your selling activity, and c) enrolling in Seller Hub does not give us any additional access or monitoring capabilities than what already exists.

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

@nll-2003 wrote:
How exactly is this a helpful reply? I have 500+ listings like the OP in my account.

I won't be using eBay anymore either because there's no way for me to deal with my inventory otherwise.

Ebay wants you to open a store so they get the income from your listings.

500 listings is on around $70 per month to list them all.

What a deal for Ebay.

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

Hi @etvideo1ataol, we understand that changes to your listing tools can be stressful and recommend that you keep an eye out for additional updates on the retirement of Turbo Lister. I do want to clarify that while not all features of Turbo Lister can be made available in Seller Hub (as Turbo Lister is an offline tool and Seller Hub is an online tool), there are many options available that can help you list items in bulk. You've expressed some concerns about Seller Hub being some form of Spyware, and I can clarify any misunderstandings by confirming that a) Seller Hub does not install anything on your computer, b) Seller Hub simply displays to you all of the information we already have about your selling activity, in addition to providing additional tools to manage your selling activity, and c) enrolling in Seller Hub does not give us any additional access or monitoring capabilities than what already exists.

@trinton@ebay

Unless it can retain all listing, sold, and unsolds for the same amount of time as TL, seller hub will be useless for many sellers.

Message 15 of 42
latest reply