cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 10 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have!

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT, at which point we'll close thread from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

If you're new to our weekly chat, hello! 🤗

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will work review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: Community Chat, June 10 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Is there something going on with email for sold items?

This week I have had a few different variation of sold emails.

"ebay store inventory sold"  is one of them. That was an old style email I got years ago.

Each day it has varied and with each account there can be differences.

I am in Managed payments on this account and have been getting two emails per sale for months.  One saying item sold and one saying ready to ship.

and then today...  Nothing.

I have received very few emails although items have sold and are ready to ship.

I understand that part of it my be my server and I understand that, but since I have seen a variety of mail changes for sold and paid items this week, I can't help but wonder if it is related.

Do you know what the deal is with emails regarding sold items?  Thanks

Message 61 of 75
latest reply

@maxoptical wrote:

Hello eBay,   How often does the eBay bots verify my account is maintaining the correct Matrics to participate in the eBay Guaranteed Delivery program?  

John Norman
Max Optical LLC.

Hi @maxoptical - thanks for your patience - this took me a while to find! The lookback/refresh is every 2 weeks. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 62 of 75
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

"ebay store inventory sold"  is one of them. That was an old style email I got years ago.

I am in Managed payments on this account and have been getting two emails per sale for months.  One saying item sold and one saying ready to ship.

I understand that part of it my be my server and I understand that, but since I have seen a variety of mail changes for sold and paid items this week, I can't help but wonder if it is related.

Just speaking for myself.  This has resolved and it is back to the normal single email.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 63 of 75
latest reply

Another MP question: 
When Paypal sends an email saying a payment is received, I can "reply" and get the buyer's email on the "To" line. 
I use that "reply" to send a message saying when the package has been sent, and to provide the tracking number.
Will I have access to the buyer's email in MP?

Message 64 of 75
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

To piggyback on my prior question about ship dates.  I forgot to ask.

I am sabotaging my estimated delivery times when I ship the night before the actual ship date? 

I'm not speaking for eBay here and I may be wrong, but I believe your shipment timing or duration is tracked by eBay from the date/time of its first in-network scan by the carrier (e.g. an Acceptance scan by USPS), not by the date/time on which you printed the label.

Message 65 of 75
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Another MP question: 
When Paypal sends an email saying a payment is received, I can "reply" and get the buyer's email on the "To" line. 
I use that "reply" to send a message saying when the package has been sent, and to provide the tracking number.

You can get the buyer's email address on Ebay too.  Just look at your Sales record for the item.  It is available for a couple weeks or so after a transaction.

Message 66 of 75
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

I was hoping someone from ebay could give an answer to this or at least some information as to what is going on.

Message 67 of 75
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

Another MP question: 

You can get the buyer's email address on Ebay too.  Just look at your Sales record for the item.  It is available for a couple weeks or so after a transaction.

@vrykalak 

Whoops, one more thing.  Personally I would not recommend doing that.  For security reasons and for many other reasons, you should keep the email chain within Ebay.  It is for your protection as well as the buyer's.  IMHO it is not good to encourage off Ebay communication.  I too send my customer an email sometimes re shipping.  But always through Ebay.  Besides, Ebay sends one too when you update with the tracking number.

Message 68 of 75
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for joining us today, everyone! The chat is now closed from further questions and we will continue working on replies to any remaining questions. We look forward seeing you next week 🙂

Message 69 of 75
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

@golfingaddict this issue is now resolved. If you see any double emails going forward then please let me know and I'll be sure to report it 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 70 of 75
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Another MP question: 

Hi @vrykalak - this isn't something that you would normally have access to, so I don't believe that you'll see that in managed payments. However, you can always reach out to a payments teammate for specifics!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 71 of 75
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

I use ebay shipping for all of my accounts.

I have several pain points with the using the shipping.  While it is easy and actually works fine, there are a couple of things that cause me angst.

I ship the night before to have things ready to go in the morning.  For example, last night I printed labels post-dated to June 10.  But on the order details it clearly says You shipped this item on JUNE 9.

That is not accurate and portrays to the buyer that the seller is sitting on the package and not actually mailing it.

Why can't this program pull in the MAILING date that we use when we print the label.  In this case, I set all of my labels to June 10.

I also would like to point out that I would prefer ebay to not send the buyer the shipping notice until the actual ship date, as this can also be a pain point to buyers that think I haven't shipped.  

Over the holiday weekends, I would like to be able to pack and ship and print packages as the weekend goes on as It can be too much to do all at once but this wrong ship date holds me back from doing too much because I don't want to confuse buyers

2nd thing

In the seller hub under "orders" when I view all the orders I am able to skim the list and see things like "shipped" and "delivered"  It's especially important lately because the post office has had problems and MANY of the packages I am sending are delayed by a few days and in some cases a week.  

What I would like to be to do is sort this list by "delivered" or more importantly "shipped" so I can easily see the packages that I need to keep an eye on.   I need to see at least 30 days and that can be up to 300 items to skim through.  I use the notes feature to tag them to watch, but I would still like to sort them so that I can pull up the orders that have not been delivered after 4-5 days.

Thank you.

@golfingaddict while we consider the process of shipment to have begun when you print a label, your buyer is not told the item has been shipped. They're shown a label has been printed and given instructions on how to review tracking for any upcoming updates to the shipment. You'll see how this looks by reviewing some of the communication you've received from your purchases on eBay.

By providing a notice to the buyer that a label has been printed and that they can review the tracking for updates, we're helping prevent unnecessary concern on the buyer's part, questions to a seller about the shipment, and work to reduce the number of item not received requests.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 72 of 75
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

To piggyback on my prior question about ship dates.  I forgot to ask.

I am sabotaging my estimated delivery times when I ship the night before the actual ship date?

I have to prepare the packages the night before.  Under normal circumstances, I leave early in the morning and just cannot get up early to ship packages in the morning.  I need to get everything done the night before and then only deal with a few items in the morning that came in overnight.

I can't believe that I am the only one that needs to do this.  I just do not want to get false estimated delivery dates.  IT's already hard enough to get stuff delivered on time, even when I do ship early or on the day I say I will ship. (next business day) 

@golfingaddict the calculations for delivery dates do take into account historical data, so if you are shipping items early often then it may take it into account. I can't say for sure if it's effecting your estimated delivery dates, but it's a possibility. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 73 of 75
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carolynnq wrote:
6-8 weeks ago I listed a "wolfsnout." It's a foam nose covering that is used to filter out dust when riding dirt bikes and other off-road vehicles. It's clearly not a medical mask. It's identical to item 113352443820. But almost immediately after listing it, it was taken down with a warning that masks could not be sold. It's clearly not a medical mask. (I said so in all caps in the listing, in case anyone had the least bit of confusion.) It's made of foam and covers only the nose. It was listed in the eBay motors/offroad gear category. I don't want to get in trouble for listing this again when warned not to - is there any way to do this?

Hi @carolynnq, I wouldn't be able to discuss account specifics here on the boards so I can only recommend you review the message we sent when the item was removed for guidance on how or if you can safely relist and if you still have questions, I suggest that you contact Customer Service.

Message 74 of 75
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@coinslabz26 wrote:

Since ebay introduced the new shipping labels (with the long barcode in the upper right corner replacing the square stamp sized one) IOS device users lost the ability to print labels from their mobile devices. The barcode and letter for shipping method print blacked out.

This has been reported many, many times to @mobile_app_help and the issue seems to be very low priority. Most posts are answered with a 1 liner question before being abandoned.

Most recently the topic came up here

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-iOS/Problem-printing-Ebay-shipping-labels-from-iPad/m-p/309...

Pictures were posted by someone in that thread. I have also been asked to post pictures in the past too. With hurricane season starting this problem is an urgent one. In the past we have been able to go without power for a week and still manage to serve the ebay community uninterrupted thanks to the ability to print labels on a mobile device. With @mobile_app_help ignoring the issue we lost that ability. What is the ETA on this fix and can you guys put it in front of someone who recognizes the urgency of the need for mobile device users to be able to print labels from iphone and ipad?

@coinslabz26 I'm not familiar with this issue. I'll hunt down some answers and get back to you in this thread 🙂

Hi @coinslabz26 the mobile team is looking for more details here https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-iOS/Problem-printing-Ebay-shipping-labels-from-iPad/m-p/310...

Brian,
Community Team
Message 75 of 75
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: