cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 10 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have!

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT, at which point we'll close thread from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

If you're new to our weekly chat, hello! 🤗

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will work review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Is there a way that I am not seeing to add a store category while in the middle of a listing and have it populate so that it can be selected without having to go back and edit the listing - wither through a saved draft or editing a live listing?

If not - is it something that can be looked into for future enhancements?

Message 2 of 75
latest reply

Due to my recent changes in workflow I am now using multiple devices on multiple IP addresses to access my account. I am being forced to log in more than normal, plus I have to do the puzzle game now. Is there a workaround so I can stay logged in longer, or get hassled less when logging in? I am guessing this is genuinely working as intended, but the devices in question are all my own so I am not concerned about the security risks.
Message 3 of 75
latest reply

Tomorrow marks two weeks since some pretty significant issues in the community started after an update.  And in those two weeks, while lots of questions have been asked, we have gotten no updates at all that I've seen.

Can we get an update on what is going on please?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 75
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:
Due to my recent changes in workflow I am now using multiple devices on multiple IP addresses to access my account. I am being forced to log in more than normal, plus I have to do the puzzle game now. Is there a workaround so I can stay logged in longer, or get hassled less when logging in? I am guessing this is genuinely working as intended, but the devices in question are all my own so I am not concerned about the security risks.

Oh I hate that puzzle piece.  If you don't get it to land just right, you have to start all over again.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 75
latest reply

@glgenterprise wrote:

Is there a way that I am not seeing to add a store category while in the middle of a listing and have it populate so that it can be selected without having to go back and edit the listing - wither through a saved draft or editing a live listing?

If not - is it something that can be looked into for future enhancements?

@glgenterprise there isn't an option to create a store category within the listing flow. It's something I can suggest 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 6 of 75
latest reply

"My opinions and post are my own and not necessarily those of my employer"

Hi,

Thank you in advance for your time and advice on all questions, I have learned a lot from reading the boards and attending community chats when I can.

We sell used automotive parts and often this requires shipping freight due to the size and weight of engines, transmissions and other components.

In our listings we include the shipping requirements for the customer that I have posted below

"Free shipping Details:

Commercial Address WITH Forklift or Loading Dock - Price listed is for shipping to a commercial/business address with a forklift or loading dock designed for semi trucks. If you do not have a business address with a forklift or loading dock, we will ship this item to a freight terminal that is available closest to your shipping zip code (sometimes they are not close, so verify before purchasing). You must provide a day time phone number when you are checking out."

We check the address on google and in cases where the customer has a delivery address that is residential we can contact the customer and offer the shipping to the nearest terminal, ask for a business address that can handle unloading, or cancel the sale due to address problem.

Often the shipping address will be a commercial address but they will not have a fork lift or any ability to unload the semi and we have had cases where the customer will even reply to a message that yes they have the ability to do so.

When this happens the freight company will return the freight to their warehouse and re-deliver on a smaller truck with lift gate but that results in much higher charges often a few hundred dollars after they tack on a re-delivery fee, lift gate fee, and/or limited access fee.

We all know eBay and customer's want to see "Free Shipping" and I don't disagree with that. We have set an average cost into our pricing and this often works well (sometimes you win a few dollars, sometimes you lose) and allows us to offer our customer a fair price but when customers ignore the shipping requirements it causes huge increases (usually over two hundred dollars) and delays.

What would be eBay's suggestion to when this happens or to avoid this? (other than to increase pricing to cover those that don't pay attention to the shipping details and penalize those that do).

Message 7 of 75
latest reply

I'm gonna install a program to place it for me 😛
Message 8 of 75
latest reply

It seems to do it after so many logins. Try hitting the arrow back and logging in again.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 9 of 75
latest reply

re Managed Payments - I read everything I could find, but still worry:
a. my bank charges a fee if I have more than 10 transactions/month. If I have to print labels from my bank, and have deposits made once a week, I will way exceed that. Is there any possibility that, while funds are available midweek, labels could be printed using those funds?
b. How will refunds work if the money is not available online?

Message 10 of 75
latest reply

tenho uma pergunta,,, abri um caso noEbay referente ao nao recebimento de um item.. o caso foi fechado pelo ebay, recebi um email dizendo que haveria um reembolso total do valor , porem esse credito ate o momento nao foi feito,, qual o canal pra que eu possa verificar esse procedimento, visto que no site do ebay consta que o assunto foi resolvido ao meu favor e que foi direcionado o credito a minha pessoa

Message 11 of 75
latest reply

Since ebay introduced the new shipping labels (with the long barcode in the upper right corner replacing the square stamp sized one) IOS device users lost the ability to print labels from their mobile devices. The barcode and letter for shipping method print blacked out.

This has been reported many, many times to @mobile_app_help and the issue seems to be very low priority. Most posts are answered with a 1 liner question before being abandoned.

Most recently the topic came up here

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-iOS/Problem-printing-Ebay-shipping-labels-from-iPad/m-p/309...

Pictures were posted by someone in that thread. I have also been asked to post pictures in the past too. With hurricane season starting this problem is an urgent one. In the past we have been able to go without power for a week and still manage to serve the ebay community uninterrupted thanks to the ability to print labels on a mobile device. With @mobile_app_help ignoring the issue we lost that ability. What is the ETA on this fix and can you guys put it in front of someone who recognizes the urgency of the need for mobile device users to be able to print labels from iphone and ipad?

Message 12 of 75
latest reply

I think the site is getting grumpy that I am trying to access my account from three IP addresses on one phone, and four computers. 🤪 🤪 🤪
Message 13 of 75
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mam98031 wrote:

Tomorrow marks two weeks since some pretty significant issues in the community started after an update.  And in those two weeks, while lots of questions have been asked, we have gotten no updates at all that I've seen.

Can we get an update on what is going on please?

Hi @mam98031, I know that brian@ebay has been investigating issues and working with our third-party platform provider, Khoros, for fixes. He's provided updates as they have become available to our mentors, as most of our reports have come from this group. I can confirm that we'll work to resolve any outstanding technical problems as soon as possible!

Message 14 of 75
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Hi @gwzcomps - you're right that those are in place for security, but I'm not certain if there's a way to make them remember you for longer. Let me do some digging. I'll update you as I hear back!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 75
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: