cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to print shipping label - its blacked out

I print several labels a day. I buy them on eBay, and I use a Dymo 4XL. I'm trying to print out a label and its showing up as black - just black. It won't print. This has never happened to me before. Is there a shipping glitch right now? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: trying to print shipping label - its blacked out

@thenorthbellcollection 

Here is one thread that dealt with a similar issue and at least one suggestion to try:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/My-shipping-labels-are-black-on-the-screen-an...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I called eBay and reported this. The rep was able to duplicate what was happening and said he would look into it.  I discovered a work-around on my own. I can click the small link that says something like, "if your label shows up too small, you can click here."  I do that and I'm able to snip the label, dowload the snip, and insert directly into my dymo , and print it. 

Still doesn't explain why the label on eBay would be black. I'm assuming there's some kind of glitch going on here...

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@thenorthbellcollection 

Is your browser set to open .pdf files using Adobe Acrobat, or its own built-in generic .pdf reader?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I have my PC set up to read .PDFs. I haven't changed anything in my computer, and like I said, I've been buying/ printing out several labels a day this way for over 2 years and this is the first time I've experienced this.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@thenorthbellcollection 

I have my PC set up to read .PDFs.

Are you opening these .pdfs in Adobe Acrobat or a browser preview window? The latter seems to be problematic, so you might consider changing your browser preferences to open .pdfs using Adobe Acrobat instead if that is the case.

It is possible that some update or software installation changed your default settings without your knowledge, so it is good to check if something stops working.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Heard that story today from customer service. Tried printing my labels through the bulk shipping and it gave the error message that my paypal wasn't set up and I needed to change my settings in PayPal. I double checked and they were exactly the same as I've been using for years without incident. Called CS and they acknowledge there was a problem and assured me that the "team" was working on it and sent me labels to print out via email. This adds another problem to the long list of existing issues.

1) Not being able to make offers to watchers 

2) Can't  Print Flyers from my store

3) If I try to revise listings made from the mobile app. I get error msg and have to start over (sell similar)

4) All listings done through the mobile app are "not mobile friendly" meta tag issues

5) Listings showing active content ie; java script, when they don't.

6) eBay closing my second account with no explanation

7) error messages  such as the "it's not you it's us" "server down, try again later" and the usual others.

😎 no access to seller tools, Professional account with a premium store showing as an " individual" account

9) I have screen shots but customer service  won't give me an address to send them.

There are other issues as well. When I opened a second account to see if the same issues would be in place on that account, it was suspended on the 3rd day. Called eBay about that and all they would tell me is that a decision had been made and it was not open to appeal or further discussion. And now the inability to create labels through ebay. Death by a thousand cuts. All this weirdness started at exactly the time of the 'so called" upgrade to the eBay system. 

I've been a seller on eBay since 2011. I have never posted a complaint in all that time to this board. I' really don't know what else to do at this point. Any suggestions would be welcome, especially from someone on the technical team with eBay.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@the.quality.goods.store 

Any suggestions would be welcome, especially from someone on the technical team with eBay.

If anyone on the technical team with eBay reads this board, they do not participate in these discussions. This is a forum for users to share issues and offer suggestions and workarounds.

Not being a seller myself, I cannot help with your selling issues, other than to say that some of the things you mention have been talked about on the discussion boards recently. Try scanning some recent posts or searching for some salient terms to see if any of the discussions can help you.

Regarding sending offers to watchers, I believe that the feature is not available for every category or for every item; if your watchers have disabled certain communications in their preferences, you will not be able to contact them.

Here is a recent thread about "javascript" being flagged in text descriptions:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Receiving-error-quot-Your-listing-cannot-contain-java...

To get the most eyes on your individual problems you may be better off concentrating on one issue at a time and starting a new thread if none of the recent threads mentions your particular problem. Good luck.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Appreciate the advice. I dont recall being this frustrated in my entire adult life. Whenever i focus on one issue another one pops up. Todays shipping glitch. Anyway, moaning about it won't help. I'll try more produtive avenues. I just need a map

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@the.quality.goods.store 

Sorry to hear you are frustrated. There certainly are a lot of issues that eBay has not addressed; for the most part, everyone is in the same boat. Sometimes all you can do is concentrate on the things that still work and use them as best you can.

Here is a recent thread about the promotional flyers; unfortunately not much in the way of useful suggestions, I'm afraid:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Flyer-is-NOT-Working-Need-a-Fix-Since-months/m-p/2973...

[edit -- I just noticed you posted to that thread, so I guess you already knew about it.]

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks. That's the least of my concerns. Just using it to illustrate the incompetence of ebay to roll a successful back end platform update without creating Armageddon.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Yes. I fecently discovered that others were experimenting problems similar after managing to stay away from this place for 8 years. I think i may have posted twice. In those years until last week. I'm not a complainer. I'm at the end of the road
Message 12 of 12
latest reply