cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently Viewed - in FULL view!

I've noticed someone slipped a new annoyance in the dashboard. 

Just to the left of the "My eBay" feature, there is now a "Recently Viewed" feature. While heading for "Your eBay", if you dare to hover over this "no-fly zone" for even a split second, all of a sudden half your screen is plastered with the last 6 items you've looked at. 

If I wanted to see my Recently Viewed, I'd CLICK on something! Now I get to see it involuntarily 20 times a day. Thanks eBay!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@replayaz 

If this feature continues to be an annoyance, it can probably be blotted out by using the element hiding feature of an ad blocker. You should be able to select "Block element" in Adblock Plus or "Block an ad on this page" in AdBlock, and then target the offending button to neutralize that feature. It may require some minor fine tuning to make sure there is no collateral damage to other more useful features on the page.

Unfortunately I do not have access to a seller account, so I cannot see the actual dashboard to test this or provide more detailed instructions. If someone does try this and is successful, they might be able to post the latest entry in their custom rule set so that others can copy and apply it directly.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

For me I can only see recently viewed if I click on it.  Theres a clear all option if you got to recently viewed.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@berserkerplanet 

Thanks! I see it now at the top of all some of my pages sometimes. I guess I had to restart my browser to get it to appear.

I saw the reference to "dashboard" and when I did not see the button, I assumed wrongly it was a seller dashboard issue.

This AdBlock rule seems to work for me, but I have not tested it extensively yet:

www.ebay.com##DIV[class="gh-menu gh--link__divider"]

I seem to be having difficulty getting the new feature to appear consistently on my pages even when ad blocking is turned off -- which is fine because I do not need the new feature, but it makes testing somewhat problematic.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Interesting.

I'm not going to do any more testing for now since I personally don't care - it was already disappeared by other Stylish rules I use that get rid of most of the stuff at the top in most browsers on most pages, and it doesn't "flyout" or do anything annoying for me - just sits there looking like a link.

Your rule looks similar to the first one I posted - my rule just takes out the that DIV element's parent LI element too -either one works to wipe out that area completely - but most would want to use

ebay.com##DIV[class="gh-menu gh--link__divider"]

without the www. prefix because using the www reduces the scope of the rule and causes it to not match https://my.ebay.com/... or other pages on other eBay subdomains.

That approach can be used to tweak things slightly by using multiple rules with differing subdomain prefixes to create a sieve that removes it on some eBay pages but not others if desired to have that "Recently Viewed" "feature" be available some places, but is very limited due to scoping limitations of the adblocker rules.

(that's why I use Stylish CSS rules to hide things instead - it is surgical in it's ability to define the scope of rules using domains, URLS, URL-prefix, and RegEx, unlike the crude domain## or subdomain.domain## only scoping adblocker element hiding rules possess.)
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@berserkerplanet 

Your rule looks similar to the first one I posted - my rule just takes out the that DIV element's parent LI element too -either one works to wipe out that area completely - but most would want to use

ebay.com##DIV[class="gh-menu gh--link__divider"]

without the www. prefix because using the www reduces the scope of the rule and causes it to not match https://my.ebay.com/... or other pages on other eBay subdomains.

Good point about the www prefix -- I had noticed that the button still appeared on my.ebay.com pages, but for some reason the version on that page did not exhibit the "flyout" that occurred on other pages in Firefox. As long as the button is well-behaved it is not a problem for me, but others may want to be able to remove it if is a problem for them.

I just noticed that when I used Edge on this particular machine with no ad blocking I could not see that button at all. Clearing my cache and cookies and reloading the page does reveal it, and it does "flyout" when hovering the cursor. Though without any history, it is just a white block with the text "undefined" in it. Adding that element hiding rule to my ad blocker removes it.

It is possible that I have some other element hiding rule in Firefox that already takes care of it in some instances, as I like to remove extraneous distracting elements from pages I use a lot.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yes it's bloody irritating. Ebay picked the WORST spot to put this idiotic button because most new tabs go the the far right. So it will always trigger when you move the mouse away from a new tab.

Or is this intentional?
Message 8 of 8
latest reply