cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see full resolution of my images

Here's an issue that started recently for me. When I go into one of my listings and click the main photo, I'm unable to see the full resolution image pop up, it just shows me a tiny photo. However, I'm able to see the full resolution with the second photo I upload, just not the first. This is a big problem for me because I sell antique photographs, and the tiny details are what make the images desirable.

It's odd that I *can* see the full resolution when I hover over the photo, but not when I click on it.

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Unable to see full resolution of my images

Yeah, not a bad idea

Message 61 of 72
latest reply

While the issue seems to be fixed partly, I still see tiny images in View all. Hope that fix is coming next.

Message 62 of 72
latest reply

@threetabbycats wrote:

While the issue seems to be fixed partly, I still see tiny images in View all. Hope that fix is coming next.

Let's ask @shipscript 

Do you think this is a related technical issue or is this the way the view all is intended to display?  

Message 63 of 72
latest reply

It started happening the same time as the other issue. Images in view all didn't used to have all the white space around them. It looks terrible 😕!

Message 64 of 72
latest reply

@threetabbycats 

I am sorry, I just do not know.  You may want to upload your screenshots of the issue again in a new post here and tag Kyle to get his thoughts.

Message 65 of 72
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 

@threetabbycats 

The images in search are showing correctly when a large image format is selected in the customization settings of search. There will be blank space around the image at some browser widths, as the holder is a flexible size, while the image remains a constant size. This performs as intended. Pull in the edges of the browser to see the code in action.

Unfortunately, when medium and small images are selected, the same large empty space is used as the image holder, like a lonesome cheerio floating in a bowl of milk.  I think this is a very poor implementation of the smaller image sizes.  However, it may have been necessary as a backstop to the amount of text next to, or below, the image.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 66 of 72
latest reply

I see what you mean about pulling the edges in on the browser making the images larger. What a weird way to implement it. Why not have the images full sizes no matter how you have your browser sized? I mean, what is the point of ever showing the images with a bunch of unnecessary white space around the image? Why do that?

I love your analogy to a lonesome cheerio in a bowl of milk! 

Message 67 of 72
latest reply

kyle@ebay  fixed for me as of yesterday 4.27.23 smile_cat

Message 68 of 72
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

kyle@ebay  fixed for me as of yesterday 4.27.23 smile_cat

Hey @stuff4divas that's great to hear!  Thanks for keeping me in the loop.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 69 of 72
latest reply

Same here and I am beyond annoyed, i sell fabric and im having trouble maling out the detail so customers are probably struggling....not every listing though.

Im wondering if they do fix it and they blow the images back up are they going to be blurred? Or just back to how i uploaded them originally?

Message 70 of 72
latest reply

@kateinthe26th  

eBay never lost the big images. They simply put small versions in the listing. Each size of image has a different file name and they selected the wrong file name.  eBay has set the reference back to the large image, so no blurry resizing was necessary.

If you have having issues with only a few listings, then there may be a problem with the image that was uploaded. It might have been cropped too much.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 71 of 72
latest reply

I am having this issue with the pictures now. Was this issue resolved for you?

Message 72 of 72
latest reply