cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see full resolution of my images

Here's an issue that started recently for me. When I go into one of my listings and click the main photo, I'm unable to see the full resolution image pop up, it just shows me a tiny photo. However, I'm able to see the full resolution with the second photo I upload, just not the first. This is a big problem for me because I sell antique photographs, and the tiny details are what make the images desirable.

It's odd that I *can* see the full resolution when I hover over the photo, but not when I click on it.

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

My work around at the moment, is uploading my main image to another image upload slot, so at least fellow collectors can see the main image, as it should be properly seen/viewed.  Not in the least ideal, with over 800 listings, I do NOT want have to add each main image to another, this is not ideal in the least, but at least a temp work around till eBay figures this out, if they ever do!

Message 31 of 72
latest reply

My work around at the moment, is uploading my main image to another image upload slot, so at least fellow collectors can see the main image, as it should be properly seen/viewed.  Not in the least ideal, with over 800+ listings, I do NOT want have to add each main image to another image slot, this is not ideal in the least, but at least a temp work around till eBay figures this out, if they ever do!

Message 32 of 72
latest reply

Unfortunately, eBay keeps getting worse.. I will be adding photo 1 twice since the first one comes up tiny.. awful.. just extra work..

Message 33 of 72
latest reply

I did the same adding another image, but I only have a few auctions.  It's also not ideal for those who may need, or want, to use all slots to feature a product.

The first image comes up in search results, and as I noted in earlier post, I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Maybe we should all remove that first image?  Search results would all have blank photo images possibly forcing Ebay to wonder why and do something, if not working on it already.  Those searching might wonder what's up and, hopefully, check the auction(s) thy are interested in anyway based on the title/heading.

Message 34 of 72
latest reply

Thank heavens I've found this thread. I have exactly the same problem and this thread confirms that it is an Ebay issue and not a problem with my photos(all Ebay listings exhibit the same issue) nor my browser(used 3 different browsers) etc etc. It's a server side issue and we  collectively need to make Ebay acknowledge this. So everybody.....call Customer Support again and refer them to this thread!!

I have just viewed the OPs listings and can confirm his/her listings exhibit exactly the same problems as mine.

Message 35 of 72
latest reply

I just got off another chat session with an eBay Customer Service agent. The first agent was clueless, but he passed me to someone else who said eBay is working on a fix for this. It's Ticket#1-462366848251. 

Folks, if you contact CS about this, and please do, reference Ticket#1-462366848251! I think (hope) that the more people who contact eBay about this issue, the higher priority it will get. 

Message 36 of 72
latest reply

Same issue - all main photos show up small when clicked on. A short-term fix, although I dislike having to do this - is it upload two copies of the main photo. 1st shows small, 2nd shows large.  Needs fixing ASAP.

Message 37 of 72
latest reply

Since Kyle recommended that we all contact support to escalate this issue, I used the contact option at the bottom of this help page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/technical-issues/technical-issues?id=4220

Instead of using the Callback phone option, I wanted to paste content, so I clicked the chat option and typed "agent" into the slot and chose a human chat.

In addition to my explanation of the issue, I gave the agent the Ticket#   1-462366848251   that  @threetabbycats  posted here.

@bretts 

@njrtsr 

@sta8mps_8 

@cmgl 

@ehartf 

@howe1850 

@rncco 

@fba1916 

@graded_card_vault 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 38 of 72
latest reply

@shipscript  yes, my listings are small sized 1st photo and the rest full size.

i created a listing today on my other selling account just to see, and it too has the small size on 1st photo only.

i did an edit to put one of the larger size photos 1st, but it downsized as well.

as always, thank u for the 'deep dive' into the problem. it sounds like u solved it 🎉

Message 39 of 72
latest reply

Thank you for the tip.

Have just done the same. 

Message 40 of 72
latest reply

@shipscript  kyle@ebay  just added my account to the ticket #1-462366848251 

Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 5.29.27 PM.png

  very nice cs

Message 41 of 72
latest reply

Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 5.40.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 5.43.37 PM.png

posting a larger sized ss @shipscript  @kyle@ebay @njrtsr 

Message 42 of 72
latest reply

Fingers crossed! I already have 5k worth of material up at auction this week that's not getting the treatment it deserves due to low resolution pictures.

Message 43 of 72
latest reply

@shipscript 

@threetabbycats  

@bretts 

@njrtsr 

@sta8mps_8 

@cmgl 

@ehartf 

@howe1850 

@rncco 

@stuff4divas 

@fba1916 

@nicknackshop 

I think each of us get a different SR # when we contact customer service.  My SR # is 1-462386974201. 

I just chatted again with customer service and the rep provided me with a report number REQ000003744225.  If I understood correctly, we can share this report number with the rep when contacting customer service.  

Thank you to everyone for reporting the issue.

Message 44 of 72
latest reply

Putting the first image twice poses no problems.. just a tiny bit of extra work.. where I had the problem is “fixing” the unsold lots that I relisted.. they were fine 2 weeks ago.. so I had to look at each one and see if it needed a tweak.. going forward, image #1 is put in twice and all is ok..

Message 45 of 72
latest reply