cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotions Banner Again Appearing at BOTTOM of Listing

Hi all!

I am noticing my promotions banners are again showing at the BOTTOM of listings, and no longer up near the top of the page (my understanding was that eBay decided to revert back to displaying the banner back at the top of the page from their ill-conceived decision to move them to the bottom).

Perhaps there is valid data to support better conversions with the banner at the bottom of the page.  Regardless, I still prefer it to appear at the top, and it is disappointing not having not having an option to choose from.  

Is this a new test?  Is anyone else experiencing this?

These constant changes and lack of communication are getting frustrating.

Thanks for any insights,

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: Promotions Banner Again Appearing at BOTTOM of Listing

I posed a question about this to Bob Kupbens - there's a thread on this.

My question is here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Questions-for-Bob-Kupbens/Visibility-of-Promotions/idi-p/28615489

Hopefully he'll consider it a top question & answer! or better, fix it.

Main thread is in the Inside eBay discussion forum:

We want to hear your questions for Bob Kupbens, V.P. of Seller and Marketplace Operations! Bob will answer the top questions via a live video chat on 6/27.

Message 61 of 94
latest reply

If this is an issue you are concerned about, maybe click like on the post so Bob looks at it - I think he'll only look at the most popular questions: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Questions-for-Bob-Kupbens/Visibility-of-Promotions/idi-p/28615489
Message 62 of 94
latest reply

i'm so sick and tired of ebay playing these games with sellers.
Message 63 of 94
latest reply

Mine sale banner finally ended up showing correctly on all platofrms for the last 2 weeks, then the sale ended before I could extend it.     When I created a new sale (same one as before), now the banner is missing from where it was yesterday before the last sale ended.   I'm tired of hearing "it's the new placement".  No it isn't, it's a technical problem, because it's not even showing on the mobile app....yet. 

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 64 of 94
latest reply

@tink012 wrote:
If this is an issue you are concerned about, maybe click like on the post so Bob looks at it - I think he'll only look at the most popular questions: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Questions-for-Bob-Kupbens/Visibility-of-Promotions/idi-p/28615489

Thanks for posting this link!  I went there and clicked like and also posted a comment.   I think the more comments added the better, as it might get more of his attention, as well.   

Message 65 of 94
latest reply

I don't know if they nuked the questions for Bob or if it's another eBay infrastructure failure, but that topic is no longer available as of the time I'm posting.

Again, just tell us it's creaky infrastructure and a projected refresh date. Ignoring that eBay isn't living up to its standards is not going to fix this.

Message 66 of 94
latest reply

Tink, thanks for getting that question in front of Mr. Bob Kupbens.

The nice folks over at EcommerceBytes.com just posted an update on this after Bob's video, anyone interested in this thread may want to take a read:

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments/2018/7/1530477782.html

Message 67 of 94
latest reply

Wow. Just wow. I am truly astonished that eBay would intentionally hide sales without any notice or explanation to the seller. No intent to help the seller come in alignment with eBay's policy idea, just f**k right off seller!

I have to assume that eBay doesn't value sellers very much. Which is an odd thing for a company with its particular business model. Perhaps my disdain for business schools has been insufficiently strong all these years.
Message 68 of 94
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
+1 I posted in this thread earlier and AGAIN today I noticed that my listings with 10 days or less remaining are not showing the promotion in my store. All newer listings still are and things seemed to have been working for a while. This also means that the promotion is not shown is search results! So about 1/3 of my listings now are not showing a promotion. eBay! Why are we paying for stores to use this promotion function, etc. when it doesn't work half of the time?! Totally random functionality at best!
Message 69 of 94
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

So... last night I decided to end my promotion and start a new/different one. I had been planning to do this anyway. Now the only sign of my new promotion is currently at the bottom of item pages! Nothing showing up when looking at my store, nothing in search results, no banner at the top of item pages. This is so ridiculous and I'm sick of this nonsense. Bob Kupbens and eBay said they're sorry though if sellers have been experiencing issues. Corporate talking heads. I will be considering ending my store if this continues and others should as well. We are paying to use features such as promotions but if buyers can't see it then what's the point?! 

Message 70 of 94
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

From an eBay CS rep on Twitter when I DM'd my complaints, which were promotion not showing up in search results, not showing at the top of item pages, not showing under qualifying items in my store:

"I understand you're not a fan of the banner location and we have taken your feedback into consideration. Increasing your sales is a shared interest we have and we want these promotions to go as far as possible."

Can there be any more of a canned response than this? Yeah they want our promotions to go far by not allowing any buyers to see them!! What a joke. These issues have been going on this entire year correct? It's 6 months and no fix whatsoever. I'm starting to think they actually don't want promotions so they can collect more fees on full price sales. After all, eBay keeps devising more ways for them to collect more $ and this could be another. 

Message 71 of 94
latest reply

Read the link ritasloft posted above. When are done reading hopefully you can stop cussing a blue streak and get your blood pressure back down in the next few days.

eBay is not a seller's friend, I guess.
Message 72 of 94
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Already read it, thanks. Kupbens' answers are a joke and they are not sorry. As long as they're rolling in the $ from sellers they don't care about any problems. They act as if all the inventory is theirs but they own nothing, and trying to control every aspect and/or restrict what sellers are trying to do selling their items. Are they going to refund sellers who pay for stores and their promotions don't display properly? Or refund sellers for lost sales because of all issues which they caused? Fat chance.
Message 73 of 94
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this was the 3rd day that my banner was only showing at the bottom of the page. eBay Twitter CS hasn't answered for 2 days. So I decided to say "F IT" and ended my promotion and revised my listings. No point in trying to use a promotion anymore that eBay won't support and hasn't fixed since months ago. Besides, buyers rarely used the promotion anyway. If they did they only bought 2-3 of the cheapest items to get even more off. eBay has turned into a penny store with buyers looking for bottom basement prices on everything.

They also made a change to item pages last night affecting at least the Entertainment category (DVD, Blu-ray, CD, Video Games, etc). They are now forcing cross-promotions. There used to be a setting to deselect this but eBay has removed it. Other sellers items are now at the top of the item page and below the description. They're telling buyers to leave your item and go buy something else instead. They're showing mostly the cheapest items which may be poor quality and sending buyers there. And most of those go to the largest sellers, taking even more away from the smaller sellers. Sick of eBay trying to screw over sellers every way they can think of.

Lastly along with the above, they have put the stock photos back into all these listings. I uploaded my own photos but now the stock is in there too and can't be removed. If you're selling a Brand New item the stock photo is now default on your item page. What a complete joke. They're trying to make every seller's items appear the same. Downward spiral continues....... What's next?

Message 74 of 94
latest reply

Here I am again.  I am currently running only three promotions, and all three are for Free Shipping if you purchase X amount of items or spend X amount of dollars.  For the past month only one of the promotions shows at the top of my listings; the other two do not.

The one promotion that is shown at the top of my listings is "Free Shipping when you spend $25 or more".  The interesting thing is that the other day I paused the promotion, made a copy of it but switched it to "Free Shipping when you spend $20 or more".  When I activated the $20 promo, it was showing at the bottom.  So, I paused that one and resumed the $25 promo.  Guess what?  It was showing back at the top.

So, maybe eBay doesn't want me to offer "too good" of promotions.  Why could this be?  Is it because my customer's total order can be less to receive free shipping, and therefore eBay will not make any money off the possible extra $5 spent and the shipping costs?

I am frustrated to the point where it's like, "Do I even want to put any more time or effort into this?  Will anything I do (e.g. leave a message in the "Community" or call Customer Service) make any sort of difference what-so-ever?  I'm I wasting my time typing out this clearly and concisely written post?"  

Any advice?

P.S. I'm trying to be positive.

Message 75 of 94
latest reply