cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG?] Listings not displaying promotion banner & "watchers"

I've noticed the past couple days the "promotion banner" (I'm not sure if there's a proper term for it) is no longer displaying on the top of listings (the one that reads "Buy one and get one at x% off". 

Additionally, "Watchers" (and the number) also does not seem to be displaying in listings.

Thanks for any guidance,

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Re: [BUG?] Listings not displaying promotion banner & "watchers"

I noticed the same this morning and when I called support the person told me I have to use the promoted lisitings feature to have the offer banner appear in each of my listings. 

She confirmed that the 10% discount I created in the promotion does appear when an item is added to the cart or when the BuyItNow is selected but was unable to explain or even understand that the promotion offer banner no longer appears in each listing for the promotion.  That is when she told me I need to use the promoted listings feature which has nothing to do with the actual promtions feature.

At that point I asked for a manager or supervisor to call me.  So frustrating..............

Message 2 of 79
latest reply

@iwantthatauction wrote:

... was unable to explain or even understand that the promotion offer banner no longer appears in each listing for the promotion.  That is when she told me I need to use the promoted listings feature which has nothing to do with the actual promtions feature.

At that point I asked for a manager or supervisor to call me.  So frustrating..............

Thanks @iwantthatauction , yes the few times I've called into offshore support theres often a significant disconnect between message sent, and message received. 

Using promoted listings here. 

Having the offer shown after the customer adds the item to the cart is missing the point entirely (at that time it's a "free" bonus the customer just discovered).   The banner is important to announce the promo and nudge the customer as a call to action for them add the items to the cart in the first place

Also, since the promos seem to be appearing in search (this feature seems to twinkle on-and-off like distant stars...) if a buyer does click on an item with a promo in search results and anticipates seeing it in the top banner spot there's a possibility they'll abandon the order altogether if it's not shown in the anticipated location at the top.

Message 3 of 79
latest reply

As I stated in the previous post before yours there seems to be a problem with the marketing promotions( ex, buy 1, get 1) appearing at the bottom of the listing rather than the top as it has been or sale items markdowns at the very bottom (and we all know to look all the way down for something this important GRRRR) When I called they said 3 others have called....either thats b-s or not enough are calling for them to fix or announce anything about it.

Message 4 of 79
latest reply

Well said.  I just got off the phone with support again and he said he will call me back in one hour.  I explained that the banner only appears on the bottom of the screen and no longer appears at the top of the listing.  There seems to be no procedure for the off-shore support people to readily forward serious reported problems back to the people in California that were responsible for the problems they created.  

Message 5 of 79
latest reply

noticed the same issue. My promotional tab is now located at very bottom of listing page, rather than directly below listing. hope it gets fixed 

Message 6 of 79
latest reply

Same over here. Hopefully it gets resolved soon!

Message 7 of 79
latest reply

I just received a call back from the same support person I talked with yesterday.  I thought he had forgotten about me but he called to update me that the issue was escalated to the techs at ebay and it is a problem that requires fixing and they are working to resolve the issue.  No ETA given.  

I have to say that I was impressed with this one person in support whch is a rare thing to say.

What I don't understand is when ebay knows either in advance of an ebayer finding the problem or it gets reported then why in gods green earth do they not send out an announcement so we ebayers are not wasting our valuable time (hours spent researching, blogging, and calling support) especially when it is confirmed that it is not not an isolated incident to just one or a handful of ebayers.  It's not rocket science or a new concept at proving customer service.  I just don't get it why they consistently choose the path of no communication especially with this type of issue.

Message 8 of 79
latest reply

I also have the promotion item discount at the botto of the page.. Also number of watchers are missing.. Whats going on?

Message 9 of 79
latest reply

Agreed, well put, as I posted in a new posting....just some statement that it is a technical problems to inform us that have hours and hours into this that it is being looked at would be good business practice I would think.

Message 10 of 79
latest reply

Noticed this tonight for the first time. Tried resetting Promotions and turning on/off the cross promotion setting in marketing tools..no luck.

Will share feedback when I actually get a confident answer..

Message 11 of 79
latest reply

*UPDATE*

I received a reply today via @askEbay Twitter support.  

I was informed that eBay tested the placement of the promotions banner below the description on the item page and that the decision was made to make this permanent (not personally a big fan of this decision, but presumably over time users will become accustomed to it's new placement).

As for the watchers, I was informed that feature has been removed the item listing page but will remain on the search results page.  (I'm indifferent on this mater.)

If I'm granted permission by the @askEbay Twitter social respondant I'll paste a screenshot of the verbatim reply here, or perhaps they'll choose to do so directly).

-Rita (feel free to DM me on Twitter @ritasloft)

Message 12 of 79
latest reply

Contadicts what a supervisor at ebay customer service stated 4 days ago about it being a technical error that they are working on and plan to fix. But then again she said within 24 hours it should be back to normal and so far no mention of this directly from ebay. How hard is it to place in announcements and make it clear for sellers....new page design or technical error?

Message 13 of 79
latest reply

No argument here that communication could have been handled better, especially if these changes impact every listing on the site.  (Side note, I'm not seeing watcher count in the search view?)

Here's a link to my inquiry & @AskeBay's response: https://twitter.com/RitasLoft/status/956619976764481537

Hope that helps.

Message 14 of 79
latest reply

I look at the " watchers" all the time on my items.

What is the search page ?

Thanks

Message 15 of 79
latest reply