cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotions Banner Again Appearing at BOTTOM of Listing

Hi all!

I am noticing my promotions banners are again showing at the BOTTOM of listings, and no longer up near the top of the page (my understanding was that eBay decided to revert back to displaying the banner back at the top of the page from their ill-conceived decision to move them to the bottom).

Perhaps there is valid data to support better conversions with the banner at the bottom of the page.  Regardless, I still prefer it to appear at the top, and it is disappointing not having not having an option to choose from.  

Is this a new test?  Is anyone else experiencing this?

These constant changes and lack of communication are getting frustrating.

Thanks for any insights,

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

As of 7 am EST today,  my banners are back and my sale is showing on the mobile app again.  @ritasloft  and everyone else who was having problems, have you checked your listings  this morning?   

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 46 of 94
latest reply

Thanks for the update @shoptalkid!

Spot checking my listings yesterday I had listings showing 3 different banner placements:

1. One listing (the first I looked at) actually had the promo banner at both the top AND the bottom (naturally I was pretty excited when I saw that).
  2. Most my listings had the promo banner back at the bottom
  3. Some still had no promo banner whatsoever, either top or bottom

I didn't bother checking mobile apps yesterday since promo banners were still a disaster on eBay.com.

A cursory look at some listings today shows that most of them are showing the shipping promo at the bottom of the listing and in mobile. 

If you are inclined please feel free to PM me your selling account that has the promos back up top, I'd love to take a look later.

Glad to know that someone's banners are fixed, crossing-fingers this is being rolled-out to the rest of us.

Message 47 of 94
latest reply

My banners were showing up yesterday on the top of my listings but I noticed today that they were at the bottom again!  Guess what?  No sales so far today!  eBay....PLEASE fix this!  

Message 48 of 94
latest reply

@ritasloft wrote:

Thanks for the update @shoptalkid!

Spot checking my listings yesterday I had listings showing 3 different banner placements:

1. One listing (the first I looked at) actually had the promo banner at both the top AND the bottom (naturally I was pretty excited when I saw that).
  2. Most my listings had the promo banner back at the bottom
  3. Some still had no promo banner whatsoever, either top or bottom

I didn't bother checking mobile apps yesterday since promo banners were still a disaster on eBay.com.

A cursory look at some listings today shows that most of them are showing the shipping promo at the bottom of the listing and in mobile. 

If you are inclined please feel free to PM me your selling account that has the promos back up top, I'd love to take a look later.

Glad to know that someone's banners are fixed, crossing-fingers this is being rolled-out to the rest of us.

I just checked my listings on my PC this am and today the Promotional Sale teaser has disappeared from the above the main listing picture, even though it had briefly returned yesterday morning!  The main promotional banner still shows below the description and the sale is still showing on the mobile app, but the latter could change at any time. 

tyler@eBay or tristan@ebay, what is going on?   

Message 49 of 94
latest reply

@mynewfindstore wrote:

My banners were showing up yesterday on the top of my listings but I noticed today that they were at the bottom again!  Guess what?  No sales so far today!  eBay....PLEASE fix this!  

Same here.  One day there are there, then gone the next, then back again, then gone again.   

Message 50 of 94
latest reply

The nice folks at EcommerceBytes.com just posted an update with some information provided to another seller aparently confirming my earlier suspicision that the roulette wheel of banner placement is at least somewhat influenced by the "worthiness" of the promo itself.

Again, no transparency and no proactive communication to sellers on these significant changes.

@dukeontario How do you think sellers regard eBay lack of transparent communication to buyers when you have to get the "real scoop" from marketplace blogs?

That's something every seller should think about.

"...I spent an hour on the phone with an eBay Rep here in the US who explained to me the Banner Placement is determined by an "Offer Score". She referenced an internal eBay email from March 19, 2018 - but couldn't tell me how to improve the score."

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/6/1527859807.html

Message 51 of 94
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

As I stated earlier, the banner at the top of my listings still seems to be visible only when I'm looking at my own listings on my pc. If using a different pc with the same software it does not show at the top, only the bottom! But the promotion is showing in search results on both. Promotions need to be visible at the top of the page, the bottom, and search results, consistently for anyone viewing if they're logged in or not. We're paying for a store, how is it that eBay can decide if our promotion is "good enough" to be seen or not? The randomness of this not working correctly is hurting sellers and buyers both. Does eBay care? Probably not.

Message 52 of 94
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another problem since sometime on the weekend! I have a promotion on all my listings which seemed to be showing up in search results and in my store page for all items. Now in the last couple days I listed new items and the promotion is showing only for those and gone for all the older ones! Also there's a My eBay page problem today, no Page Views visible since yesterday, among other random ongoing problems. The simple fact is eBay is always making too many changes to everything which isn't needed, and seem to be rolling it out without testing at all. And we're suppossed to roll with the changes and problems. It's quickly getting old...

Message 53 of 94
latest reply

My promotions banner is completely gone from the phone mobile browser and the ebay app. No one knows I have a sale promotion going on and with the phone being like 70% of sales, this is devistating! I have contacted ebay at least 10 times. It has been one month since this issue started and sales have steadily dropped. It is very frustrating when ebay won't take you seriously while my competition still have their promotional banners on the mobile platform as well as on top of the desktop browser. What is ebay trying to pull? Is this really a trial that has gone horribly wrong or is this done on purpose? Anyone else have this issue. If you are reading this ebay, please help! It's very frustrating to have customer service give me the run around 10 times this month. No one seems to know what to do. Anyone out there have a clue what the fix is?

Thanks,

D.T.

Message 54 of 94
latest reply

I have been doing a buy one get one and normally i would be selling much better. But my sales are the worst they have ever been.
Promotion doesn't show on many at all and the others are hidden at the bottom. Why are they doing this?
I have proof it is not better...the proof is when people do buy they are not getting a free item.because they have to add the free item to the cart. But they don't see the promotion so they are missing the free item.
Message 55 of 94
latest reply

My buy x get x free or buy x get 20% off promos have not shown since late April. But I am able to show a sale with reduced price such as 5% off and the original price is slashed.

Repeated contacts with ebay twitter and Customer Service via phone.  Nothing resolved thus far.

I am losing many sales. This is bad.

Message 56 of 94
latest reply

Having same issue. I'm confused - doesn't it behoove ebay to promote your sales by doing strike out pricing and also putting sales notices on search results and sale banners at top of listings? Don't THEY benefit if we get more sales?? I agree re: mobile app - there is absolutely NO indication on my listings that the customer will get a better sales price - no indication that there is even a sale running! This is very frustrating. I also spoke with customer service - very sweet,but no resolution  - said would pass along my concerns. 

Message 57 of 94
latest reply

Three days ago, the banners were at the top of the photos on the listings included in my promotion....as well as all last week.  Last week, SEVERAL people used the promotion.  Now, I am being "demoted" it seems....the banners are all at the bottom again.  So, guess what?  Nobody is using the promotion!  And sales suck this week!  Not sure what I can do to become "worthy" again.....  This business is the only job my daughter can have since she has health problems so we really depend on the income but it's falling, falling, falling....despite putting free returns on the majority of our listings!  What else can we do????

Message 58 of 94
latest reply

trinton@ebay Can someone look at my store and tell me how we can become "worthy" of better banner placement?  Noticed that anchor stores seem to have all the banners at the top of their listings.  I can provide an example if necessary!  We really need more sales and this used to help A LOT!  Thanks for any info or help you can provide!

Message 59 of 94
latest reply

i'm so sick and tired of ebay playing these games with sellers.
Message 60 of 94
latest reply