cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

I've had 5 Sales going on for quite awhile, all ending on same date/time, and I always follow the same procedure when they end: I 'Copy' each ended sale so I don't have to select the items again, set the start/end times and Launch.

Did that this morn with all 5 as per usual, but when they became Active, each showed Zero for the # of Items in the sale. I clicked on the Zero and below is an example of what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

These "Skipped" Items were selected to be in the sale! All 5 Sales are showing ALL my selections as "Skipped!" This has never happened before and I've been launching these sales for at least 6 months. Further, there's no way that I know of to delete these faulty sales. Perhaps @Anonymous can shed some light on this new problem/error.

Message 1 of 271
latest reply
270 REPLIES 270

Re: PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

OK, I will try it out on one catagory and see how it work, thanks, can't hurt sales anymore than they already are. 

Message 151 of 271
latest reply

I was told today (07/02/18) by eBay support that there are three 14-day requirements now as follows...

1). Item must be listed for 14 or more days, AND...

2). Item has had no change in price for 14 or more days, AND...

3). Item was not on sale for 14 or more days.

I normally run a 2~5 day sale every 7 or 10-days. These new "rules" eliminate ALL of my 79 items from be put back on sale for 2-weeks!

I normally have at LEAST two or three sales every weekend, this past weekend I had no sales. I'm likely quitting eBay, this is just the last straw.

GTFBS

GTFBS
Message 152 of 271
latest reply

@bluechipvideogames wrote:

This just in.  If you use the "Order discount", located in "Create A Promotion".  The percentage is now showing at the top of the page, instead  of the bottom. There is no 14 day limit to this.

I just offered 10% off ,July 4th sale. It's now back to the bottom of the page. **bleep** Ebay?

Message 153 of 271
latest reply

Not correct, I have had items listed for 2 or more years and it's also showing "0" and "SKIPPED"

IT is working on the solution and was told to leave it as it is and soon the problem is fix, the markdown will take place.  But, it's been a week now and Promotion is still NOT happening.

Message 154 of 271
latest reply

This new policy has literally killed my pricing /markdown structure I have been using for YEARS on ebay!

It is going to KILL my sales. THIS NEED TO BE CHANGED NOW! ASAP! I change my sales every week on monday. I use this way to markdown the oldest inventory. 

Is it just me or do we get screwed every update and have more autonomy taken to only get charged more and more!

I called ebay customer service and the other person is correct. And item can only go on promo or sale every 14 days. So you placed something on sale for half off it can not be marked down again until it has been back to the regular price for 14 days. 

Of course you can still go in and manually change your prices, but we all know buyers love to see that slack with the percentage off. Ebay is DUMB if they dont know this!

Message 155 of 271
latest reply

Totally in on sueing their **bleep**  over lost sales. They take too much control. 

Message 156 of 271
latest reply

This seller was able to make a banner about the Order Discount at the top and bottom.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252342590681

How did he do this ???

Message 157 of 271
latest reply

I have been on eBay as a seller for almost 20 years.

I have sold as much as $84,000 in one single month.

I regularly sell around $30,000, but that number has decline, so $15,000 per month is typical.

At least until recently...

Over the last 5 years or so, whenever I got an email from eBay about

"Brand New Seller Policies This Spring To Help You Increase Sales!"

I would break out in a sweat, because every single time,

the "Sparkling New Seller Policies" did absolutely NOTHING

to help my sales.

They only hurt.

No More Text In Images!

No More Watermarks!

No More Active Java Script Whatevers!

No More HTTP!

No More Top Rated Seller Status (if your items don't arrive when EBAY says they should)

Just say YES to 6 Month Holiday Returns!

Just say YES to Automatic Returns for No Reason!

How about RANDOM BAD PRODUCT REVIEWS on MY listings from customers who didn't even BUY FROM ME, but instead bought cheap CLONES from the competition?

I could go on and on...

And don't even get me started on the plethora of glitches on eBay's website.

I am painfully aware of all of them!

So last year, I decided to take the plunge.

I decided eBay was no longer a reliable platform to sell on.

I have gotten absolutely disgusted

with the dictatorial policies they dream up during alcohol fueled After Hours Parties,

seemingly oblivious to the psychology of what makes a buyer buy.

So last year,

I spent $2000 (plus another $500 or so in extras) to have some foreign Indians in India

build me an independent web site (my own .com) to sell my product.

I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not, because sales were slow at first.

However, after about 5 months I recouped the entire $2500 back in FEES that I did not have to pay eBay for at the end of each month of sales.

I am so glad I took the big plunge.

Last week, after eBay disallowed sales of my eBay items,

for the first time ever, sales on my .com have outpaced my eBay sales dramatically.

For example:

Today I sold 1 item on eBay (at full retail price of course), but then the buyer asked to cancel, because he found the better deal, MARKED DOWN 20%

(on my other site of course, which I will not mention here).

My independent web site has 4 sales so far today, totaling around $300, and it's not even 9am yet.

Bye bye eBay.

I will keep all my items posted on eBay anyway as long as I get the occasional retail price sale.

It was fun while it lasted!

-Your long lost loyal seller

P.S. I am fairly certain eBay will remove this post. They tend to remove anything which HELPS the average seller. And they do it as fast as a psycho cutting his own throat with a razor blade.

Message 158 of 271
latest reply

@alexer1 wrote:

This seller was able to make a banner about the Order Discount at the top and bottom.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252342590681

How did he do this ???

I would also like to know. I had it far my last discount . But I cant get it to work for current discount. It only shows at the bottom of the page, witch is no good.

Message 159 of 271
latest reply

reschastor-

With all due respect,

If you have been on eBay only a year (watching, or whatever),

you have absolutely no clue what you, or we, are talking about.

If only sales could equal eBay experience,

here are my sales numbers for a random month:

eBay sales.jpg

What's in your wallet?

You are the only commenter in this entire chat thread who is applauding eBay

for this most recent blunder.

At a cinema,

with a huge audience,

and during a somber scene,

you bust up laughing for no reason,

and everyone else kind of stares at you for a moment,

wondering what was so funny...

Message 160 of 271
latest reply

THAT's totally BULL**bleep**, change it back and take away the fees for July.
Message 161 of 271
latest reply

Yes, I see it is ONLY on the bottom.   I just shut off the sale, it does NO good and may make us wait even longer to put on the normal markdown sale if it counts against the 14 days, I not sure about that if anybody knows.    

Message 162 of 271
latest reply

Insane Idea.  I am a shareholder since 1998 and this idea makes me disgusted.  I will request to see sales volume this quarter in meeting.   Who ever thought this up should be fired and I will ask to do so if Ebay profits are down.    This is just plain insane.

Owning EbAY stock has not made me much money compared to Amazon.   Go figure.

Message 163 of 271
latest reply

That doesnt make sense because we have hundreds of items that have been listed and we cant put them on sale. Its just not working correctly, but our competitor friend can put stuff on sale and when it ends, put them right back on sale. This is not right.

Message 164 of 271
latest reply

Yes. Ebay's profits will go down big. I will travel to San Francisco for the next upcoming shareholder meeting and demand answers if Ebay's quarterly profits are down.

Most likely they will revert this horrible mistake . remember..EBAY is a public company and I own shares and have always continued to buy more. But now......I regret this decision
Message 165 of 271
latest reply