cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

I've had 5 Sales going on for quite awhile, all ending on same date/time, and I always follow the same procedure when they end: I 'Copy' each ended sale so I don't have to select the items again, set the start/end times and Launch.

Did that this morn with all 5 as per usual, but when they became Active, each showed Zero for the # of Items in the sale. I clicked on the Zero and below is an example of what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

These "Skipped" Items were selected to be in the sale! All 5 Sales are showing ALL my selections as "Skipped!" This has never happened before and I've been launching these sales for at least 6 months. Further, there's no way that I know of to delete these faulty sales. Perhaps @Anonymous can shed some light on this new problem/error.

Message 1 of 271
latest reply
270 REPLIES 270

It is NOT a glitch, it was done on purpose by Ebay.  It is a new rule,  you can't have any items on sale if they were in a previous sale within last 14 days.  You have to wait 14 days to start a new sale.   Also, you can't change any prices or have to wait 14 days from price change or when you list a new item.   There is nothing you can do except go through and change prices on items/relist or put items at auction with buy it nows at your similar sale prices, which will cost more fees.   

Message 166 of 271
latest reply

We've been running 15+ Sales For Months. Some of the deep SKU items have been on ebay at the original price for YEARS. 

None of the promotions are working. It's very frustrating.

Everything is Skipped. Skipped. Skipped.

Double U Tee F

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 4.49.35 PM.jpg

Message 167 of 271
latest reply

Haha, so dam funny and absolutely true!

Message 168 of 271
latest reply

@michaeltaylorstores

"None of the promotions are working. It's very frustrating.

Everything is Skipped. Skipped. Skipped."

Promos are "working," Dear, but according to eBay's new rules. Apparently, we were notified of this change in the new updates, but many of us missed that jewel. Now when a Sale ends, it can't be re-started until 14 days have passed. Also can't place a New listing on sale till it's been active for at least 14 days. If you browse through some of the posts, you'll find that eBay is punishing the whole for the sins of the few by implementing this new 14-Fricking-Days-of-Hell  Policy.

Message 169 of 271
latest reply

This is what you get when a professional new's agency guy steps in as CEO of an e-commerce company.   I'm just waiting for this whole thing to erupt into violence.

Message 171 of 271
latest reply

I did read the article, but they left something out. Shouldn't  it read:

"The cuts come as Chief Executive Officer Devin Wenig works to revive the 23-year-old e-commerce pioneer’s fortunes by diversifying the customer base and rebranding the platform as a place for people to discover new products, and by crippling sale pricing so that customers have to buy at full retail price 14 days out of the month..."

Message 172 of 271
latest reply

Amazon is going to start their huge promotion on the 16th of July and We cannot compete with this as our sales are not working for many of us. So Sad Ebay has hurt our small lbusinesses this way. July is typically a huge month for us but it is now starting out as a big 0. 

Message 173 of 271
latest reply

@alexer1 wrote:

This seller was able to make a banner about the Order Discount at the top and bottom.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252342590681

How did he do this ???

This is a guess...........  When they had the discussion with Bob Kupbens, he mentioned that the banners would be on "top" for Good discounts......   Said that buyers left when they saw something like $1 off if you buy 3, when the price of the items was $500 each.......  that that kind of "sale" wasn't really a sale.  I've seen people complain that the banner doesn't show on top with 10% off...... but this seller has it at 20% off, so I'm guessing the top banner has a requirement to show at the top of between 10-20%.....

If anyone can confirm/disprove that......I'd be grateful.......

Message 174 of 271
latest reply

If anyone can confirm/disprove that......I'd be grateful.......

I did 30% for the experiment. But my banner is below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202273580621

Here is another seller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/141916397741

Is this a selective policy of punishment ???

Message 175 of 271
latest reply

@alexer1

Thanks for the reply......lol, so much for that theory.....both of you have a considerable # of items in the offer so it's not based on that either.......back to the drawing board.

Message 176 of 271
latest reply

There really needs to be a way to do permanent markdowns on eBay.  Markdown/promotions manager has always been the only workaround to do this (say, do 20% for 30 days, then resubmit for 30% for 30 days, and so forth until inventory is sold), but now I don't know what I'm going to do.

In seasonal and fast moving segments like clothing/apparel, it is essential to be able to list at a desired price and then steadily markdown aging items and styles to move them out and make way for new inventory.  All other clothing retail stores and most websites have permanent markdowns/clearance that continue decreasing in price until the items are sold.

I understand using this feature for temporary and flash sales, but one thing eBay has always been missing is a way to do permanent markdowns, create a clearance section, etc.

No one is going to shop at a mall clothing store if the clearance section goes back to full price for 14 days then back on clearance.  That is more misleading (and counterproductive) than the problems you are trying to solve.

Message 177 of 271
latest reply

@dbq300m

"No one is going to shop at a mall clothing store if the clearance section goes back to full price for 14 days then back on clearance.  That is more misleading (and counterproductive) than the problems you are trying to solve."

You hit the nail on the head!!!

Message 178 of 271
latest reply

I thought the waiting period did not apply to items that were Listed or relisted for less than 30 days (e.g. 10 day Listings).  I relisted several items this morning and changed them from 30 day to 10 day so I could put them on sale and it does not work either.  I sell open box items and my regular price is slightly below ebay and online new pricing, then I run sales at about 15% off as they are open box and people tend to not pay full price for open box items.

So does this mean that these less than 30 day sales (e.g. listed for 10 days) can never be put on sale????  I was led to believe the 14 day waiting period simply was "not applicable" to fixed price listings less than 30 days (e.g. 1, 3, 5, 10 day Listings).  

Please someone advise on this new rule and how it applies to 10 day Listings.

Message 179 of 271
latest reply

That's funny, my day started with 2 orders and 2 cancels almost immediately after.
Message 180 of 271
latest reply