cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

I've had 5 Sales going on for quite awhile, all ending on same date/time, and I always follow the same procedure when they end: I 'Copy' each ended sale so I don't have to select the items again, set the start/end times and Launch.

Did that this morn with all 5 as per usual, but when they became Active, each showed Zero for the # of Items in the sale. I clicked on the Zero and below is an example of what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

These "Skipped" Items were selected to be in the sale! All 5 Sales are showing ALL my selections as "Skipped!" This has never happened before and I've been launching these sales for at least 6 months. Further, there's no way that I know of to delete these faulty sales. Perhaps @Anonymous can shed some light on this new problem/error.

Message 1 of 271
latest reply
270 REPLIES 270

Re: PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

trinton@ebay

It is doing this to me too.  I understand the 14 day thing, most of my items are  not new.

Only 5 things on sale.  CS said a glitch.

Message 16 of 271
latest reply

i found this thread while on hold to whine that my promotion markdown didnt work last night.  the rep just hung up on me.  great customer service.  it looks like i am out of luck because i did a markdown to coincide with the last ebay bucks promo.  i wont do that again.  i cant do a end of month sale, which i always do.  this bites!  why dont we all just drop our regular prices down to $2 with free ship and free returns?  that should make the pointy heads happy.

snow dogs that have owned me

SheRa ‘Barbarian Queen’ Sept 16, 1995 - Nov 17, 2006
Thor ‘God of Thunder’ Nov 17, 2006 – Nov 26, 2007
Mishka ‘Little Bear’ March 26, 2007 – Oct 22, 2016
Conan ‘Wolf’ Nov 14, 2007
Message 17 of 271
latest reply

@felixjoeyfjr1

"I understand the 14 day thing, most of my items are  not new"

Are they referring to brand new listings having to wait 14 days before going on sale? 98% of the items in my sales have been on for months so that wouldn't apply here as a reason for being 'skipped' in the current sales I got rolling this morn...yeah 5 sales with zero items showing, nice.

This is confusing and I hope @Anonymous will reply soon to the response I sent him wherein I asked for clarification concerning this 14 day business.

Message 18 of 271
latest reply

I got disconnected from the rep as she was trying to help me.  She said she talked to someone previously, and could not find her ticket.  So I wasted a lot of time for her to look.

I don't think she really knew either what the score was.  I thought the 14 day thing was for new listings.  I had everything on sale while on vacation.  If I have to wait 14 days to do another sale, that's crazy and makes no sense.

Message 19 of 271
latest reply

eBay... Clearly you need to revert back to the "old promotions manager." Are you hearing the comments on this board? Theses sellers fund your company.

Message 20 of 271
latest reply

same issue sales showing zero. Insane!

Message 21 of 271
latest reply

The reason the new 14 day sale rule will be ineffective is this:

Hardly any sellers will be placing their items for more than 20% off now and when buyers are looking for items to buy, they will never see items that are over 20% off. Right now they are seeing 50% off or 60% off, this encourages them to buy. But when 10% off or 20% off is the best they see, they will simply buy less.

An item should be able to be placed on sale at any time for as much as the seller wants.
Message 22 of 271
latest reply

We just concluded, "never have a sale again," is the solution most conducive to our physical and mental health.
Let eBay run their business, if they can. We will run ours without the hassle eBay is trying to impose in this latest scheme to destroy our livelyhood.
Message 23 of 271
latest reply

@4684robert

"We just concluded, "never have a sale again," is the solution most conducive to our physical and mental health."

I've reached that point as well and need to revise my pricing before my Watchers drop off.  This eBay move is so utterly senseless and destructive. I have to laugh now when I see the header at the top of the Promo Mgr page:

"Promotions Manager provides eBay Store subscribers with an easy (completely frustrating) way to set up special offers on eBay (occasionally). Promotions (when allowed to use it at eBay's discretion) can help you attract more buyers (or drive them away cuz sale is off for 14 days), clear old stock, increase average order size, and even lower shipping costs by bundling more items per order."  And it goes without saying that we reserve the right to screwup this feature also.

Message 24 of 271
latest reply

Of course thats accurate didnt you know that eBay is making every attempt to fix things that arent broken?! eBay decides to make random changes for no apparent reason. This after I watched a webinar were they said "promoted items will do better if they are on sale" lol well gee now you're actually contradicting yourselves! All you can do is shake your head and try and find a better place to sell your items that actually helps you and doesnt impede you at every turn.

Message 25 of 271
latest reply

I really don't have time to comment.  eBay wants me to take a short survey to tell them how well they have done.dizzy_face

Message 26 of 271
latest reply

To me it looks like eBay wants us to go in and offer prices competitve among the sellers. eBay saw a pattern that sellers were marking up their prices for the purposes of marking them down as a pricing strategy. Welp. eBay is tellilng us we have to get back to work. Price things to move. Not use and abuse the promo strategy.

Message 27 of 271
latest reply

Dude I end my sales every 24 hours. Total sales down 80% while we work out a solution.

Message 28 of 271
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
@bauble-babes wrote:

@Anonymous

"Hi @bauble-babes, I believe that the issue you are running into is related to the length of time your items have been listed. We have recently made a change that requires the items be listed for 14 days at the same price before a seller can use Markdown Manager to reduce the price. "

Thanks Trinton for responding. Let me see if I'm clear on this...If my sale ends, then I cannot re-start that same sale until 14 days have passed. Is that accurate?

Hi @bauble-babes, happy to elaborate on this one; if you have a newly listed item it does not qualify for an event through Promotions Manager until it has been listed at the same price for 14 days. You can find more details in our FAQ on this topic. 

For items that have been listed at the same price for 14 days and have already been a part of a sale, when one sale has ended and the items are still active, you are able to put them into another sale after a minimum of 1 day has passed. 

If you have ended your listings and created new ones and are attempting to put these into a sale, you would need to wait for 14 days before reducing the price. Relists, seller similar and new listings are all subject to this waiting period. To clarify, a Good 'Til Cancelled listing would not be subject to the 14 day waiting period, but would be subject to the same minimum of one day required between sales.

Message 29 of 271
latest reply

trinton@ebay

If what you're saying is items that were on a previous sale can be put back on sale after 1 day is true, than there is a problem.

On my other account my sale was over yesterday morning.  I just tried to put things on sale again.  Same problem.  Nothing on sale.  Reason:  Skipped Price.  I want to have things on sale for the 4th.

Plus most everything should be on sale by now on this account if this 1 day thing is the new rule.  Only 10 things.  Up from 5, so a start, but those other 5 were yesterday.

What gives?  

Message 30 of 271
latest reply