cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot View Completed - Sold Auctions

Since May 30 or so, I have not been able to see the original auction listing of a number of sold auctions. Instead there is a blue banner at the top of the page stating that the listing has ended and offering an entirely different active auction in its place below.

If this is a tentative rollout leading  to the eventual elimination of completed listings, I want to voice my disapproval of this change. I find these completed-sold listings very informative and valuable.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SEE COMPLETED - SOLD AUCTIONS.

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Re: Cannot View Completed - Sold Auctions

exactly. i jumped the gun and started a new discussion about this. i've had a number of links that don't work. this is in the women's clothing category. My closed auctions and watched auction links take me someplace different. I hope they fix this one. Potential problems. 

Message 31 of 71
latest reply

This is far from solved! I think everyone needs to start complaining every day. Call ebay every hour until they fix this!
Message 32 of 71
latest reply

Ebay has strayed far away from their successful beginnings and this comes from someone who has made their living on eBay since 2001.   Taking away an important tool for the average seller by not allowing us to research completed and sold listings over the past 3 months or so is just another slap in the face to the every day ,  non mass seller or drop shipper.  Speaking of drop shippers, I do remover a time where you had to post a photo of the actual item you were selling. In other words you needed to have that item in your possession to sell it. Those days are long gone.      I suspect, just a guess on my part,  that ebay is figuring out a way to charge people for researching completed listings and this is the first step. Like let’s sneak this in and nobody will notice. Well lots of us have noticed and we are not happy!    Don’t you love how ebay comes up with a totally unrelated item and says “ we found this for you” or something like that. It’s pretty much a insult rather than help.  Also gotta love the piles of other ads in your ad that you pay dearly for in the form of the final value fee when your item finally sells...... I could go on and on.....

Message 33 of 71
latest reply

Thank You!!

Message 34 of 71
latest reply

I have the same problem.  They don't bother to explain.  Their support line is jammed.  They SUCK.

Message 35 of 71
latest reply

I have no record in ebay, but Paypal shows the transactions.  I want to relist the product, but all the layout and photos have disappeared.  ebay is an amateur job.  I'll avoid them.  ANYONE SUGGEST AN ALTERNATIVE?

Message 36 of 71
latest reply

hoW DDOES THIS HELP THE SELLER

Message 37 of 71
latest reply

I totally agree - sold listings based on condition and price dictate what the average going price is, based on condition. It is a guide for newcomers to the bay and longtime members for the fair price listing of items, You can go off the bay  do a google search and many of those sold items will come up still, so give it atry. Hopefully ebay will reinstate the sold listing viewing.\Regards

Message 38 of 71
latest reply

Thanks for the work around!
Message 39 of 71
latest reply

My AVG anti-virus program is picking up a trojan virus called JS:Redirect-BKG .... and it kicks me out of signing in.  I can work around that and get in but the problem is I still get redirected on most "sold" listings. I've jsut started using the "listing" work around and it's working for now.  Is anyone else seeing this kind of message from anti-virus programs .... and/or reported it?   I have included a screenshot of the AVG warning. 

Message 40 of 71
latest reply

Thanks for the tip . I was getting very annoyed with not being able to research compled listings

Message 41 of 71
latest reply

There is a double whammy for sellers and buyers in this change. The redirection routine does not check to see if the original item has been relisted. That's just plain dumb.

Message 42 of 71
latest reply

eBay is manipulating and fooling around with the site way too much . They are making it extremely difficult to get to sold/ completed items from a mobile device . Why they think this is smart or an improvement is a joke . Especially since so many users are on mobile devices . They are either trying to find a way to charge fur the access or just plain stupid . Not quite sure . 

Message 43 of 71
latest reply

I use it to set prices on my own items. SearchING completed auctions is gone, this sucks
Message 44 of 71
latest reply

I use the completed all the time to see if I have all the pieces for items.  This is AWFUL!!  I can not research what I need to for listing my items.

Message 45 of 71
latest reply