cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay with PayPal today

First time ever I can't pay with PayPal. Just continues with the searching circle on screen

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: Can't pay with PayPal today

i cannot use paypal or credit card linked to paypal either, been using it for years and im in great standing with ebay, so they say......i spend $1000 plus a month, and now problems.....last time something like this happened i lost my account with great standing... didnt use ebay for a year....i think i should stop using altogether, for as  much as i spend i feel i get nothing but abuse from them for no reason.  paypal works elsewhere, card works elsewhere.... then just stops working......

Message 31 of 65
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sparkyreynolds408 wrote:

i cannot use paypal or credit card linked to paypal either, been using it for years and im in great standing with ebay, so they say......i spend $1000 plus a month, and now problems.....last time something like this happened i lost my account with great standing... didnt use ebay for a year....i think i should stop using altogether, for as  much as i spend i feel i get nothing but abuse from them for no reason.  paypal works elsewhere, card works elsewhere.... then just stops working......

Hi @sparkyreynolds408, have you double checked the card information in PayPal to ensure your card number, expiration date, and billing address are all up to date? Can you tell me what error message you are running into?

Message 32 of 65
latest reply

Please add me to the list. I also haven't been able to pay via PayPal for several days. Checked my card info and reverified it on PayPal, no result. Then I deleted my PayPal link to create a new one, but then it simply refused to link PayPal again (the field is inactive).

Message 33 of 65
latest reply

Please add me to the list of those with problems checking out with paypal OR my paypal linked cc. I know there are no problems with the credit card - called the bank and they didn't even see any attempted uses of the card on ebay, and I having been trying multiple times over the past 24 hour to purchase an item. Cleared cache/cookies, tried different browsers on my laptop (macbook), mobile app (iphone), different phone browsers requesting desktop site...I even tried creating a new paypal account with a different email for the same card and linking that at checkout...NOTHING! I've also checked that all my account and cc information is up-to-date on the paypal site, so that is not the issue.

This started on June 27th and the SAME card had been working perfectly for multiple purchases a few days and weeks before. For me, neither paypal nor using my cc directly worked. The error message was always "Your payment didn't go through. Please select a different payment option and try again."

I am beyond frustrated at this point. I may very well quit using ebay ever again - I am now afraid to bid on anything for fear the same thing happens again. I've been using ebay for almost 20 years, and you may have now lost me for life due to this problem!

Message 34 of 65
latest reply

@praxis22 

Are you having a problem with one seller, or multiple sellers? If one, is the seller new to selling? It is possible that the seller has not set up their selling account to accept payments correctly. Are you sure that the seller ships to Canada?

If possible, try purchasing from another seller.

Are you trying to make your purchase on ebay.com, or ebay.ca? Have you tried using the eBay app?

Message 35 of 65
latest reply

As a seller I have been complaining to ebay about this issue since the beginning of Feb. Please call them, today is July 1st and it's worse today then any other day I have seen it this far. 

Message 36 of 65
latest reply

same here

been trying all morning to pay using my usual default paypal payment but it either fails (ooops something went wrong) or it makes me try to pay by credit card

- cant click on paypal option - just wont let me  😞

ebay tried to help but nothing worked so she submitted a report

and as for paypal it is impossible to contact atm .. chat times out and after 10 minutes they disconnect the call

Message 37 of 65
latest reply

I pay with my credit card almost all of my eBay products. I used therefor the credit card interface which handles credit card payments via PayPal. That worked fine. Until appr. 8 weeks ago. Since then I cant use my card for payment. Anytime I get the message:

Sorry, we can't process your payment. Here are your options:

Use a different credit or debit card.
Pay with a PayPal account.
Pay with a different payment method.

I used different eBay sites (ebay.com, ebay.de, ebay.co.uk, ebay.ca, ebay.ie, etc. ). I used different browsers and even deleted all my settings (not just cookies) and uninstalled any third party extensions. But nothing worked. I also reached once PayPal support (that isnt easy, when you dont have an PayPal account, but there is one well hidden link on the whole website which allows that). I tried to pay for an item once again during the support chat and they told me that there isnt any problem with that transfer on PayPals side (no payment risk how they called it). But at eBays website I got the usual "Sorry, we can't process your payment. ".

So whats wrong with your API to PayPal?? This problem exists since the beginning of 2020 (I presume you are familiar with the threads handling thos payment problems at the eBay community). And you still havent fixed this API problem? BTW I contacted your support appr. 5 times about that bug. And there wasnt one helpful assistant or one that was at least competent enough. eBays support is by far the worst support I had to do with during the last few years. And BTW My credit card works fine. I use it almost daily without any problem at all.

So .... how to solve that problem and how Im able again to pay for my bought products? And .... what are you hiding from your customers? We all already know that you have major API problems. Simply announce that and offer some alternative so that we still be able to give you money 🙂 . But the desastrous way you handle that bug only lead customers to leave your platform. Just my 2 cents. Hope you could send me some way to solve that problem soon.

Message 38 of 65
latest reply

@journeymanproject 

One thought: have you tried setting up a PayPal account, assuming that is possible in Austria?

PayPal may allow a certain amount of transactions as a guest (by number or total amount, not entirely certain), and once a limit is reached, further transactions may not work unless an account is set up.

Not sure if that is the issue you are running into here, but it might be worth trying to see if you are able to set up a PayPal account and pay that way.

Message 39 of 65
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

Thanks for your help. PayPal support also suggested that to me 2 times during the support chat 🙂 . And I told them twice: No, you are too unreliable.

- PayPal business is more and more dominated by agenda. The case where they banned a muslime researcher, simply shocked me. The reason was that he did studies on extremism at arabic countries.

- PayPal treat sellers like trash (I never sold anything on eBay. But I hate unfair treatment). Ive read many times about sellers whom PayPal account were blocked for many, many months beside that they even already gave them all the documents they wanted (without any warning first). So the motivation simply is to get the interest from the money on this accounts.

- And finally (and most important): PayPal isnt even able to solve that problem. Why should I grant them unlimited access to my credit card when they arent even able to solve such a minor problem? And ... as I told .... I presume that the source of the problem lies within the faulty API eBay uses. But PayPal didnt gave any technical support at all.

So there is no reason at all to trust my money to such an unreliable company. But thanks again for your suggestion. And BTW The credit card option is offered at eBay. So it should work.

Edit: I also thought about some limit for the guest interface. You are absolutely correct. But the PayPal support never mentioned anything like that (also asked them about that, cause at the beginning of the credit card guest interface there was some limit in transactions).

Message 40 of 65
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

Thanks for your information. I also thought about some limits for the credit card guest interface. There was some at the beginning of this service. During my support chat with PayPal I asked them if there is any limit connected with my payments and they denied that. So that cant be the problem.

About PayPal:

- PayPal is more and more focused on agenda. One such case, the banning of a muslime researcher, simply shocked me. The reason was that he did studies for his university about extremism in the near east.

- PayPal treats sellers like trash (BTW Never sold anything on eBay). Read many times about sellers whom PayPal accounts were blocked for many months beside that they already sent PayPal all the documents they requested (without any warning at all). The motivation for this is obvious: They got the interest for the money on thos blocked accounts.

- Finally (and most important): PayPal werent able to help me at all during that support chat. They werent able to locate the source of the problem. I still presume that the problem lies within the faulty payment API at eBay, but PayPal never give me any technical support which I could use with eBay "support" (almost never had to contact such horrible support as eBays "support"). So if they arent even able to help me in such a case .... what will happen if I give such an unreliable company unlimited access to my credit card?

Thats the reasons why I always answered during the support chat with PayPal, that they are too unreliable (they asked me your question two times 🙂 ) and I dont want an account there.

Message 41 of 65
latest reply

As a pretty good sizes seller I have been complaining about customers not being able to pay my since Feb 10th of 2020. Ebay will give no answers and all I hear is they are working on it and I have called in to them so many times since Feb. Now there are other issues that are dragging us sellers down even more when it comes to our (promoted) listings showing up on ebay. I feel like they are trying to put them or us sellers out of business being I do not understand how such HUGE problems can go on for so long.

Message 42 of 65
latest reply

Absolutely. I never ever experienced such a horrible mess as todays eBay. They dont contorl anything within their business. If this problem really is PayPals fault (cause they dont like that some competition is handling now the huge money transfers connected with eBay auctions) .... why not simply tell that officially and offer some temporary alternative.

So I presume its eBays fault and that they arent able anymore to handle anything correctly. Seems like eBay grow too large too fast.

But whomever fault this payment desaster is .... it damages eBay and eBay sellers.
Message 43 of 65
latest reply

Hi,

Please add me to the list of people affected by this. I haven't been able to use paypal for weeks now with ebay. Only works on phone for me. Desktop doesn't work with any browsers, deleted history cookies etc and disabled add blockers. Still no joy and getting tired of this. It must be putting off my customers too which is worrying.

Many thanks

Message 44 of 65
latest reply

A glitch in here as well. Replied to this and kept receiving an error about an invalid HTML found in the message but there was none. It finally went through then abruptly disappeared.

I have had the same problem on eBay ca since early this morning. Something went wrong. Please try check out again. Cleared cache and cookies. Tried alternate browsers. Tried three different devices, two laptops and a desktop. Then spent some time with an eBay assistant. No joy. Contacted PayPal around noon, it is now 10:00pm, still no reply. Time for a drink or two. Onward through the fog ->

Message 45 of 65
latest reply