cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay with PayPal today

First time ever I can't pay with PayPal. Just continues with the searching circle on screen

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

I tried using a different browser (Firefox since Chrome wasn't working) and didn't even get as far as I could with Chrome (my issued outlined in the post above this one):  "Sorry, we can't complete your checkout at this time. Please try changing your item quantity or check your account status."

All I did was log on using Firefox and clicked on the shopping cart when I got that message. What the heck does change my item quantity mean?!? There is no quantity to change and I doubt something is amiss with my account status.

Also, what I find odd is in Chrome it wouldn't even allow me to pay with a different method. Everything, including Paypal credit, was grayed out. My only option was to pay via Paypal, which as we know, isn't working for some of us out of the blue.

I wonder how badly this is going to dent their bottom line and stock price? This is really not good for anyone (buyers, sellers, management, shareholders). I wonder what the underlying issue is? Could it have anything to do with the upcoming changes where ebay is moving away from Paypal and going instead to Adyen (which I've never heard of)?  

I just want to pay and to buy other items.  *cries*

Message 61 of 65
latest reply

@dreambiglovelife 

All I did was log on using Firefox and clicked on the shopping cart when I got that message. What the heck does change my item quantity mean?!? There is no quantity to change and I doubt something is amiss with my account status.

Are you able to complete payment in Firefox through your Purchase History or the individual item page rather than using your cart? That error might be an indication that you are attempting to re-purchase an item that you have already committed to purchasing or is otherwise sold out.

The fact that the seller has apparently never completed a sale before might be an indication that the problem is on the seller's end. The seller may not have set up the account properly to receive your payment.

Message 62 of 65
latest reply

I want to apologize for wrong info in my post above about the error message when using Firefox. I hadn't realized that the seller apparently cancelled my order with the reason "Buyer asked to cancel", because, well.. I hadn't asked to cancel. 😮  I figured that out when I went to my purchase history and didn't see the item there which I thought was odd.. Scrolled down and saw it in the cancelled section. *lets out a pent up breath*

Well, I don't have to deal with trying to pay for this item, but I'm now hesitant to purchase anything else from ebay. This was not a good experience. I've been buying & selling on ebay for getting near 2 decades so it's not because I'm new to ebay. I checked Paypal and there are no issues over there that needed my attention so it's doesn't appear to be them. I really wish they'd fix the problem so I can go back to purchasing from them. ☹️

Message 63 of 65
latest reply

I now have an answer to why I was unable to pay via Paypal so thought I'd pass that along to potentially help others. It really shouldn't have taken 3 calls and 3 different reps to finally know the answer.

It was because the Seller was brand new (I knew I was his first sale, he had only made a few purchases for his feedback) and hadn't set up Paypal "properly" according to rep #3. That was why it was preventing me to pay him. Honestly? If the system simply said that he and I would have both known what the issue, and solution, was. But instead it tells me "Your order is in!" and gives me an order #. I only knew something was wrong when my shopping cart wouldn't empty and it was still showing unpaid in history.

Message 64 of 65
latest reply

notmee54
Pathfinder

Can't pay with paypal today ebay android mobile app.

PayPal button is there but it stays grey and does not work on phone app, works fine when using my desktop pc.

Message 65 of 65
latest reply