cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay with PayPal today

First time ever I can't pay with PayPal. Just continues with the searching circle on screen

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

An update.

Received a reply from PayPal this morning. Caught in a loop.

[Thank you for using PayPal Messaging! My name is Daniel, Ill do my best to assist you today.

Hi dusty_attic, I see your concern in regards to the purchase you are trying to make, we are not detecting any form of any payment attempts being made on our end therefore we are unable to verify the issue, the change on the address has minimal to no impact to the transaction you have attempt should it affect the transaction it will only ask you to confirm your identity. In this case, I suggest that you try to reach out to eBay once more as we cannot identify any issue on our end. No purchase attempts are being relayed to us.

Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can.]

I received a Checkout Incomplete email from eBay last night requesting I complete my purchase for the original item I tried to buy.

I tried purchasing a few items with the same result. These were listings that only have the Buy It Now option. It goes directly to the error. For a test I tried a few items that had the Add to Cart option and it will bring me to the shopping cart. Did not try to complete the purchase as I did not want these items. I wonder if this is happening to listings that do not have the Add to Cart option. Where to now?

Message 46 of 65
latest reply

PayPal is not an option for payments now. When I went to add payment methods can not enable Paypal. Have used Paypal for years and now does not work. 

Message 47 of 65
latest reply

I am having the same problem intermittently.  Some days I can use PayPal.  Some days I cannot.

Message 48 of 65
latest reply

It's been happening to me for the past week or so. Automatic seller fees get returned and I can't make a one off payment using paypal. Also, I can't buy DHL postage for sold items through ebay. A bad case of Gremlins.

Message 49 of 65
latest reply

op60467
Adventurer

Having the problem today, no problem yesterday.

Message 50 of 65
latest reply

Update to my above post - I was finally able to purchase the item from the same seller by going to ebay.com instead of ebay.ca.  The ebay.ca only had the 'Buy It Now' option and did not have the 'Add to cart' option although the ebay.com listing had both.

Message 51 of 65
latest reply

ha...won't allow an edit, keeps asking to correct the highlighted areas...ebay.ca and ebay.com

meant to add - Once the item was added to the cart the purchase went through with no problem.

Message 52 of 65
latest reply

This is the only thing that helped me. The circle was running for literally an hour and after I  disabled any running extension and reloaded it worked within 10 seconds. 

Message 53 of 65
latest reply

Will not sell on eBay again due to paypal

Message 54 of 65
latest reply

Hi, I have been having a problem checking out using my Paypal account. I am not a dropshipper. I purchase gift items daily on eBay to send to my customers. I can use it to buy multiple times then it will just stop working asking me to choose another payment method then it will work again after a couple of hours then it will stop working again after certain number of transactions.  I am using my Paypal funds so definitely not an available credit issue. I have also contacted paypal and told me that there's no problem or hold on my account. Please help. thanks. 

Message 55 of 65
latest reply

As a seller, this has been an issue for 2 days straight now with customers telling me they cannot check out. It has been an on and off again issue for the last 13 months and ebay still does not have it totally fixed. Normally waiting 24-48 hours it will then be fine.

Message 56 of 65
latest reply

I am still having problems today, 02/25/21. I click pay with PayPal, sign in and the PayPal button I had clicked on my Checkout Page is no longer clicked on and I cannot complete my purchase.

Message 57 of 65
latest reply

Can´t pay today? Well, then pay tomorrow. There you go, problem solved. No problem.

Message 58 of 65
latest reply

I'm on my second day with Customer Service to restore my preferred payment method bank checking that suddenly disappeared after using it for 8 years. I cannot link my Bank. I'm very pessimistic about this being fixed. I hope all the folks I owe money to including Paypal Credit have amazing patience. We shall see.

Message 59 of 65
latest reply

I can't pay today (5/19/21) either. Normally when I try to use the Paypal option a small Paypal window will pop up. I didn't get that window this time, BUT, I got the end screen saying 'Your order is in!' and an order number. HOWEVER, it's still showing unpaid in the shopping cart and purchase history. I called ebay and the rep checked and it is indeed UNpaid. He also said they've been aware of this issue since April. That's a long time for this not to be fixed.

I was told to ask the Seller to send me an invoice. That's not working as they are a Newb (this is their first sale) and aren't dealing well with trying to figure out how to send an invoice. They want to wait. it's already been possibly a month and a half with this payment issue! If eBay can't figure it out by now waiting isn't going to be the solution. A 2nd rep said that the invoice might not work either and to try ebay.de (Germany) but I'd have to pay a currency fee. Seriously? And Rep #1 told me to try another payment method. I did after hanging up (silly me) and they aren't available (grayed out and says "Unfortunately, you can't pay with this option. Please select a different payment option." so I can't even pay with a credit card if I wanted to.

This is lost revenue for them and I'm hesitant to buy anything else using them until this is fixed. I am NOT happy about that as I have a dozens of searches ongoing with nowhere else to purchase from (obscure movies).

Message 60 of 65
latest reply