cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who else thinks managed payments are awful? Why do we need to wait so long for our money?

Just lie the title says..............

Who else is massively disappointed by the managed payments way of doing things?

I recently was asked to register and set up for new managed payments on my seller account. After a few sales I can say that I am so unhappy with the way that ebay have implemented this. 

Why do we have to wait so long for the money to clear? What exactly is going on here. It's pretty outrageous. 4 days to be sent to the bank, and then more days for it to clear in the bank, as opposed to the immediate clearance under the old system when it was payed into paypal. I want my money straight away. It's enough that ebay wants to take over the odds for their charges. I can just about live with that, but to delay the payout, undoubtedly making something from MY money in the process is just outrageous.

The customer service and the ability to talk to a human if anything goes wrong, which it has on a few occasions, just adds insult to injury.

Something needs to be done. 

I'm seriously thinking of leaving ebay and finding another way to sell online. It's an unfair and unjust system in place now, and I don't think people should put up with it. Whoever thought this up needs to be sacked. It's just plain wrong.

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Re: Who else thinks managed payments are awful? Why do we need to wait so long for our money?

I totally agree !!!!!!!   

Message 61 of 71
latest reply

Re: Who else thinks managed payments are awful? Why do we need to wait so long for our money?

@team_akira wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@team_akira wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@drezzdrezzler wrote:

I disagree. When you sell, you should be payed, and it should go through immediately. Anything less, or any delay is inferior to the old system. To have to wait is just not acceptable in 2021. Instant transfer is what we need. The technology exists. This is the age of instant transfer, the fact that it takes days is just ridiculous, and it's obvious that's somehow working out in ebay's favour and not the sellers.

Do you think the grocery store or gas station gets paid instantly when you use a credit/debit card?

They have to wait to receive the funds, just like we do.

This is a very weak argument. It doesn't matter how grocery stores or gas stations are paid. With PayPal, sellers were paid instantly. With the new MP, it takes days to even weeks to get paid. The point is that this is NOT an improvement, but a giant step backwards. To make your analogy equivalent, we would have to make credit card companies wait days or weeks LONGER than they do now to receive their money. Do you think the credit card companies will be OK with that? 

When a buyer would pay using a credit/debit card, do you think Pay Pal received the funds instantly, no they did not, they had to wait to receive the funds also.

The reason they gave us instant access to the funds is because they knew the buyers payment was good and they would be receiving the funds from the buyer in a few days.

Paying your credit card bill and using a credit card to pay is completely different.

If you paid your credit card bill using a debit card, they wouldn't receive the payment instantly, the payment has to be processed before they receive the funds.

Same old weak argument again.  I can see what I said is too difficult for you to understand. It doesn't matter if Paypal got the money right away or not. The FACT is Paypal paid the sellers instantly. With MP, it takes forever. And yes, compared to instantly, 5 to 10 days is forever. Therefore, MP is not an improvement. Things are supposed to progress, advance, and get better, not worse . Otherwise, we would all still be using 56k dial up internet, big tube TV's, etc.

Also, what happens if you pay your credit card bill late? That's right, you get charged interest. So if eBay wants to hold sellers payment, they should pay sellers interest on that balance. I think that would be a fair trade-off.

Unless you chose weekly payouts, they don't hold your funds.

Yes, Pay Pal gave us instant access to the funds, that's because they chose to, Ebay doesn't.

You might not like it, but not much you can do about it and all the complaints are not going to do any good.

Have a great day
Message 62 of 71
latest reply

@wildpitchsports wrote:

You can't compare pre-Paypal days OVER 20 YEARS ago to this. I started in early 2000. I remember that. Somehow it was better than even this. At least you weren't fee gouged and had time to pay. Now eBay is taking your money before you even ship the item. You're being charged a FVF on the SALES TAX TOO now. Anyone actually bother to look at their fees?

Yes, and I'm paying about the same fee's as before.

Have a great day
Message 63 of 71
latest reply

Hi - I joined MP. I had no choice if I wanted to keep selling on ebay. I am not trying to upset anyone, just offering an opinion. Venting lets out a bit of frustration perhaps. Thank God we live in a country where we can express different things. 

Message 64 of 71
latest reply

It all depends on what you compare to what.

Message 65 of 71
latest reply

cynha-5147
Scout

Hope that teaches you to shop only on eBay!

Message 66 of 71
latest reply

🙂 have a nice day 🙂

Message 67 of 71
latest reply

I totally agree ... wish someone would start a new site ... Pay Pal ?  E bay does not give a s... about those that made them !

Message 68 of 71
latest reply

Transfer to my bank is pending? **bleep**. First the money is held up twice by eBay. Processing for a day. Then funds available for a day, and then a couple of days for payout to my bank and then my bank holds the funds until the next day. 

do you know how long PayPal held up funds?Maybe a couple of seconds. Buyer pays and a immediately I get a notice that I have money in my PayPal account. Do you know how long my bank holds funds coming from PayPal. Maybe a minute. 

so before when I sold something, soon as the buyer pays. I would receive the funds and could transfer to my bank in a matter minutes. Now it takes 4-5 days.  And you think this is better?

Message 69 of 71
latest reply

@homewrecker_inc wrote:

Transfer to my bank is pending? **bleep**. First the money is held up twice by eBay. Processing for a day. Then funds available for a day, and then a couple of days for payout to my bank and then my bank holds the funds until the next day. 

do you know how long PayPal held up funds?Maybe a couple of seconds. Buyer pays and a immediately I get a notice that I have money in my PayPal account. Do you know how long my bank holds funds coming from PayPal. Maybe a minute. 

so before when I sold something, soon as the buyer pays. I would receive the funds and could transfer to my bank in a matter minutes. Now it takes 4-5 days.  And you think this is better?

We no longer have the ability to use PayPal.  So comparing MP to PP will do nothing but stress you out more.

The following links are very informative and easy to read. Lots of great information in these articles that contain information you should be aware of. After you read them you will likely have questions. Come on back and ask whatever you need to.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/How-does-the-updated-eBay-payments-experience-work-...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/Have-questions-about-payments-Check-out-this-post-f...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/Infographic-How-payouts-work-when-eBay-manages-paym...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payment-Resources/Changes-to-the-eBay-invoicing-process/ba-p/32004201

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payment-Resources/Know-your-options-to-pay-eBay-fees-and-selling-costs...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 70 of 71
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 71 of 71
latest reply