cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the updated eBay payments experience work for consumer sellers?

Sellers,

If you’ve recently updated your eBay account information, you’re likely now familiar with the updated eBay experience. This means:

• You get paid directly to your bank account, not your PayPal account.
    If you haven’t already done so, please add a bank account so you can get paid. You can add your bank account from the Selling Overview page on My eBay.  
    • Note: You may receive a separate message to add or verify your information.
  • eBay sends payouts of available funds to your bank within 2 business days after confirming your buyer’s payment. You may choose to receive earnings to your bank account weekly or daily, as funds are available. Learn more about payouts.
  • No more PayPal payment processing fees or separate monthly fee payments. You will pay an updated final value fee, consisting of a category-based percentage of the total amount of the sale, plus a fixed fee per order. Most sellers will pay the same or less than before.* See fee details.

What’s more

• eBay will collect fees and other expenses directly from your earnings.  
    • If your earnings are not sufficient to cover these amounts, we will charge your payment method on file (debit or credit card, and/or linked bank account). 
  • You can access everything you need on eBay: consolidated fees, refunds, returns and more. You can view all your Payouts activity in Payments options in My eBay or in the Payments tab in Seller Hub.
  • Buyers have new ways to pay with Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, PayPal Credit, as well as credit, debit, and gift cards.

You can learn more about the updated eBay experience in the Seller Center, and through our video.

FAQ:

Why do I need to update my account details?

We are updating the payments experience on eBay to enhance the buying and selling experience on the marketplace. We believe this is an opportunity to deliver a more seamless experience for both buyers and sellers, while offering a greater choice in payment options that include: credit, debit and gift cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, and PayPal Credit.

How do payouts work on the updated eBay experience?

eBay sends a message when your buyer has paid and it's time for you to ship your order. You can apply  funds from your sale to the  purchase of shipping labels, or pay for them separately.  eBay makes the remaining funds from your sale available within 2 business days after confirming the buyer’s payment. You may choose to receive payouts of available funds daily or weekly. 

Please note: eBay only sends payouts to your bank on business days (Monday through Friday, excluding bank holidays). eBay deducts fees and expenses related to your sales from your funds prior to payout. Examples of eBay selling fees include but are not limited to: insertion fees, promoted listings, listing upgrades, and Store subscription fees.  

You will find details of your payouts, including all related fees and expenses, in the Reports section of Seller Hub or the Seller Dashboard section of My eBay.  

If you choose to receive payouts daily, eBay sends payouts of available funds to your bank within 2 business days after confirming your buyer’s payment.  In the event of a bank holiday, eBay will make the payout on the following business day.

If you choose to receive payouts weekly, eBay sends payouts of available funds to your bank on Tuesdays. If a Tuesday falls on a bank holiday, eBay will make the payout on the following business day.

Once eBay sends payouts, your bank will generally take 1-3 additional business days to make the funds from these payouts available to you. 

Why can’t I get funds the same day like I do today in PayPal?

We aim to pay you as quickly as possible, but are dependent on the credit card brands (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc.) and banks for payout processing and timely funds settlement.

Does eBay earn interest on funds before they are paid out to sellers? 

Payouts for eBay transactions are initiated to sellers’ bank accounts within 2 business days (Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays) of order confirmation, unless the seller requests weekly payouts. eBay does not earn interest on pending payments, payments scheduled for payout, or payments that are in the process of being paid out.

Can I still sell internationally?

If you offer to ship internationally, your listings may surface in buyer searches on supported international

eBay sites. You may also limit the countries you ship to by selecting specific regions in your listing

settings. Your earnings for international sales will be disbursed to your local currency. For more details

on international selling on eBay, click here.

When you are activated for the updated eBay experience, you can also use the Global Shipping Program which makes selling internationally easier, including arranging international shipping, completing customs forms, and handling import fees, which are paid by buyers at the time of purchase. When the seller sells items through the Global Shipping Program, their listings automatically surface on supported international eBay sites.

*Savings are based on annual total sales volumes, and comparisons of (a) prior eBay final value fees plus typical 3rd party payment provider fees, with (b) new eBay final value fees (without any 3rd party processing fees). 

For account specific Payments support please request contact from a payments-trained teammate by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0