cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who else thinks managed payments are awful? Why do we need to wait so long for our money?

Just lie the title says..............

Who else is massively disappointed by the managed payments way of doing things?

I recently was asked to register and set up for new managed payments on my seller account. After a few sales I can say that I am so unhappy with the way that ebay have implemented this. 

Why do we have to wait so long for the money to clear? What exactly is going on here. It's pretty outrageous. 4 days to be sent to the bank, and then more days for it to clear in the bank, as opposed to the immediate clearance under the old system when it was payed into paypal. I want my money straight away. It's enough that ebay wants to take over the odds for their charges. I can just about live with that, but to delay the payout, undoubtedly making something from MY money in the process is just outrageous.

The customer service and the ability to talk to a human if anything goes wrong, which it has on a few occasions, just adds insult to injury.

Something needs to be done. 

I'm seriously thinking of leaving ebay and finding another way to sell online. It's an unfair and unjust system in place now, and I don't think people should put up with it. Whoever thought this up needs to be sacked. It's just plain wrong.

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Who else thinks managed payments are awful? Why do we need to wait so long for our money?

I have no issues with managed payments.  Been in it since September.  Not one issue.  Payout happen every tuesday morning and is in my bank by Wednesday.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 2 of 71
latest reply

I disagree. When you sell, you should be payed, and it should go through immediately. Anything less, or any delay is inferior to the old system. To have to wait is just not acceptable in 2021. Instant transfer is what we need. The technology exists. This is the age of instant transfer, the fact that it takes days is just ridiculous, and it's obvious that's somehow working out in ebay's favour and not the sellers.

Message 3 of 71
latest reply

Hi - Certain posters will have many ways to say in different ways about how wonderful ebay is & how nice the managed payment system is. Believe it not. I am anathema now on ebay, but I think my advice is still sound. In my opinion, the MP thing is a travesty for many reasons. You know what the reasons are & I will not list them here. It would only cause certain posters to get busy denying my words. I truly wish you the best with the MP system.  L

Message 4 of 71
latest reply

Totally.

I hear you, but I really wish it was not the case.

I wish ebay will change this  disaster of a policy and revise the way payments work. It really is a sham.

Message 5 of 71
latest reply

No problem, bank verification was quick & easy via micro deposits, I get a message that my payout is sent on Tuesday morning, it's in my bank Wednesday morning. It's all good

I've had a paypal account since Y2K. Never had a problem with them and , like an old friend, I hate to see them go. But it's just called change, the only constant thing in life

Still have paypal only on my primary account, haven't been moved to MP or gotten any deadline on that one

Message 6 of 71
latest reply

Hi - That's what I have been saying. They have beaten me & left me bloody on the rocks. Oh well,  L

Message 7 of 71
latest reply

@drezzdrezzler wrote:

I disagree. When you sell, you should be payed, and it should go through immediately. Anything less, or any delay is inferior to the old system. To have to wait is just not acceptable in 2021. Instant transfer is what we need. The technology exists. This is the age of instant transfer, the fact that it takes days is just ridiculous, and it's obvious that's somehow working out in ebay's favour and not the sellers.

Do you think the grocery store or gas station gets paid instantly when you use a credit/debit card?

They have to wait to receive the funds, just like we do.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 71
latest reply

I'm in two minds about this now.  

I too started a thread about managed payments and the confusion and time delays getting our money and somehow felt the paypal method was easier and quicker but I can also see how opening the door to buyers not using paypal can only help us with sales.

My first issue was eBay not taking money off one sale but then taking that money and the seconds sale money off on my second sale, and I felt wronged, but that's how things worked so I kept going.

There are plenty of niggly issues with regards payments and getting your items out to the buyers in a timely manner and my feeling was that with the new method it seemed my money was not reflecting soon enough which then held up me posting the item until i saw the money in the bank.  As I type, my sales have been pathetic and the last few sales have netted me so little I have not even bothered to look where the money is and I just leave it now.

This seems to be a learning curve for all of us, it seems.

Message 9 of 71
latest reply

@drezzdrezzler wrote:

Totally.

I hear you, but I really wish it was not the case.

I wish ebay will change this  disaster of a policy and revise the way payments work. It really is a sham.

What do you think they should do?

The new system works as it should, so there's nothing to change.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 71
latest reply

@jewayne wrote:

This seems to be a learning curve for all of us, it seems.

Yes, it takes a little bit to get used to if you've never been on a system like it.

Once you get it figured out, it should be pretty smooth.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 71
latest reply

@jewayne wrote:

There are plenty of niggly issues with regards payments and getting your items out to the buyers in a timely manner and my feeling was that with the new method it seemed my money was not reflecting soon enough which then held up me posting the item until i saw the money in the bank.  As I type, my sales have been pathetic and the last few sales have netted me so little I have not even bothered to look where the money is and I just leave it now.

You don't have to front the money or wait for the buyer's payment to reach your bank before shipping. Just set your Shipping form to draw the postage from the buyer's pending funds. You will find the setting for that at the lower left corner of the Shipping form.

The funds themselves are not "pending;" it's the transfer to your bank that's pending. eBay already has the buyer's payment, which is why you can use a portion of it to purchase the shipping on-line.

Message 12 of 71
latest reply

Sure I would love to have stayed on PP.  It worked .  BUT things change.  I am not about to cut my nose off to spite my face.  I went through all of the 2008 changes.  It got to me so I took off for 2 years.  Got bored and came back.

I do NOT like change.  However life is all about change.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 13 of 71
latest reply

aah ha, we learn something new each day.

thanks a_c_green, will have a look see.

Message 14 of 71
latest reply

I personally like it a little better.  I'm definitely not a cheerleader, though, did you see my whining about losing the classic seller page?  I was basically told to suck it up and move on by a dhbookds (I think), and that was good advice.  They were right since it wasn't going to change no matter how much I complained.

Anyway, waiting for the money has no effect on me because I never transferred money out of paypal until I felt safe to do so after things were delivered.  They actually are moving money to my bank way faster than I did and saves me that step.

Message 15 of 71
latest reply