cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new way to verify your bank account for managed payments

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Sellers,

We’ve made it easier for you to register for managed payments by introducing a new method to safely verify your bank account using microdeposits.  

With this new method, eBay will make two microdeposits in unique amounts to your bank account to verify that we have the correct bank account information for you. The microdeposits will usually post to your bank account within 1-3 business days. 

To identify the microdeposits, look for 2 small microdeposits in your account transaction history. Once you receive the deposits, you may return to eBay’s registration site to enter the amounts you received. Once verified, you will receive an email confirming your account. We’ll withdraw the amount of the microdeposits from your bank account typically within 3 business days.

If the amounts you enter do not match eBay’s records, you must verify your account using an alternative verification method.

In addition to microdeposits, you may also link your account directly to your seller account using eBay’s bank log-in feature. 

We’re excited to be offering a simpler way for Sellers to verify their bank account for managed payments.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 1 of 280
latest reply
279 REPLIES 279

Re: A new way to verify your bank account for managed payments

Same is happening to me!  Any resolution?  They say they can’t reach me I should check my number in file.  My number hasn’t changed in 15 years.  Can’t verify me suddenly.  I sent documents and nothing works to stop this madness.  I was given until December 7,  but no wait how about restrict listing on Black Friday?  Perfect.  Spent all day begging for the 20th time to help.  I am leaving eBay ASAP.  I knew managed payments was going to suck.  Any ideas?  Now MP department is closed for the weekend   

Message 46 of 280
latest reply

Why does t someone do that when verification is stuck!  I need help I am livid with eBay.  Another example of how they don’t value sellers.  There should be actual help available.  eBay just keeps doing things in such a way that it guarantees will not achieve what would otherwise be possible. 

Message 47 of 280
latest reply

Me too!  Any resolution?

Message 48 of 280
latest reply

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but all of a sudden now I am unable to process any payments when buying an item using paypal - come to find out that I'm not the only one not being able to use paypal and then I find all these articles like the post and BBC saying that you are NO LONGER USING PAYPAY ?

Message 49 of 280
latest reply

I verified my bank account when I first started buying/selling on ebay, 19 plus years ago,  are you saying I need to do this again for managed payments?

Message 50 of 280
latest reply

payouts already going into account for several months now need to verify again come on Ebay there are only 24 hours in a day we have jobs don't have to the time to play these games

Message 51 of 280
latest reply

Just wait.... I was "all good", verifies bank info, received payments without a problem for months, then, all of a sudden.... Unable to process payments, unable to verify information??? and, of course, no way to contact them to resolve. So far they have been "unable to process" well over $1000!

Message 52 of 280
latest reply

I’m super confused with this change. I don’t want to enter my personal info again. PayPal already has that info. Why eBay? I’m headed to a FB buy sell group to sell. Completely free. I’m not a huge seller, just here and there. I was hoping to make some extra Christmas money but not on this platform I guess. 

Message 53 of 280
latest reply

Hi Sheila:

I am having major issues, haven’t received any deposits or micro deposit tests. I emailed the CEO yesterday and haven’t had a reply yet. Please help me get paid.  Many thanks. 

Message 54 of 280
latest reply

Finished the move to MP (or so I thought).   I can't even get the bank account verified.  After reading all the responses in several forum threads, in my opinion, this new system is messed up.  Don't want to take any chances so I pulled all my listings.  Good luck with the new system.

Message 55 of 280
latest reply

Also, this was posted on the screen when I signed up for MP...

"We will notify you of your account activation date two weeks in advance, and again two business days beforehand. Nothing will change in how you sell on eBay until then."

This is totally wrong as the system automatically changed all my listings to MP.  There was no two weeks or two business days notice.

Message 56 of 280
latest reply

Ebay customer service told me the contract with paypal has ended. Sellers dont have a choice other than the new system. 

My problem is somewhat different than what I'm seeing being posted. The money from my sales is being deposited into a bank account that is not mine. I did not add a checking account number at all for this new system, yet they have one for me. I did not add this to my eBay account nor did I add it to my PayPal account!. I have verified with my bank that I only have 1 account, which is the one I have always used for PayPal. Yet this new account was somehow added without my authorization and my money is being directed into that account instead of my actual one. When the money is deposited into the unauthorized account it is rejected then eBay just keeps trying to send it back to that same one and not to the correct account!  I tried to add my real bank account information but it won't let me without knowing the "other" accounts full information. Where did this other bank account come from??? I've tried and tried and tried to get in touch with a live person from eBay but with no success. The 1 time I did get to actually talk to a live person, the customer service representative said she couldn't help and someone else would call me back. Nobody called. I want my money! This new system sucks!

Message 57 of 280
latest reply

I still can’t verify my account and eBay has been holding my funds hostage for over 2 weeks. This MP is a farce!!

Message 58 of 280
latest reply

I sold one item with you and I have problem fixing it with your new payment system. My bank account is a Saving account not Checking. For that reason I never receive the payment. I'm trying to contact EBAY and no way to contact and Agent. Anyway to fix this problem or deposit the money with Paypal?

Message 59 of 280
latest reply

Managed payouts not working on 12/2/2020

.  Says bank decline.  I called my bank.  No issue.  Same account as I have had.  Tried to call eBay CS.  Line no longer works.  Can someone from eBay please reply on this?  

Message 60 of 280
latest reply