cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new way to verify your bank account for managed payments

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Sellers,

We’ve made it easier for you to register for managed payments by introducing a new method to safely verify your bank account using microdeposits.  

With this new method, eBay will make two microdeposits in unique amounts to your bank account to verify that we have the correct bank account information for you. The microdeposits will usually post to your bank account within 1-3 business days. 

To identify the microdeposits, look for 2 small microdeposits in your account transaction history. Once you receive the deposits, you may return to eBay’s registration site to enter the amounts you received. Once verified, you will receive an email confirming your account. We’ll withdraw the amount of the microdeposits from your bank account typically within 3 business days.

If the amounts you enter do not match eBay’s records, you must verify your account using an alternative verification method.

In addition to microdeposits, you may also link your account directly to your seller account using eBay’s bank log-in feature. 

We’re excited to be offering a simpler way for Sellers to verify their bank account for managed payments.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 1 of 280
latest reply
279 REPLIES 279

Hi! I have the same question. Why does ebay want to see my full bank statement with transactions!? My bank does not advise me to send this information as it is protected and not ebay's business. I pay them to use the platform. I provide the goods and they keep all the money because I don't want to share my full months banking statements? How is this right?

Message 271 of 280
latest reply

I'm confused! I've sold product and gotten my payments just fine. Now all of a sudden it's asking me for a micro deposit wich isn't showing up in my bank account. So now what?

Message 272 of 280
latest reply

Despite loads of buying, and no problems for ebay in terms of charging my credit card, I too got this message and checked to make sure that my information was current. It is. I have a bank account and a credit card on the account. I'm now thinking twice about having a bank account connected since I can't be sure that ebay isn't a predatory company that will gouge me. I'm not suggesting it is. Just don't know that it isn't. I don't know that I won't end up seeing loads of money leaving my bank account for various fees I didn't expect and/or don't know about. That's a concern that I had not thought about as a buyer. But as a seller, I can imagine that possibility. Things are explained on ebay in a way that makes unexpected fees seem almost impossible to avoid. Yet, for now, my bank checking account is attached. Yet I see this same message and no "micro-deposits". And why did I not see it as soon as I posted my first sell item?

Message 273 of 280
latest reply

Can I choose not to use the Micro depositing with you?

Message 274 of 280
latest reply

Hi,

But it not that easy. I done as it said step by step but ebay says,, unfortunately we are still having trouble verifying your microdeposit amount,, .

Then they said I should try another account.  Well do not have another account.  That I should do?

Message 275 of 280
latest reply

you tell me this now after i just sold an item? well you can shove it plenty of other places to sell nowadays 

Message 276 of 280
latest reply

Ebay.....post the hyper link to the landing page to verify

Message 277 of 280
latest reply

All I see are questions and not one answer!! 

Message 278 of 280
latest reply

@wsvo4462 wrote:

All I see are questions and not one answer!! 

There were many answers on this thread, but it is going to depend on what question you are asking @wsvo4462 .  You may want to start a thread with your question as this is a very OLD thread.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 279 of 280
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 280 of 280
latest reply