cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new way to verify your bank account for managed payments

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Sellers,

We’ve made it easier for you to register for managed payments by introducing a new method to safely verify your bank account using microdeposits.  

With this new method, eBay will make two microdeposits in unique amounts to your bank account to verify that we have the correct bank account information for you. The microdeposits will usually post to your bank account within 1-3 business days. 

To identify the microdeposits, look for 2 small microdeposits in your account transaction history. Once you receive the deposits, you may return to eBay’s registration site to enter the amounts you received. Once verified, you will receive an email confirming your account. We’ll withdraw the amount of the microdeposits from your bank account typically within 3 business days.

If the amounts you enter do not match eBay’s records, you must verify your account using an alternative verification method.

In addition to microdeposits, you may also link your account directly to your seller account using eBay’s bank log-in feature. 

We’re excited to be offering a simpler way for Sellers to verify their bank account for managed payments.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 1 of 280
latest reply
279 REPLIES 279

And for those who don't have a bank account?  How is that supposed to work?  

Message 16 of 280
latest reply

If you'd recognize accounts, like brokerage accounts, that have checking account numbers, I'd be a lot happier sheila@ebay  I have to open a new bank account to continue on eBay, a real pain and I hope unwanted friction on eBay's part.

As for micropayment verification been around for years. Should have had that in your specs wehn you bid the payment back end service.

Message 17 of 280
latest reply

thats the ebay way cheat the seller

Message 18 of 280
latest reply

@treschic53 wrote:

Can we now add a second checking account to MP?  I see an option to add a bank account.   If I add another checking account will it eliminate the first one? 

I loved that PayPal allowed me to direct payments to more than one bank account.  It was great fo managing my business.  

MP is not so flexible. MP System is inadequate if you think that business owners can wrk with it.   I hope that you have corrected the inadequacies.

Only one checking account per eBay account.  You would have to have a second ebay account and it would not be moved to MP right away.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 19 of 280
latest reply

@su-brown wrote:

I’m all setup for the last few weeks and get my money quickly. This system is not new. Others (you know who) use this process.

NOW I feel dumb. I can’t find my MP information. Last week was no problem. At this time it seems to be hidden. 
Thanks,

Susan

@su-brown

Did you find your MP info?  You go to seller hub>payments

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ovw

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 20 of 280
latest reply

I'm having the same issue. Even got a letter from my Credit Union on letterhead and signed but they still won't verify my account and free up all of my money they are wrongfully withholding from me. Ebay customer service number was useless. I even opened a new account at Capital One and used the "sign in" option to verify and it STILL won't. I am so completely frustrated and maddened. Customer service asked if I tried the micro deposit option but I don't even get that option when it asks to verify. This is not acceptable .

Message 21 of 280
latest reply

Why is any of this even necessary? I want to use PayPal, the method I have always used from the beginning. 

Message 22 of 280
latest reply

What if I want my payments to go to PayPal instead of my bank account?  Do I have to change?  

Message 23 of 280
latest reply

You have no choice. They switched me yesterday saying my registration was complete. They didn’t even warn me. I never sent bank information or ss#. 

Message 24 of 280
latest reply

eBay doesn’t have customer support for sellers. Not real customer support. I will record every conversation I have with them from here on out. No one would believe what the genius told me the last time I had an issue. I can’t wait for a new platform. 

Message 25 of 280
latest reply

Those terms and conditions are ridiculous! I’m about to start selling in Facebook groups like all the others. Fee free fee fee, no refund for fee, fee fee fee...... 

Message 26 of 280
latest reply

I’m out too.

Nope, nope, nope... sounds like a nightmare to me!

I started selling on another platform. I still have to wait a few days to get paid BUT no SS# (unless I hit the tax threshold) and I use my PayPal cash card as my bank routing, so I don’t even have to give out my bank info.

eBay, after almost 20 years you can KEEP IT! ✌️ 👋 

Message 27 of 280
latest reply

They did the same to me on the labels and couldn't tell me how to fix it. Next label, scroll to bottom of screen and change to pay with pending payouts. I haven't received a dime yet, day 18, top rated seller, 100% feedback, no resolution in sight for me, maybe next year.

Jeff Pinar
Message 28 of 280
latest reply

I agree with you. Using paypal was simple. Buyer paid, I had my money in seconds. Now I have 5 pending - which I have to ship out while ebay holds and makes money off of my money..  How long do I have to wait for these pay-outs? Where do I even go to find MP. Im tired of having to hunt and hunt and hunt.. It would have been great to have had a warning emailed to me, detailed instructions and I should have been able to get paid the same way that I was til their new way was set up. THAT is appropriate customer service. Pulling the rug out from someone and saying "deal with it", is not the way to encourage sellers to keep using the platform.

Message 29 of 280
latest reply

It is not right that we have to ship the item before getting the payment... 

Also, why are the terms different from person to person? Some have had zero issues and did not

even have to change over nor give ssn. The customer service is so lacking. I waited 2 hours to speak

with someone today and she had NO clue how MP worked and she couldnt even tell me where to 

find the page with my MP on it. When I told her that I may wait to send out items for a few days - to see if

I get payment - she told me that could cause me to lose top seller status? What?

Message 30 of 280
latest reply