cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay recommends cancelling account and starting from scratch

I have the problem of having cloze to $6k available for payout. I have not had a problem up to Jan 4th, 2022 with receiving payout. After that day I have not been able to get a payout. I have had 6 call to eBay without much success in finding a solution. It appears to be known technical issue, with no solution. Today I talked with a CSR that has come up with the solution of sending my available funds to me via PayPal(Yes thats right "PayPal") within the next 30 days or so. Meanwhile I was advised to cancel my current account and start fresh with a New Account. I will have to of course pay for the remaining term on my store subscription.  With my new account I will of course start with 0 feedback and no history on eBay. 

I think maybe the effort to start a new account may be better spent elsewhere. 

really feeling betrayed by eBay............

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

@mooktida wrote:

Today I talked with a CSR that has come up with the solution of sending my available funds to me via PayPal(Yes thats right "PayPal") within the next 30 days or so.

The CSR was blowing smoke, they can't send the funds to your Pay Pal account.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 37
latest reply

They were trying to get me to do this too. It shows a total disregard for all the work that goes into building a successful brand on eBay, where many buyers and sellers won't even consider doing business without a history of positive feedback.

I'm seeing on my account that I should be getting a payout tomorrow, finally, after over three weeks of waiting. That said, I'm not going to breathe easily until the money has been shown to leave the account. Really hoping they get this issue sorted for everyone soon and acknowledge the mistake publicly.

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

Have you given eBay your full SSN or do they still only have the last 4 digits?

They require the full number now for the IRS to issue 1099k forms.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 37
latest reply

There is a bug that Ebay is aware of for some of these sellers that have their money on hold.  Not all of them, but some of them they are caught up in this issue.  To my knowledge Ebay hasn't offered any more information on this other than there is a problem.  That came on a different thread by one of the Community CSRs.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

I know how you feel.

If you open a new account...you may be considered a "new seller" and have to wait 21 days until your payouts start. 

And, since you have close to $6k due to your old account, do you think eBay will transfer it over to your new one?  I doubt that would go smoothly if it were even possible.

The fact that you were told your PayPal account would be credited is astonishing since almost EVERYONE on these boards say that is not how it "works" anymore.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Well- it's not a glitch or a bug- It's ebay not wanting to deal with certain banks- because they don't see "eye to eye." My guess is ebay doesn't like the fee structure of "these" banks- and wants to force you to one that works for them.

I have been dealing with no payouts for the past two months. Started holding funds again Jan 2nd. Yet took 30 cents out of my bank account while sitting on several thousands. It's not right- or I believe- legal.

SO if I don't change my bank( Bank of America) they will continue to hold EACH transaction for 30 days!!!

email response-

"To resolve the issue, it would require updating your bank account to a different one. I understand this is not the most convenient option, but it would resolve the holds and funds could be released right away after the new account added passes verification.

As we grow our Payments program we identify new risk factors that will change the relationship we have with a bank.  We truly don't want to cause an inconvenience, but we have an obligation to continue to keep eBay a safe and secure marketplace above all else. This doesn't mean their bank is insecure, or that there is anything wrong with it, just that eBay and the bank don't necessarily "see eye-to-eye".

I know this is not the most convenient resolution, but it is the resolution available at this time for the specific transaction holds you are currently facing. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to our support team who can assist you further in updating that information."

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

@richard454 

Why would Ebay be experiencing ANY fees from a seller's bank?

I use the same bank as you do and I have been in MP for a good amount of time now without a single issue.  My day may be coming, but to date my weekly transfers happen on time and are received in my bank account in less than 24 hours.

I would likely react just like you have and refuse to change banks as clearly this is an Ebay issue not a you issue.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

@mam98031 

I bank where you do, too. I'm on 'Daily', but a sale I made Sunday night was released today. Will be mine tomorrow.

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@mam98031 

I bank where you do, too. I'm on 'Daily', but a sale I made Sunday night was released today. Will be mine tomorrow.

Are you asking if your Payout released today will arrive in your account by tomorrow?  If that is your question, IDK.  I can only say that for me, at BOA, I get an email that my deposit is in my account in less than 24 hours.

If you aren't getting emails to notify you when a deposit arrives.  Go to their website and log into your account.  There are quite a few preferences you can check and security things you can put in place.  One of the preferences is to get an email whenever a deposit hits your account.

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

Thanks- good to know for some reason "they" have singled me out.

I was having no problems receiving money till December. Went back and forth- got a lump sum the  first few days of January for what was owed to me for the last three weeks of December- almost $10K.

They have held every penny for 2022.

I can just imagine a large employer telling you - oh we don't see "eye to eye" with your bank-so we're going to hold your pay check for 30 days!

Ebay is paying for every transaction-

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

@richard454 wrote:

Thanks- good to know for some reason "they" have singled me out.

I was having no problems receiving money till December. Went back and forth- got a lump sum the  first few days of January for what was owed to me for the last three weeks of December- almost $10K.

They have held every penny for 2022.

I can just imagine a large employer telling you - oh we don't see "eye to eye" with your bank-so we're going to hold your pay check for 30 days!

Ebay is paying for every transaction-

Highly unlikely they have singled you out for anything.  Seems to me from reviewing your account that it is the more expensive items you sold recently that likely triggered a Security check on your account.  Ebay does this on sales over $1000 especially if it isn't a normal single sale amount.  But 30 days it pretty darn excessive.  That sounds more like the New Seller and sellers that haven't sold for 90+ days rule.

Again, What fees to the banks, you still haven't been specific.

Now it is likely they are paying to use the ACH system as that sounds local.  They are after all using their services and should be paid for that.

The individual banks receive the money from the ACH process not from Ebay directly.  So it is very unlikely that a bank skips over the ACH system to charge a fee to the sender of the deposit.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

They have forced me to revaluate my 24 years here and If I want to continue.I don't!!!!!!  I will be selling off most of my items and start selling on my own site again (I closed years back when ebay was a fairly easy place to do business) my stress is through the roof with all these fees rules one sided feedback manipulation of sales changes and just outright **bleep** they have like a 1.3 business rating and its no wonder.

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

@psfhobbies wrote:

They have forced me to revaluate my 24 years here and If I want to continue.I don't!!!!!!  I will be selling off most of my items and start selling on my own site again (I closed years back when ebay was a fairly easy place to do business) my stress is through the roof with all these fees rules one sided feedback manipulation of sales changes and just outright **bleep** they have like a 1.3 business rating and its no wonder.

@psfhobbies 

I am sorry you are so frustrated.  You have a brisk selling history, so I'm sure you didn't come to this decision lightly. 

Transitioning to MP can be quite frustrating for some sellers.  The fee structure has changed, but our overall fees on a monthly basis are roughly the same as they were before entering MP.

Most of the other stuff you talk about has been going on for years on Ebay.  If I may ask, what is the time that pushed you over the top in which you have now decided to leave?  Certainly you don't have to answer that, I am just curious.

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

The main reason to be honest is Ebay's rules and outright interference of my sales. This is my business and I make a lot of products myself and sometimes I cant ship in one day so I don't get my little ribbon which affects my sales.The competition is very high in my arena. One of our biggest competitors lives within 50 miles of my supplier and they undercut nearly everyone here selling hobby goods. They are never out of stock because of this and I cant compete with that fact especially when they get Ebay's discount. Yes I have been here a long time.I have made over 150.000 in past years.I have lost thousands of dollars due to fraud too.I get unfair feedback from PITA buyers, I make changes in my listings that don't seem to take hold and I have to redo them (item specifics) It takes a long time to list items, have you listed paint? there are about 50 specifics they want you to fill out...not worth my time anymore. I probably just need to refocus and start selling different items.Right now I sell a 10 dollar (new hobby item) I make about $1.50 after its all said and done..I cant grow on 10-15%. My sales today were $75.00 yesterday $41.00 Sunday $379.00 Saturday $38.00. doesn't make sense Normally a bad sale day in past was $120.00 now just about two three times  a month I go way below 100.00. I feel like Ebay is manipulating my sales somehow.Another thing is Most of my sales are on the other side of the country? I hardly EVER sell to anyone in New England,,, I mean maybe once every 3-4 months. I questioned Ebay about it and said "is this some deal with the PO and Ebay so PO gets more $$ when I ship". Suddenly I started getting Many Many sales from New England states?? Can't be just a coincidence..I don't trust this place anymore I don't respect what they do.I don't want to do business with people who don't care about their sellers.

I'm sure I will cool down and still sell here, but not at the volume I do and probably will shut this id down and form another smaller one.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply