Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Seller wants to cancel but I suspect he wants to relist item for more money.

Ok, so I a few days ago I got a pretty good deal on an item. I immediately paid and heard nothing for 4 days. Now, out of the blue the seller is claiming the item is "out of stock". He's claiming it will be 3 months before he can get more in stock. S...

Buying a item

Does anyone have any bright ideas on contacting a seller, If nothing comes up on contacting the seller i have a couple of questions for them and I can't find anyway to get a hold of them. Tried detials tried other tries their page and contact. But no...

Item Marked Paid But I Don't Think I Paid

I won an auction the other day, but almost immediately after wining the seller sent me a message saying: "Hey this item is no" I have no idea what that is suppose to mean, so I asked what they meant. They replied: "Its stock is over" I still have no ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

refund

hi. how long i have to waiting for refund? many, they are coming to pay pay account or bank account. thanks

receiving packages covered with tape, 30 minutes opening it & 2 broken finger nails.

Lately I am receiving packages from sellers covered all over with tape. It has taken me up to 30 minutes & 2 broken finger nails to open these packages. The object is not to make it difficult for the buyer to open a package that you ship to the buyer...

Not eligible for eBay Money Back Guarantee?

I haven't received an item I paid for and the seller is not responding to messages. I wanted to check if I could still qualify for the eBay Money Back Guarantee and received the message "your purchase is no longer eligible ...since 30 days have passe...

Boards Wonky Again?

Is it just me or are the threads on the boards running in a loop with the original starting post beginning again as the tread moves on?

INR or SNAD?

I bought about ten books from a big seller. I didn't get two. I sent them a message on the 17th and they didn't respond. The eBay screens are conflicting and I don't want to open the wrong kind of case that eBay will auto close. On mobile, it shows a...

FullSizeRender.jpg snip.PNG

Seller's Remorse - but cancelled with "buyer's shipping address wrong" as the reason. BAD SELLER!

Seller's Remorse - but cancelled with "buyer's shipping address wrong" as the reason. BAD SELLER!I won an item and was the only bidder. The next thing I know the seller cancelled the item with the reason as "Something was wrong with the buyer's shipp...

import taxes

I bought something at a cost of $20, which is aproximately 18 euros.goods with a value less than 22 euro are free from import taxes inthe country I live in.The global shipping program charges me 8$ import taxes. i don't wantto pay this. How to proced...

Resolved! Seller asking for more money for shipping after I paid

I bought something off eBay that had $12 shipping. A few days after paying, the seller messaged me saying that they had messed up the shipping charge and that it was going to cost $60 to ship out. The offered to split the difference, and wanted me to...

Buyers offering the Buy It Now price

Right now, I'm selling my Apple Watch for a Buy It Now price of $300. I keep getting $300 offers from buyers and usually they're asking me to accept it. I've been declining the offer, and explaining that $300 is the Buy It Now price, and they can pur...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Final price higher than ending bid

Hi, I won an auction today...the winning bid was $29.50 +2.99 shipping. I went to pay, was charged $44.49. (Unfortunately, I noticed this right after paying). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I did send a message to the seller, but no reply y...

IMG_5342.PNG
  • 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Seller not authorized

Since it seems impossible to complain to ebay directly, I'll vent my complaints about ebay here.The problems I am having with ebay all come from the same issue, some sellers are apparently not allowed to sell to Europe. However ebay has not implement...

ebaySellerNotAuthorised.png

charged more than I orginally paid

I'm very confused. Having some issues with paypal it seems. I called my bank and they said take it up with paypal paypal said take it up with ebay.I bought some items with obvious canfian conversion. It estimated how much and i calculated myself. The...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors