cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import taxes

I bought something at a cost of $20, which is aproximately 18 euros.

goods with a value less than 22 euro are free from import taxes in

the country I live in.

The global shipping program charges me 8$ import taxes. i don't want

to pay this. How to procedd?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

import taxes

@waitingformyfirstwin

You either pay or don't. If you've already purchased this item but haven't yet paid and decide not to pay, the seller can file a UID (unpaid item dispute) against you. You can also message the seller and see if he's willing to cancel.

In the future, don't buy anything from the GSP program without looking at all costs.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

import taxes

move!!!!!!!      It is a crime to avoid custom fees. It a evil necessaty we all must handle. Good Luck

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

import taxes

...without looking at...

there were no costs displayed because I made an offer that was accepted by the seller.

this offer was op purpose less than the amount free of charge. so I am surprised to

be charged. My question is; who can I address to clarify?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

import taxes

read again. i explained that up to $25 import is free of charge.

the bid amount was $20. it is a crime to charge.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

import taxes

The problem is with the GSP.  eBay encourages sellers to use it, and in fact they actually opted in some sellers (me included) without their knowledge.

There is no way to NOT have customs/duty fees included when the listing has GPS enabled, even if it sells for a dollar. The seller doesn't even see that, they only see and pay what it costs to get the package to the GSP center in Kentucky.

Many sellers  have complained about this but eBay claims they have no way to verify which transactions could be shipped duty free. So they just assess it on all GSP sales. Actually I think it's Pitney Bowes, not eBay that made that claim but they (PB) are the ones that actually get the money. 

I don't use GSP and never will.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

import taxes

What is the item?

Customs is not free for all items - check Belgium's customs online.  VAT in Belgium is 21% on item price plus shipping - plus any customs that is due.

Also, best offers do not include shipping costs. The shipping calculator is there for potential buyers to find out how much shipping will cost them.  GSP rates are set by Pitney-Bowes, not by eBay.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

import taxes

Unless I'm mistaken, the import charges or fees charged by the GSP program are not all import taxes.  While the import charge may include import duty or other taxes levied by the incoming country, that is not the total of what the charge covers.  You may wish to review the particulars of the program to get a better understanding of it before making any addition purchases from sellers utilizing it.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

import taxes

Dennis, you are right as always.

I have read that although they are labeled import charges, they may in fact be the charges leveled by Pitney Bowes and not the import charges that buyer would incur from their country.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

import taxes

At this point, there is really no way for you to refuse to pay this.

Charges accessed by PB are not subject to your refusal.

Sorry, OP.  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply