Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Buyer Keeping Items They Didn't Buy

I accidentally shipped two items to the wrong people and one of them returned it but the other person did not. I can not contact thrm through phone, email, or registered letter mail. I believe they blocked my number because it goes straight to voice ...

Seller asking buyer to remove negative feedback

Allowed or not? I left negative feedback for a seller, they wrote me and asked if they could give me a refund. After they processed that, they wrote me back again asking for me to change my feedback to positive. Hum?!

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Advice for all bidders, especially the newbies

I haven't seen anyone post this in a very long time but it still rings true.... BID LATE, BID ONCE, BID YOUR MAX! Back in the day, I used to see a lot of posts that sniping was unfair, illegal, or that the sniper "stole" the item from another bidder....

Buyer Retracted an offer

I recieved a notice of an offer made on an item. This was followed by a second notice that the buyer had retracted the offer and I could see their reason by clicking on the history link on the item page. I have seached all over and cannot find the my...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Fake tracking numbers getting more common

I'm used to Chinese sellers providing a non-working tracking number on their shipments, but now even U.S. based sellers are doing it. It makes me suspicious that they aren't really based in the U.S. One time I bought an item from a seller clearly "ba...

• 14 replies
  • 11 helpful

Inactive Seller

This was stupid on my part, and I am aware. A few nights ago I saw an auction for an Xbox one and decided to take part in it, thinking it was okay to pay a few days later. I won the auction without a fight from previous bidders, but I was told I had ...

Fake USA sellers from China

So, over a week ago I ordered some replacement video card fans from a seller, their listing says they are in The United States as is the item I purchased. Well that's not true, my paypal transaction log says their name in Chinese and their feedback h...

• 7 replies
  • 2 helpful

How to enable buyers to leave reviews?

Hi guys, I've been selling for a few months, but on eBay, where many people sell the same thing, you need something to stand out from the crowd. I got a message from a buyer that he couldn't leave a review, which kind of shocked me because of how dev...

Resolved! Is this a "NEW way to whitewash feedback on Mega Sellers?

So today I was looking at a few Asian Sellers and noticed this. Is this "new" seems like I have never seen it before? Picture one, New Feedback button, picture 2, new window that opens up. Picture 3 actual feedback.Great way to fool Buyers. Seems the...

Seller wants to cancel but I suspect he wants to relist item for more money.

Ok, so I a few days ago I got a pretty good deal on an item. I immediately paid and heard nothing for 4 days. Now, out of the blue the seller is claiming the item is "out of stock". He's claiming it will be 3 months before he can get more in stock. S...

Buying a item

Does anyone have any bright ideas on contacting a seller, If nothing comes up on contacting the seller i have a couple of questions for them and I can't find anyway to get a hold of them. Tried detials tried other tries their page and contact. But no...

Item Marked Paid But I Don't Think I Paid

I won an auction the other day, but almost immediately after wining the seller sent me a message saying: "Hey this item is no" I have no idea what that is suppose to mean, so I asked what they meant. They replied: "Its stock is over" I still have no ...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

refund

hi. how long i have to waiting for refund? many, they are coming to pay pay account or bank account. thanks

Most Marked as Helpful Authors