cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR or SNAD?

I bought about ten books from a big seller. I didn't get two. I sent them a message on the 17th and they didn't respond. The eBay screens are conflicting and I don't want to open the wrong kind of case that eBay will auto close. On mobile, it shows as "Paid" and the seller needs to ship. On desktop, it shows delivered. It's not a lot of money, but Hey! I wanted to read those books. Which case should I open?

FullSizeRender.jpgsnip.PNG

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

INR or SNAD?

If you didn't get all of the books you purchased, you open a SNAD claim.

You will probably have to return the books you did receive, but seller will have to pay the return postage.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

INR or SNAD?

As chinohigh said, SNAD is correct.  INR is only when you receive absolutely nothing; even an empty box is SNAD.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

INR or SNAD?

hmm I guess I don't have that option on mobile 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

INR or SNAD?

When you choose Return, you should get the Not As Described option.

That's what the MBG does.  It makes you whole by allowing you to return the inaccurate order (if the seller wants it returned).   The wording up front could be better.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

INR or SNAD?

Thanks for all replies. So you guys are SURE i should do snad? It's ten individual listings and only two not sent. I got the eight books; just not the two.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

INR or SNAD?

But a sensible seller could also just ship the missing books, right?

Or make a partial refund for just those two?

If the buyer and seller are able to communicate politely and sensibly, this might be best handled without a Dispute, but keeping the Dispute in mind as a backup plan.

The first suggestion in any Dispute is that the unhappy buyer Contact the Seller.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

INR or SNAD?

Thanks for all replies. So you guys are SURE i should do snad?

Yes.  If you file INR and the seller enters the tracking number, the case will automatically close in his favor.  You should then be able to re-file as SNAD, but it just adds more steps to the process.

INR only works if there is no tracking number that shows delivery.

BTW, the other option is to not file either at this time and contact the seller via message and see if he'll just send the remaining books.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

INR or SNAD?

From your screenshot, it shows the item as "delivered" so an INR is not going to work.  

And I know you got 8 of them, but it's considered 1 transaction (as you made one payment?) so it's an all or nothing deal in eBay's eyes unless the seller offers a partial.

Had the seller responded to you in the past 8 days, they could've resolved this quickly with a partial.  If you open a SNAD, they will still have the option to offer a partial, but they could also require you to send all items back (on their dime) for a full refund.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

INR or SNAD?

Thanks again everyone for your input. Yes, i did send the seller a message and I would prefer they send me the missing books vs a refund. I opened a "return" case as missing parts or pieces. It was kinda scary because I chose the option that I wanted a "new" item instead of a refund and eBay threatened to charge my bank account. Wow. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

INR or SNAD?

An update, the seller gave me a refund for the two books. Thanks for the help.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply