Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

service after rhe sell

I bought a case for my cell phone, a few months afterwards the kick stand on the back broke. I contacted the seller and asked if I could get a replacement or if they khew whom I would need to contact about it. All they keep telling me is, its been to...

Australian scam seller I've got two false gold jewels.

Recently I've got two false jewels in my purchasing on Ebay site.These sellers are a different person.First purchased was 14k vintages white sapphire earrings.The second one is 14k vintages gold ring.First one was obviously false item it not real gol...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Deception about location of item. Listing says location is U.S., actually coming from Canada

I ordered a couple rolls of bubble wrap and thought that I would see speedy delivery as I have every time I've ordered this from multiple sellers. I needed it fairly quickly. The location of the item was listed as being in the United States. But afte...

Resolved! Highest bidder backing out?

Hello I am new to eBay so I don't know much, I just started a few days ago. I had an auction that was five days long, and every one of my other auctions were seven days long. I found out I had to leave town for an emergency when there were 2 days lef...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

A question about girtcards

Hello Backtrory:I want to buy a item from ebay but don't have a credit card.From what I understood I can use a girtcard with a paypal accout. my question is :If I buy a Visa/mastercard gift card,make a paypal accout and link the gift card to the payp...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

An Epidemic of SPAM after making an Ebay Purchase

After buying something on ebay, a flood of SPAM advertising starts showing up. It’s getting worse now, and I don’t like my personal information being utilized in this manner.

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller changed item after my purchase

I recently bought a plush that hasnt arrived yet. But the item Im listed as buying has now totally changed in my purchase list. It is not what I bought. What do I do?

When to file INR?

Here's the situation Buyer ships on his own volition and without my knowledge a semi expensive item(around 80 bucks, 100 with shipping) untracked. We both live in europe so items don't spent time in customs and arrive in a couple of days, a week max ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Accidentally bid on item from new seller (account created just for the listing in question). Scam?

I just placed a bid on a computer processor, reasonably priced, but not in the 'too good to be true' range. After bidding, I noticed that the user had 0 feedback and that the account was created specifically for the listing on which I bid (I got slop...

Feedback of a seller

I left negative feedback for a seller yesterday who said his shipper cannot find my house when t he item has not even shipped yet. The feeback brought his rating down a bit. I noticed he has new postiive feedback with no item number, no comment an no...

Live Auction bidding histories

Recently, a series of auctions in a live-auction format ran their course. Although I bookmarked a few things of interest, I had no intention of signing up for the auction or bidding on them because:The lots had multiple items and the descriptions wer...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Changes in category view ?

Hi. Is it just me of did ebay change how items are displayed in the category view?See left (old view) and right (new view).My problem is the missing date/time of the listing.It reduces the usefulness of the "Newly listed" feature and wastes time, sin...

old_ebay_view.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Search by delivery date!

Ebay users NEED to be able to search by delivery date! For many people this is sometimes the most important search criteria, above price and the other available options. PLEASE make it easy to do this!Yes I know the Asian sellers hate this, and I can...

Misrepresented product: Do not buy Ebay gift cards for family and friends!

The print is so small, it's worthy of a Better Business Bureau complaint. Do not purchase "Ebay" gift cards for your friends and family. "Paypal" has experienced numerous information breaches over the past couple of years. Family members who have dea...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors