Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Fraudulent buyer

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to eBay and the selling process; however, my daughter is an experienced seller that is helping me throughout the process so I am not completely clueless. I received a "best offer" today that exceeds the buy now price by 6...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

christmas ripoff

I got ripped for 150 bucks and a non working present for my wife at christmas thanks to ebays so called money back guarantee. i ordered a mixer for my wife for christmas she opened it a couple of days after christmas and it was broken they would do n...

How to deal with sellers that keep you waiting till you can not do anything anymore?

Yeah my stupid waiting to long for an Item to arrive after is got stuck. Seller kept telling me in will arrive just because of the Christmas busy time it is delay. Been asking for weeks to trace it for me as tracking was still usa tracking id and pos...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buying

I recently paid 475 dollars+10 dollars shipping for a graphics card a few days ago, but when I check ebay, it says that the listing was removed, but my paypal has not been refunded. The item says "We had to remove this listing from the site and you'r...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Exception for changing my address?

I won a bid, and then when I tried to change the address (it's for my mother in law in Scotland) it wouldn't let me, so I requested 'an exception from the seller.' The seller replied and said only, 'Yes.' But I still can't change the address. What do...

Listing removed, is this something to worry about?

On the 20th I bought a game console from a trustred seller. They have been a member on here for 18 years and I looked at their feedback and stuff they have sold and it all looked legitimate. I could tell they like games and movies and sell those and ...

Seller allowed to add shipping charge on his FREE Shipping listing after A BEST OFFER IS ACCEPTED!

OK, I am the BUYER in this situation. So there is a seller that has a bunch of "Buy it now/ Make an offer" listings that offer Free shipping BUT he has the following unique disclaimer at the very bottom of his listings in small font. ( I have never r...

• 76 replies
  • 3 helpful

Resolved! Didn't get order confirmation through e-mail while seller didn't send item in days

Hi. I'm not the most active eBay user, so, I'm kind of confused here and need some advice. First, I bought an item. Nothing special, a regular collectible stuff, about $100. The problem is - I didn't get confirmation from eBay on my e-mail. Which was...

Your Offer Expired

I just had an offer expire and ebay sends me a message that reads "How bad to you want it? Try making a higher offer!" To this tactic I have only one thing to say, "How bad do you want to sell it?" A Free Meal Always Comes with a Catch. Be Prepared.

maxresdefault[1].jpg
User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 27 replies
  • 5 helpful

Overseas sellers listing as if from the UK........

How is it possible for overseas sellers to list items, saying they are posting from the UK, when clearly they are not in the UK. Very frustrating, you search for something UK only, buy item, saying will be delivered in 2 days, then the seller moves t...

No option to ask ebay to step in

I purchased a iphone on Jan 1 and then in March the owner reported stolen phone and my phone was blacklisted. I was able to return the phone to the original owner on ebay, but then I did not recieve refund after more than a week. Ebay emails me sayin...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Fake Sellers

I saw few listing and I think its a fake seller, but the seller actually has a pretty good feedback and ratings. The item I saw was a GPU GTX 1080ti its usually over $1000 and thses sellers are selling for under $200 as brand new for 30 days time. Bu...

Are China cosmetics bad for you

Chinese sellers have been selling so much makeup for really cheap. It’s like $2 for a whole eyeshadow pallet or even .79 cent for a lipgloss, 98 cent for eyeliner and they have at least 20,000 sold on a lot of these items. I’ve bought some before and...

Seeking Buying Advice - Gold

Not sure why, but I'm considering a small gold chain, around 10 inches or so. Just one of those things I guess, but not something I've done before. Purity is not a major consideration as long as it's durable, doesn't discolor or react with skin, wate...

account restricted

Just found out that My account has a restriction on it. How do I get it removed.. thx

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors