cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Sellers

I saw few listing and I think its a fake seller, but the seller actually has a pretty good feedback and ratings. The item I saw was a GPU GTX 1080ti its usually over $1000 and thses sellers are selling for under $200 as brand new for 30 days time. Buyers are watching but ain't buying. What if I bought it and never recive the item or recive only the box or whatever! will ebay still grantee for my money? I did file a report on this seller. I need some advise becoz I worked hard to earn this money..

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Fake Sellers

You bought from a hacked account and yes you will get your money back. Ask eBay step in as soon as you can—usually 4 business days after the case was opened. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Fake Sellers

@2013lkrazma,

Were you never told, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is?   You will be scammed by the listings I've found in the $200 and less price range. Then your money will be tied up until a refund is processed. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Fake Sellers

Not a chance that is real, you should have ran the other direction.  That being said, open a case now, get your money back.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Fake Sellers

They have been running the same scam on craigslist

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Fake Sellers

@2013lkrazmawrote:

I saw few listing and I think its a fake seller, but the seller actually has a pretty good feedback and ratings. The item I saw was a GPU GTX 1080ti its usually over $1000 and thses sellers are selling for under $200 as brand new for 30 days time. Buyers are watching but ain't buying. What if I bought it and never recive the item or recive only the box or whatever! will ebay still grantee for my money? I did file a report on this seller. I need some advise becoz I worked hard to earn this money..

If you think there is a problem with it, why would you think about buying from them?

It's probably a hacked account and the hacker listed it hoping to steal someones money.

Have a great day.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Fake Sellers

They're not fake sellers.

They're real ebay sellers but with a hacked account.  The seller could have a million 100% positive FB, it's meaningless if it's for a hacked account.

Did your really need to ask if this is a legit item for sale?  The fact you filed a report on the seller tells me, no, you obviously didn't.

In the end, if you don't mind having your $200 tied up for a week waiting for the dispute and refund process to play out, longer if the thief says they shipped the item, go ahead and buy it, you're free to do whatever you want with your own money and time.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply