cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't get order confirmation through e-mail while seller didn't send item in days

Hi. I'm not the most active eBay user, so, I'm kind of confused here and need some advice. First, I bought an item. Nothing special, a regular collectible stuff, about $100. The problem is - I didn't get confirmation from eBay on my e-mail. Which was kinda weird, since I used to get those all the time. PayPal, on the other hand, took my money and sent me confirmation as usual. So, I thought that everything's OK. I mean, PayPal took my money, the item is listed in my purchases on eBay as usual, seller has 800+ positive votes this year with 99.6% positive feedback, nothing looks wrong, etc.

The problem is - almost five days have passed already and seller still didn't send my item. So, I can't help but wonder. Is that OK? I mean, it's almost five days now and there's neither confirmation from eBay, or any sign of the activity from the seller... Kind of weird combo, don't you think? So... What should I do? Is it normal and I'm just a bit unlucky at this point? Should I just wait as usual until the end of the estimated delivery time, or should I contact the seller? Don't want to bother anyone with no reason, but also can't help but worry. Especially since I've got confirmation mail for both items I bought before and after this case. So... any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Didn't get order confirmation through e-mail while seller didn't send item in days

sellers aren’t required to mark items shipped and upload tracking so it’s possible the seller has shipped. Are you sure you were logged into your eBay account when you made the purchase? I would contact the seller now, just to make sure your order went through. eBay checkout is glitchy. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

sellers aren’t required to mark items shipped and upload tracking so it’s possible the seller has shipped. Are you sure you were logged into your eBay account when you made the purchase? I would contact the seller now, just to make sure your order went through. eBay checkout is glitchy. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yes, I'm sure that I was logged in. The item is listed in my profile with all other purchases and I used that new "one click" PayPal payment method on eBay. Which I'm pretty sure requires you to be logged in. So... in this matter I'm pretty confident. Will contact seller and ask then, thanks for the advice.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply