Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Feedback

It looks like eBay needs to find a way to help buyers and seller post feedback! I, like many others, have tried to get feedback and buyers just ignore it when the receive the items they purchased. Problem: Not a true over view of a seller or buyer. S...

Purchase of coin from ebay

I purchased a coin from ebay seller for $300.00, plus shipping, three weeks ago. PayPal took $300.00 plus shipping from my account immediately to pay for the transaction. I agreed and properly accept this. Seller apparently has a physical store, as w...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tyring to figure out if these are authentic

I bought a pair of somewhat cheap "authentic" Ray Bans and they just came in the mail. I've searched online and found several websites referring to what to look for, and they are very similar. I do have some concerns, however. I'm not not many of you...

eBay Policy if Seller refuses to sell after auction

Is it in line with eBay sellers policy if the seller decides after you win the auction that the price is not high enough and they are resisting? I searched the item again and it was already reposted before I have been refunded (still waiting) - and i...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 28 replies
  • 1 helpful

Price of item way too low

Hey there!I'm watching an item that usually is like 20x the price it's been listed at.Should I buy it ?The seller wasn't active for more than 6 months and all of a sudden listed a few amazing discounts, which does seem like a red flag.

Credit card transaction processed as wire transfer

I checked with my credit card company after a $1720 transaction as I saw that the credit card charge was put through as a wire transfer from paypal where I was charged a cash advance fee plus extra interest. Neither the credit card company nor paypal...

Ebay glitch -- shipping not showing

I'm surfing ebay on my desktop, looking for upholstery fabric. Usually you get an idea of what a seller will charge to ship from the list, even if it's wildly off (I've found several bargains where what was displayed in the list as shipping was off b...

Options - Need Your thoughts on the matter - New Seller - No Response - Pending Payment

Okay - this is a different issue for me. It's a new sellerNo seller response for 4 daysBought a BIN - Only in my Account it shows NOT PAIDBought through Paypal - in Paypal it shows Payment Pending1) I am not sure if this person has a Paypal account -...

User avatar by Guide
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Illegal activity?

Hi I'm currently the high bidder on an item for sale in an private auction that ends in about 6 hours. I was just glancing at the bids and noticed something very strange and very, very suspect. Someone bid on the item. That person exceeded my maximum...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBbay Bucks - Really Come On

You know I shop less and less on here and the silly eBay bucks thing drives me nuts. Please put it back to the way it was long ago, this whole expiring bucks thing is so "cheesy and cheap." It reminds me of **bleep** coupons and retailers that give y...

Regarding returns and sellers attitude

Is it just me or do many sellers seem to have a return policy only because it will place them higher in best match, but they have no intention of honoring the return policy. I recently bought a part for my motorcycle. When it arrived I realized I had...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

seller cancelled and said it because I requested--I DID NOT

I ordered a hand truck last week. A few days later, the seller cancelled the order. I messaged back and asked why. I was given a story of being in the hospital and can't ship. The message told me to go to the Home Depot site, purchase it, and have it...

Resolved! Sellers getting snottier, and I'm worried

Since the beginning of the year, I've had what I consider to be a run of bad luck with sellers. Despite vetting fairly carefully (checking feedback, location, etc.):1. Chinese seller refused to ship a BIN, wouldn't refund until ebay made them, then p...

How do I report a buyer to ebay for fraudlent listings?

I paid for a new item, and seller sent a defective used version of same item. After reading his feedback it seems he is doing this to multiple people. Is there a way to report him to ebay. The seller has a good rating because of random cheap items he...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors