cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report price gouging?

How do I report hand sanitizer being sold for insane prices? 

Message 1 of 304
latest reply
303 REPLIES 303

Re: How do I report price gouging?

**bleep** u its illegal what do u mean u dont!!?!??!

Message 271 of 304
latest reply

Thank you for your information.  I got taken on toilet paper and I tried to cancel two hours later and 'supergame-us' will not cancel order; his reply was 'will send you tracking order when updated'.  Any ideas what I should do?

Message 272 of 304
latest reply

Explain that you are going to report them to your state and the seller's state attorney general consumer affairs division for price gouging.  That will get their attention.  If they still ship it, you now have an even stronger case, your communication (copy yourself on the message in ebay) and then you have the transaction and their address.  The attorney general forms are very simple to get the ball rolling.  In those I have reported I've spoken with the office, explained my observations and the state AG offices are making this a big priority, I think I saw a report that over 6000 complaints had been filed in 1 state. Amazon shut their clowns down, Walmart online as well.  Ebay.... well lets just say they let this barn of animals run free for a few weeks and still people are trying to list and hope they sell before getting pulled.  

Message 273 of 304
latest reply

Thermometers are being price gauged as well. 

Message 274 of 304
latest reply

Except if it's a banned item or restricted
Message 275 of 304
latest reply

did that a number of times it tells me the item number is not correct ...it do not work.

Message 276 of 304
latest reply

it do not work...…………………..

Message 277 of 304
latest reply

You can buy a roll, use it then return for a refund. Of course eBay will be on your side there usually...just saying.

Message 278 of 304
latest reply

That’s not true. eBay has a price gouging on the report item now.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 279 of 304
latest reply

Fyi price gouging can bring criminal charges if reported to officials where it is a crime.
And eBay is encouraging reporting price gougers of critical medical supplies and other critical needed items.
Message 280 of 304
latest reply

They already are my boss did.
Message 281 of 304
latest reply

A few things that I've noticed

The gougers are now using different categories and some do not offer a "price gouging" option.  Those who report they can't report gouging this is why, ebay is not offering price gouging options in other categories you wouldn't expect to see this issue.

When this happens just pick some reasons like illegal or prohibitive items, ebay can see what they are doing

Ebay claims they are taking down these gouging listings but today just search toilet paper and "sold" items and you will see all kinds that are selling still.  Ebay should be stopping anything with key words charmin, cottonelle etc.  Now it seems thermometers are the next wave of abuse and tylenol.  50 dollar braun thermometer going for 150 all day. 

Message 282 of 304
latest reply

Wisconsin Selling, or offering to sell, in this state at wholesale or at retail, consumer goods or services at unreasonably excessive prices after an emergency declaration (15% higher than the average price immediately prior to the declaration) Civil penalty of up to $10,000 and/or permanent injunction against the seller's actions. *Wisconson had declared a state of emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic. DO NOT BUY FROM ambrea04. They are price gouging on Formula 409 $137.
Message 283 of 304
latest reply

The Ohio Attorney General Office already sent an inquiry about ebay's problem.  This was received to them on the 30th about my inquiry with the gougers:

laserprinterkits_0-1585764264331.png

Message 284 of 304
latest reply

It's completely useless reporting the price gouging the way eBay set it up. All you're able to do is report each individual item and by the time eBay does anything about that sale the seller already got the money anyways and has multiple other auctions/sales going at the same time and his store selling the same merchandise and getting away with it. eBay is doing it that way because they're making millions and millions of dollars from it. eBay should have made it where you can report the seller instead of just their individual items. There is no possible way that eBay is employing enough staff the do anything about the millions and millions of individual auctions and never will. The federal government should suspend eBay for a week to start with.

Message 285 of 304
latest reply