Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sales tax on gold and silver bullion

I noticed ebay is charging sales tax on bullion, I live in California and there is an exemption for gold and silver bullion orders over 1500$ and I'm being charged 9% sales tax and ebay's support does not help. I think this is illigal anyone have any...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer feedback removal and calling ebay

I sold a pair of NEW, never worn shoes on Ebay recently and the listing clearly stated no returns. The buyer contacted me about returning the shoes because they didn't fit and I reminded her of the no return policy. To be vengeful, she left a negativ...

Ebay is going downhill!

Purchased 5 items. 4 orders out of the 5 had problems. Remembered when Ebay made sure sellers were accountable. Seriously, what happened to that quality assurance. Now besides the hassle of returning items or for orders that were not as described, or...

• 5 replies
  • 1 helpful

eBay removed my feedback

A seller first ignored my request to cancel an order (which I made less than 15 minutes after I placed the order), sent the order anyway, and then refused to engage me on return, even though 'free rerturns' was listed on his site. He even told me "ca...

• 18 replies
  • 1 helpful

Missing part of my refund.

I was buying a laptop. I bid and eventually won. The total was 655.23. The seller wanted me to pay through venmo, of which I declined since I had already paid through ebay. I eventually get my refund from the seller, but only received 599.21. Under o...

phone purchase

I purchased a phone when it arrived it had a cracked screen. I took a picture and kept it in the box been trying to send it back for 3 weeks. Even thought i provided Ebay every number from item ID to order number and even tracking number EBAY says Th...

Return item, can't upload photo from PC or iphone

Purchased an item, the description stated L. The item received was a XS. Contacted seller but no response. The seller also wont accept returns. I'm trying to upload a photo in returns and can't do it from my downloads using a PC or iphone.

Ebay is a fraud

I purchased 2 items on the same order, and I also had to pay customs duties on both of them at the post office. I discovered right away that one item has the proper box, but what was inside did not meet the description posted on Ebay. The seller refu...

Brief rant: The "private" offers are not "private." Not exclusive.

Words have meaning, and that "a few other interested buyers also received this offer" - so I'd better hurry up and buy the item - it's just gotten to be too much. This is not "private." And usually, the seller had nothing to do with it. aaaargh

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! eBay is becoming the best place for scam sellers

I have been buying on eBay for many years, but in the last 2 months alone I have lost over $200 due to fraudulent sellers. The last time the seller provided me with a tracking number for a package that was already on the way at the time of my order, ...

The Last Bid

The high bid on a product was ten dollars. At the last second, I bid $20. I won but was only charged $10.50. Not that I'm complaining but why did they charge less?

User avatar by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors