cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing part of my refund.

I was buying a laptop. I bid and eventually won. The total was 655.23. The seller wanted me to pay through venmo, of which I declined since I had already paid through ebay. I eventually get my refund from the seller, but only received 599.21. Under order details, it still shows I paid 56.02. Where is that money going, and why did I not receive the full amount?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

If it was sales tax, Ebay will take care of it.

You need to report the seller for wanting to take the transaction off of Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Have a great day
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Where is that money going, and why did I not receive the full amount?

@armyknight 

Could it be that the seller offers 'No Returns', but treated this as a remorse case, where you'd pay return shipping?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@armyknight wrote:

I eventually get my refund from the seller, but only received 599.21. Under order details, it still shows I paid 56.02.

Where is that money going, and why did I not receive the full amount? 

It was not sales tax, and eBay will not be covering the rest of your refund.

Instead start a refund request (click More action > I don't get any) if it's still allowed.

But if it's no longer available because you're been "refunded" then file an Item Not Received dispute here if that's how you paid, and wait up to 5 days for the rest of your refund.

Otherwise @armyknight file a Goods Not Received chargeback with your card issuer, to get the remainder of your refund.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@armyknight wrote:

I was buying a laptop. I bid and eventually won. The total was 655.23. The seller wanted me to pay through venmo, of which I declined since I had already paid through ebay. I eventually get my refund from the seller, but only received 599.21. Under order details, it still shows I paid 56.02. Where is that money going, and why did I not receive the full amount?

@armyknight 

Did the seller ship the laptop? 
Did you receive it? 

Did the seller ship it? 
Is there tracking? 

If you didn't receive it, go to the order and in the dropdown box, click that you didn't receive your item. 

The seller will have to respond with tracking and if the seller doesn't respond, there isn't any tracking or if tracking doesn't show delivery, you can go back to the case and ask ebay to step in. They will issue a refund of the balance of your payment that wasn't already refunded.

You can also leave appropriate feedback for the seller. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Nothing was shipped at all.

I purchased the item through ebay. They wanted me to use venmo. I said no and asked for a refund. I got only most of my refund.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@armyknight wrote:

I purchased the item through ebay. They wanted me to use venmo. I said no and asked for a refund. I got only most of my refund.

@armyknight 

^^^ This is messed up. What was the listing number, so that we can eyeball it?  👀

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@armyknight wrote:

For clarification, you did pay through ebay and through the order, right? What does the order show as the estimated delivery date? If that date has passed, go back to the order and open INR. 

I'd like to see the item number to look at the item and handling time.

BTW, I'm so glad you didn't fall for the Venmo scam attempt.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Yes, it was all paid through ebay.
The order originally showed the 8th as the estimated delivery date, however it has since disappeared since it was partially refunded.
126454287331 is the item number.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Don't believe you have mentioned whether or not you opened an item not received case.

If the original listing showed the estimated delivery date as May 8th, it's hard to understand why you would have been able to open any kind of a case at all.  

Are we missing some details? 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Contact eBay for Business on Facebook. Let them know exactly what happened. That sellers account looks a bit sketchy to me.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply