cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing sells on eBay anymore what's up with that !

I remember when things used to get bids on eBay . Now nothing sells that I put up there unless it's so cheap I make nothing then all the fee's it just not worth bothering . Swap meet seems a better option at this point . Anyone else having same issues ?
Message 1 of 267
latest reply
266 REPLIES 266

Re: Nothing sells on eBay anymore what's up with that !

I sell Gymboree clothing, or used to before everything quit selling.  I look at completed listings 200 at a time and I find maybe 1 item out of 200 that all sellers combined sold.  This is a REAL thing.  Something has changed.  Like many sellers ( I am a Top seller) I have thousands of dollars in inventory and no longer a method to sell it.  If I stated out loud, the number of hours I have spent on listing and the amount of money I lost, people would think I am out of my mind.  I am not sure I am out of my mind, but I am feeling desperate so keep trying with good pictures, copy and prices, but nothing has worked.

Message 76 of 267
latest reply

Maybe when saying things aren't selling anymore, posters should mention what they sell. I know for a fact that other sellers of what I sell (Gymboree items) are in the same boat as I am except perhaps for Ebay's top sellers in volume who must be getting more exposure. While I am supposed to be getting better exposure both because I am a top seller and because I pay extra to promote my items, I sell about one item a week or less so I will be losing my seller status soon too after a decade of selling on Ebay. I listed 161 items in Dec, and sold about 5.
Message 77 of 267
latest reply

Another eBay employee response

Message 78 of 267
latest reply

1  year later just as bad  as it was last no sales any more I think it may be time to quit selling  on Ebay.Toomuch work for the little bit of money i make I am losing a lot more than i make.

Message 79 of 267
latest reply

@notaswarm wrote:

Can you please tell eBay to send me my paycheck? 😂

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 80 of 267
latest reply

@angieandbill wrote:

1  year later just as bad  as it was last no sales any more I think it may be time to quit selling  on Ebay.Toomuch work for the little bit of money i make I am losing a lot more than i make.

How much work is it to list 6 or 7 items per month? And 14 of your 20 items sold, so if you’re losing money, it’s a business plan issue.

Message 81 of 267
latest reply

@notaswarm wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

@notaswarm  You are a new poster ~  FYI, so you won't embarrass yourself in future posts, eBay employees all have an eBay logo at the end of their posts and also the word "eBay" in their user name ID or the word "staff" to denote their eBay status!

by scene.of.the.crop · Staff  | Updated  by trinton@ebay  

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 82 of 267
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

@notaswarm wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

@notaswarm  You are a new poster ~  FYI, so you won't embarrass yourself in future posts, eBay employees all have an eBay logo at the end of their posts and also the word "eBay" in their user name ID or the word "staff" to denote their eBay status!

by scene.of.the.crop · Staff  | Updated  by trinton@ebay  

...And these posts are few and far between. There simply aren't many paid ebay staff available to answer everything. They rely on volunteers. Some have been on the forums practically constantly for years, and I doubt anyone has been employed by for that long. Not someone getting paid to sit in forums!

Think about it. Ebay is notoriously tight-fisted. You really think they would pay us? Does this sound like an employee resonse?

Message 83 of 267
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
What's a swap meet?

Merry Christmas.

This was “my eBay employee” from 2015 😂

that they are responding to, if the boards took me to the correct post. 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 84 of 267
latest reply

Sure. And shill bidding doesn't exist and selling fees are low.

Message 85 of 267
latest reply

you hit the nail on the head
Message 86 of 267
latest reply

You do know what they say when you ASSume something, don't you?
Message 87 of 267
latest reply

yes ebay has ruined itself. high fees, turned off sellers, so a lot left. it's a has been site just like craigslist.

Message 88 of 267
latest reply

@tangerineorangewrote:

yes ebay has ruined itself. high fees, turned off sellers, so a lot left. it's a has been site just like craigslist.

Right, a "has been" site where nearly $100 billion of merchandise was sold last year.

Just because you can't make it work ...

Message 89 of 267
latest reply

1. Yes it is terrible anymore all the great updates n nothing sells Fees for nothing
Message 90 of 267
latest reply