cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing sells on eBay anymore what's up with that !

I remember when things used to get bids on eBay . Now nothing sells that I put up there unless it's so cheap I make nothing then all the fee's it just not worth bothering . Swap meet seems a better option at this point . Anyone else having same issues ?
Message 1 of 267
latest reply
266 REPLIES 266

By the way, your feedback looks great, you're obviously doing some things very well. 

Message 256 of 267
latest reply

I find most things on eBay are too expensive.  I always check Amazon and eBay and for the last several years Amazon has had by far the best prices on what I was looking for.  I am not really an Amazon fan because of their politics and eBay is just as bad so I just go with the best price and Amazon will let you return most things easily, not so with eBay.  I find I am using eBay less and less.

Message 257 of 267
latest reply

I was selling on Ebay for years...had very little trouble getting pretty decent prices on various items. I stopped for maybe 3 years and just recently got back into selling. It's a whole new game...items I thought would sell within a few weeks I can't give away...I continue to lower my asking prices and still very little selling. I'm almost at the point where what I have left will be at break even prices after fees. Not worth the hassle anymore. May just do yard sales every other week at this point. 

Message 258 of 267
latest reply

Message 259 of 267
latest reply

ebay has plummeted downhill this past few years.... fees are ridiculous, and paying tax on an item you buy second hand was rightly.... very unpopular.

I have bought an atv, a car, high end tech stuff etc on ebay in the past. Now I dont bother unless its something I cant find anywhere else.

Generally I can find items cheaper elsewhere..... I mean, people are asking $1,300 for an unlocked pixel 6 pro... when you can get one for 899 direct from google.

Its crazy

Message 260 of 267
latest reply

People who list stuff like the Pixel phones (I'm on an old Pixel 3aXL, GREAT phones!) for those prices are only doing it hoping to find a sucker who will be willing to fork out that kind of money because the phones are in high demand and a lot of retailers are out of them at the moment.  I've been look at the Pixel 6 myself, but I think I'm going to keep my 3aXL for now and wait for the demand to drop off just a little bit.  No sense in overpaying.  But yeah, there are a LOT of people who list stuff at insane prices just to hope there's a sucker out there somewhere who might be willing to pay it.

Message 261 of 267
latest reply

You may list your item(s) at a fair price but when you ask shipping at 200, 300, 500% above a reasonable cost, buyers will offer you a very low price to compensate for your greediness.  

Message 262 of 267
latest reply

Hi,
we are a Wholesale of kids' bedding licensed from Disney and other brands from Israel. we like to offer a dropshipping option for eBay sellers and Amazon as we. for more info please email us back.

Thanks

Baby Bedding Design

Message 263 of 267
latest reply

Most people provided most of the answers, but the main addition I'll make is that it seems very cyclical.  Also, we had the bubble of online sales last year, don't compare against that, I feel after the Christmas season, we're back to normal.  Don't fall for the trap of lowering prices to stimulate demand, unless you're priced too high with a lot of competition, many things you just gotta wait - and do get a grasp of shipping costs in advance, they are burning many more people than just me.  Rates are up and items are heavy.  There is also so much platform competition now: Poshmark, Mercari, Bonanza, Craigslist, OfferUp...of course they all suck.   

Message 264 of 267
latest reply

NO ONE HAS $$$$ TO PAY FOR OVER PRICED IDEAMS PLUS NEVER EVER BUY A NO RETURNS THE PICTURES LOOK GOOD THE IDEAM IS NOT THE SAME AS THE PICTURES PLUS EBAY IS RAN BY PHILIPPINES FOR $2 A HOUR,EBAY WILL LET YOU SELL ANYTHING PLUS THE SELLER IS CHARGED 12% PLUS SHIPPING PLUS MOST SALES FOR SOME STUFF IS SOMEONE ELSE'S JUNK 

Message 265 of 267
latest reply

I used to go to ebay for bargains, but now  is just regular price  that I can get locally, so I dont bother anymore to look example tires for  my s10 truck prices are the same locally than ebay so why bother. thanks any way for your input. Victor

Message 266 of 267
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 267 of 267
latest reply