cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay stole my money

Well, this is a good forum that is new to me.  Ebay is going downhill so fast.  I'm done with blaming the economy and will blame at least as much on Americans, but ebay is reallysucking by their overzealous catering of buyers, now I'm out $130 AND the item!

I sent a camera part to Japan because I've had success smelling out rats and shipping overseas.  It came back, in pieces and a complaint about 'item not as described' - WTF?  They disassembled it.  So, then I'm sitting n a destroyed $100 item.  Ebay goes and refunds their complete money order, including overseas shipping.  I've complained over and over and just get standard replies.

I WARN ALL PART-TIME SELLERS.   Ebay is not looking out for you.  I trust no buyers or ebay or Paypal now and will only sell junk I don't care about or has no complexity (ability to be wrecked or dismantled).

Message 1 of 91
latest reply
90 REPLIES 90

Re: Ebay stole my money

Except that by clicking on the eBay user agreement, you legally signed a contract that you agree NOT to sue them like that, so you have no grounds for a suit.
Message 76 of 91
latest reply

Well you can add me to the list. Sent an item out and paid postage of $11.55. I have the receipt for it. Get my paypal statement and it shows being charged $14.96. Call pay pal and they say that is the amount that ebay charged to them. So call feebay and they tell me they have no record of it. So paypal says it is on ebays end and ebay says it is on paypals  end. one of both of these are crooks and will nickle and dime you  and out right steal from you and you have no recourse other the this.

Message 77 of 91
latest reply

@mybackattic wrote:

Well you can add me to the list. Sent an item out and paid postage of $11.55. I have the receipt for it. Get my paypal statement and it shows being charged $14.96. Call pay pal and they say that is the amount that ebay charged to them. So call feebay and they tell me they have no record of it. So paypal says it is on ebays end and ebay says it is on paypals  end. one of both of these are crooks and will nickle and dime you  and out right steal from you and you have no recourse other the this.

If you would care to give us some more information, such as what you sold and how much it sold for, and whether you bought postage through eBay/Paypal or at the post office, we might be able to help you figure out what actually happened.  I've been here since 1999 and have never been mischarged for anything or overcharged.  Not saying it can't happen, but the fees for selling vary now, depending on what category you had your item listed in... Anyway, there are people here who would be glad to give you some insight if you wish to share some more info with us.

Message 78 of 91
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

eBay just stole $165 from me because a buyer contacted ME about items in the 'background' of a listing I had. They assume, since I took the item off (I decided to keep it since it was my last striping machine) I sold it off eBay. I still have the item, offered to take a picture date/time stamped in my garage, relist the item yet they still say 'It appears you sold this item off eBay'. If I sold it, I couldn't relist it (legally) and sell it, collect money and deliver the item. That would be 'FRAUD' and since I have the item, willing to relist and deliver it EBAY still stole $165 from me! They KNOW this but have washed their dirty criminal hands of the situation. TRUTH means nothing to them, they just want to steal people's money! I'm 63 and am not going to 'underhandedly' sell an item off eBay with a record of 300 feedbacks 100%. eBay has turned into an "EXTORTION" company and they need to be held accountable!! I'm sure eBay will explain this with "we investigated and found it 'appeared' you had a transaction"....Guilty by APPEARANCE!! eBay should be proud!

Message 79 of 91
latest reply

If you spoke to a CSR and they told you that, call again, you will probably get a different answer.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 80 of 91
latest reply

Want get my money back that somebody stole off gift cards amount is $1,830.00 dollars
Message 81 of 91
latest reply

very much the wrong place for this. you're reviving an old/dead thread and the community forums can't really assist you with this sort of thing. contact the customer service of whatever company issued the gift cards
Message 82 of 91
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2012!

Best to start own thread to discuss your current issue/problem

Message 83 of 91
latest reply

I AM EXPOSING EBAY ON THE TOPIC YOU SPEAK OF, THEY STEAL MONEY INSTANTLY WHEN YOU BUY AN ITEM. THEN THEY QUICKLY SAY ITEM HAS SHIPPED AND GIVE YOU A POTENTIAL DELIVERY DATE, BUT THAT DATE IS CONTROLLED BY EBAY, SO SAYS THE MERCHANT, AND THIS IS WHERE I CALL ALL MERCHANTS ON EBAY LIARS ALONG WITH EBAY ALLOWING CRIMES, THEFT.I AM JOANIE KNIBBE AND AS BOOKLOTTO.
Message 84 of 91
latest reply

EBAY SENT ME A MESSAGE THAT A SCAMMER WAS POSING AS SOMEONE TO COMMIT FRAUD ON EBAY SO THEY TOOK DOWN MY LISTING BECAUSE HE  CLICKED THE BUTTON TO BUY MY ITEM AND SECONDS LATER EBAY  SENT ME A BILL FOR SELLER FEES. I HAVE A FEELING EBAY  WAS POSING AS THE SCAMMER.

Message 85 of 91
latest reply

@kiticheno0  I am replying to your post then I am going to ask the moderator to lock the this thread so if you want to comment back to me click on my user ID and then select MESSAGE ME from the right hand side of the screen.  

Ebay did not steal your money, it sounds like your account was hacked and you have to take some steps to secure your account and get the sellers fees back.

You will call ebay in step 6. 

#1 Run a full scan with your virus software to remove any spyware from your computer.

#2 Go to my ebay> account> addresses and make sure that all information is correct including your cell phone number and registered email

https://accountsettings.ebay.com/uas/addresses

#3 My ebay> account> communication prefrences> delivery options make sure that ALL of the email addresses are correct.

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextNotificationPreferences&ssPage...

#4 Change your passwords and secret questions. My ebay> account> sign in and security

https://accounts.ebay.com/acctsec/security-center

#5 Secure your PayPal and email accounts. Change the passwords and secret questions. Be sure to use different passwords and secret questions on eBay, your email, and PayPal. Do not use these passwords on any other account.

#5  If you allowed "quicker checkout" on eBay or other websites (not recommended) you can disable that by logging in to PayPal, then click the gear symbol ⚙ (top right). Click the Security tab, then Auto login at checkout > Update, then disable auto-login for all devices > save the settings

#6 Calling is the only way to report hacked accounts for security reasons.

IF you are outside the US or Canada you will need to use Skype to call.
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/fa10613/how-do-i-make-a-call-on-skype

Select call us from the bottom of this page: 
https://www.ebay.com/help/account/protecting-account/get-help-hacked-account?id=4196&st=2&pos=1&quer...

Ask them to check for any other active sessions and to end them all, this is VERY important as it will sign the hacker out of they are using the stay signed in option.

This is where you can ask eBay to remove any transactions from your account and refund your money. Be sure to ask for a credit for sellers fees if the hacker used your account to sell any items.

#7 If you are a seller then be sure to check the email address on any listings as hackers will often change this so that funds from sales go to their paypal account and not yours.

#8 For extra protection consider turning on two-step verification.  It's towards the bottom of this page:
https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPersonalInfo&gbh=1&ssPageName=STRK:ME:...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 86 of 91
latest reply

@booklotto wrote:
I AM EXPOSING EBAY ON THE TOPIC YOU SPEAK OF, THEY STEAL MONEY INSTANTLY WHEN YOU BUY AN ITEM. THEN THEY QUICKLY SAY ITEM HAS SHIPPED AND GIVE YOU A POTENTIAL DELIVERY DATE, BUT THAT DATE IS CONTROLLED BY EBAY, SO SAYS THE MERCHANT, AND THIS IS WHERE I CALL ALL MERCHANTS ON EBAY LIARS ALONG WITH EBAY ALLOWING CRIMES, THEFT.I AM JOANIE KNIBBE AND AS BOOKLOTTO.

I have a buyer ID and a seller ID.  I've been on eBay since 1999, and I have never once had that experience.  I have literally THOUSANDS of transactions under my belt as a seller, and over 500 as a buyer.  As far as potential delivery date, as a seller I can tell you that that is a projected date that IS ACTUALLY generated by eBay and not by the seller or the shipper.  Sellers are required to ship within a certain number of days, depending on the seller's terms.  Sellers have ZERO control over projected delivery date, that's just an estimate and nothing more.  Your merchant was NOT lying to you.  How exactly does eBay steal money from you if you are voluntarily BUYING an item?  That transaction is voluntary on your part, and is between you and the seller.  All eBay does is collect their fees every month from the seller.  The money is instantly in the merchant's paypal account, or at least that's how it is for me.  Your ACTUAL projected delivery date is whatever the item tracking tells you after you get your tracking number for your package.  Having said that, I have friends who work for UPS, FedEx, USPS, and DHL, and every one of them are telling me that it's busier than Christmas season right now for them, so the shippers are running behind.  I have a friend who has a subscription to one of those meal delivery services, where they ship you all the ingredients to make a meal, and UPS has been so far behind that they have had to drop their subscription to the company because they've had perishables in their shipments that had spoiled by the time their packages arrived.  Everything is crazy right now when it comes to buying/selling/shipping anything, and all you can do is have a little patience.  Getting on a forum and yelling by typing in all-caps is not going to move your package any faster.  Hang in there.  Hopefully whatever it is you bought will eventually get to you, if you even bought anything, since you gave us exactly ZERO information in that regard. 

What did you buy?  Did you get a tracking number?  Did you check the tracking number?  Was your seller in the same country as you or where they out of country?  These are all things you could have given us to help us help you out.... if you actually wanted help.  But, this is a sellers' forum, so venting to sellers and calling us all liars is not going to help your cred any if you don't do anything to make your case, like giving us specifics.

Message 87 of 91
latest reply

ebay did the same to me exept i didnt get the product back and my account was suspended for whatever reason

Message 88 of 91
latest reply

eBay stole my money too but i use privacy.com and stopped Ebay from charging me any furder.
privacy.com act like a limit spent allowed such as eBay charge you fees you can add a virtual credit card with privacy and stop future transaction its that simple
Message 89 of 91
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2012!

Responding to an old thread is not always a good idea...

Best to start own thread to discuss your current issue/problem so that any new information will be more relevant.

Message 90 of 91
latest reply