cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay stole my money

Well, this is a good forum that is new to me.  Ebay is going downhill so fast.  I'm done with blaming the economy and will blame at least as much on Americans, but ebay is reallysucking by their overzealous catering of buyers, now I'm out $130 AND the item!

I sent a camera part to Japan because I've had success smelling out rats and shipping overseas.  It came back, in pieces and a complaint about 'item not as described' - WTF?  They disassembled it.  So, then I'm sitting n a destroyed $100 item.  Ebay goes and refunds their complete money order, including overseas shipping.  I've complained over and over and just get standard replies.

I WARN ALL PART-TIME SELLERS.   Ebay is not looking out for you.  I trust no buyers or ebay or Paypal now and will only sell junk I don't care about or has no complexity (ability to be wrecked or dismantled).

Message 1 of 91
latest reply
90 REPLIES 90

Ebay stole my money

Hi my friend and welcome....just to clarify....your japanese buyer stole your money....not eBay.

Electronics & items such as cameras/ipods are the #1 most scammed and filed SNADS on eBay. If you sell them here...be prepared to lose them here. Especially with international buyers. Sorry this happened to you.

If "junk" is what you wanna sell...then Godspeed my friend..;-) There are good buyers out there....most of them!

Message 2 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

liminey
Enthusiast

I feel ya man. Ebay stole money from me stating it was "seller fees" Ive never sold anything. Took a month to have the funds returned (Im still wsiting.) and no less tham 12h on the phone with Ebay a truly horrid support expirence. On the phone I was well asured that since Ebay was at fault the large over draft fees caused when they took the money from my account without my permission over drafted my account and bounced my bills. Now the write that they will not pay for the dammage they caused. They said I need to have the bank return that ammount. The bank didnt do anything wrong. Merry Christmas Ebay, I will be eating the fees that Ebay caused by stealing from me. 

Message 3 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

I feel ya man. Ebay stole money from me stating it was "seller fees" Ive never sold anything. 

1. Log in to your PayPal account.

2. Click the My Account tab.

3. Click Profile at the top of the page.

4. My preapproved payments.

5. Find the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel.

6. Click the merchant's name or email address.

7. Click the Cancel link.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 4 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

liminey
Enthusiast

"

1. Log in to your PayPal account.

2. Click the My Account tab.

3. Click Profile at the top of the page.

4. My preapproved payments.

5. Find the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel.

6. Click the merchant's name or email address.

7. Click the Cancel link."

Thank you Honda for your good advice. This was done early on. EBay being the "pre-approved party" Of course I did not create, approve or have any knowledge of the approval until it was too late and EBay had already taken the money.

Thing that gets me is that if I were on the street and someone robbed me for over a hundred dollars that person would be arrested, EBay robs be electronically but no less a theft, and I the victim is left paying damages the thief (EBay) caused in the act of stealing form me!! 

Message 5 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

"Of course I did not create, approve or have any knowledge of the approval" Pretty hard to believe. You may not have realized what you had done but you did something. It's not magic.

Message 6 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

liminey
Enthusiast

On the contrary, EBay admitted to the breach and that the fault laid with them, of course more detail on the exploit was not shared during our dialog. I agree that there is no "Magic" here; however, it indeed occurred through no action on my part.

Message 7 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

Morning NoSports...

You need to go to this thread, eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment, look through it and read my Post #19.

There are just too many posts where an ID had a Recurring Billing Payment withdrawn from PayPall and show up on their eBay billing statement. I have to believe eBay is working some "magic" here without their authorization.;-)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 8 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

liminey
Enthusiast

Thanks I will go their now.

Message 9 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

daggle
Enthusiast

I accidentally clicked on an item and it said that I had purchased the item. All I was trying to do is check it out and made a mistake by clicking the wrong button. Now if I do not pay for the item, a claim can be made against me. So I was forced to pay for the item and have to hope the seller says okay to my accident and refunds my money.

However, ebay still makes out with 12 dollars for shipping and handling. For an item that wasn't shipped in the first place.

Message 10 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

Now if I do not pay for the item, a claim can be made against me. So I was forced to pay for the item and have to hope the seller says okay to my accident and refunds my money.

However, ebay still makes out with 12 dollars for shipping and handling.

You were not forced to pay.  If you had not paid, the seller could open a dispute so their fees would be returned to them and your account would have one non-payer strike against it.

One strike does you no harm and after a year it is removed.  Two or more can mean you can't buy from some sellers who block accounts with 2+ such strikes within the past year.

Unless you make a habit of not paying, you would have been fine.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 11 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

Was it a BIN item?

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 12 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

So after 'accidentally' clicking on BIN, you then 'accidentally' went all the way through checkout, 'accidentally' clicked on 'submit payment,' and THEN realized you made a mistake?!? 

Give me a break. 

Message 13 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

So after 'accidentally' clicking on BIN, you then 'accidentally' went all the way through checkout, 'accidentally' clicked on 'submit payment,' and THEN realized you made a mistake?!? 

Give me a break. 

I do that all the time... I am very accident prone

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Message 14 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

I do that all the time... I am very accident prone

That's a 3 step accident...

opps....oops again....oooooops.....again

Message 15 of 91
latest reply