cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay stole my money

Well, this is a good forum that is new to me.  Ebay is going downhill so fast.  I'm done with blaming the economy and will blame at least as much on Americans, but ebay is reallysucking by their overzealous catering of buyers, now I'm out $130 AND the item!

I sent a camera part to Japan because I've had success smelling out rats and shipping overseas.  It came back, in pieces and a complaint about 'item not as described' - WTF?  They disassembled it.  So, then I'm sitting n a destroyed $100 item.  Ebay goes and refunds their complete money order, including overseas shipping.  I've complained over and over and just get standard replies.

I WARN ALL PART-TIME SELLERS.   Ebay is not looking out for you.  I trust no buyers or ebay or Paypal now and will only sell junk I don't care about or has no complexity (ability to be wrecked or dismantled).

Message 1 of 91
latest reply
90 REPLIES 90

Re: Ebay stole my money

@daireth88 wrote:

Ebay let them, and helped them, so yes, Ebay stole from him, and me, and Ebay is a criminal organization that needs to be sued in a class action.

So, eBay is not sending you email updates and it is a crime organization?

@daireth88

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 61 of 91
latest reply

that_n_this25
Rising Star

They are a bunch of toss pots who will all ways decide for the buyer... I have now decided to close my account and totally boycott them... as far as I'm concerned they can kiss it

Message 62 of 91
latest reply

i am a seasoned seller. ebay steals money from sellers all the time reason being is because they can,they have no competiton.ebay to me is like having a bad landlord who is also your partner.Some of there policies actually tell you they are going to take your money for example if you sell an item and there is a returns dispute and you come to an agreement with buyer to partially refund them. ebay will not refund seller the fees on agreed amount. this is example one of many ebay steal your money policys.

Message 63 of 91
latest reply

Ebay steals money from buyers too.

Due to a technicality, wherein ebay retains both the item and the buyer's payment, when either the return of the item is a little late, or is shipped to ebay global shipping and not to the seller directly, a mistake the Fedex courier made, in a list of related mistakes, and now I am out US$266++ or so, and with another case pending (related as I mistakenly ordered the same item twice from different sellers)

Ebay closed my case after informing me I could appeal. When I got to the appeal page, it told me I cannot call Ebay (apparently the onyl way a buyer can appeal is to make an expensive international call?), since office hours is over, yet in a few minutes I received another email from Ebay saying they are now refusing my appeal (which I did not send yet!) and closing the case absolutely!

WHAT A RIP OFF!

Message 64 of 91
latest reply

Ebay is a giant corporation who regular rips people off to make their dollars. Its astounding how many pretentious people in this thread just give them the benefit of the doubt. Makes me question those peoples` business practices. I wouldnt feel safe buying from someone whose idea of good customer service is "seller beware".

Message 65 of 91
latest reply

Well, I mean, if paying LOWER rates for my items than it would cost me to sell them at trade shows or local consignment stores or consignment auctions, or than it would cost me to set up and promote my own website... if that is stealing my money, somehow, by allowing me to make more than if I am able to make going it on my own, then yeah, I guess.  The reality is, that even with the risks, those of us who are experienced in the market and categories that we sell in, we can sell here and make more, and more easily, than going elsewhere.  I have been threatening to start my own website for a while now.  However, I also know that that will involve a LOT more time out of me to get set up initially, and to maintain, UNLESS I want to pay a company to do that for me.  We  used to do that at the music store I worked at, we had a point of sale (cash register) system that kept track of our inventory and kept it all listed on our website.  It SURE was nice, but it SURE was expensive, too.  Cost us almost 500 bucks a month.  Just for the service.  And this was REGARDLESS of if we sold a single item or not.  Now, I'm NOT saying that I like eBay's fees going up, or that I like the lessened protections we have as sellers, and that those seem to lessen every year.... BUT, the reality is, it's still better for most of us to still be here, selling here, or we'd have moved elsewhere. 

I personally have been migrating off the site to a marketplace that specializes in my category, music instruments, parts, and accessories.  Their fees are less than here by more than 2/3, and their traffic is now a little more than the traffic here in this category.  I know this because almost all my listings are duplicated from here to there.  That said, while the traffic has caught up or actually passed eBay's musical instrument traffic, and I KNOW this is true by my page view counters in my listings, the sales conversions are still not quite caught up over there to what they are here, as evidenced by the fact that most of the time, the sales between the two are pretty close or even.  I HAVE had a few months where the other marketplace has been better, but I have had more months where they have been even (like this last month) or a little less over there.  I dislike a lot of things here, but I have never once had ebay steal any of my money, in ANY way, shape, or form.   I VOLUNTARILY give them what I give them, in exchange for using their marketplace.  If that is somehow pretentious, then please explain how, because I just don't see it.   And again, I agree that things are not as good here these days for sellers as they used to be. 

Message 66 of 91
latest reply

EBay is becoming a complete joke. I sold 2 items on here which they held back.my money until transaction had been delivered. Both items have been delivered and feedback left. Still my money on hold. It has been 8 days now. Absolutely disgusted with eBay. I'm sure they would soon give me MY MONEY if interest was charged to them. Going so far down hill. I can see them closing soon 

Message 67 of 91
latest reply

@kat984 wrote:

EBay is becoming a complete joke. I sold 2 items on here which they held back.my money until transaction had been delivered. Both items have been delivered and feedback left. Still my money on hold. It has been 8 days now. Absolutely disgusted with eBay. I'm sure they would soon give me MY MONEY if interest was charged to them. Going so far down hill. I can see them closing soon 

Call Paypal TODAY, and give them the tracking numbers showing your items are delivered.  Has the buyer left feedback for you yet?  If so, then your money will be released.  If not, I'm not 100% sure, I think their full hold time can be up to 21 days, if I am remembering right, but call paypal, have your tracking numbers handy, and the transaction numbers for the items from eBay.  You should be able to get an answer, if not actually getting your funds released.  Have you left feedback for your buyers yet?  If not, do that first, because it will remind the buyers to leave feedback for you, and that will help your case with Paypal if they leave you feedback.  Good luck and keep us posted. 

Message 68 of 91
latest reply

They stole from me too! They sent my package that was supposed to be a gift to my friend to the wrong address and kept my money and sided with the seller:  fuzzi_canolli saying that if USPS didn't send it back to them then I can't have my money. I am not responsible for USPS sending back to the seller:

November 2, 2018, 9:28 am
Addressee Unknown
COLUMBUS, OH 43229 
Your item was returned to the sender on November 2, 2018 at 9:28 am in COLUMBUS, OH 43229 because the addressee was not known at the delivery address noted on the package.        

Message 69 of 91
latest reply

@rmathews197012 wrote:

They stole from me too! They sent my package that was supposed to be a gift to my friend to the wrong address and kept my money and sided with the seller:  fuzzi_canolli saying that if USPS didn't send it back to them then I can't have my money. I am not responsible for USPS sending back to the seller:

November 2, 2018, 9:28 am
Addressee Unknown
COLUMBUS, OH 43229 
Your item was returned to the sender on November 2, 2018 at 9:28 am in COLUMBUS, OH 43229 because the addressee was not known at the delivery address noted on the package.        

EBAY did not ship your package, the seller did, this is 100% on the seller.  Did you pay with a card?  If so, call the bank your card is issued through and file a chargeback.  You will absolutely get your money back.   Did you check the feedback of the seller you purchased from, BEFORE you purchased from them?  You should always do that, and don't just look at the number of feedback they have, open their feedback up in a new browser tab and see if they have received a lot of feedback for items never arriving or for other problems.  If they do, then do not purchase from them, regardless of them having what you want.  There are VERY few items that simply cannot be bought somewhere else. 

Message 70 of 91
latest reply

My story is more horrible.

buyer opened a return request on me as my “item as not as described.”

which is not true but moving forward eBay was frozen the money from my PayPal what the buyer was payed me .

Then I was waited 2 weeks to the buyer return back my item , she wasn’t respond to my messages so I WAS OPENED A CASE on eBay about I wanna get back my item .

They provided a label to the buyer what I was payed also and then the buyer was sent me back the item , which is gone back to her adress as eBay said to me after my house number wasn’t provided on my adress .

I tried to contact the buyer who that time got back the full refund and my item as well what Royal Mail can proof.

Ebay closed the case even if they knew my item is with the buyer they said me is not a buyer fault that my house number wasn’t on the adress and yes they can see that she got back my item but they can’t do anything now with it . 

Its absolutely unacceptable and ridiculous, they let the buyer just stole my item and they don’t do anything.

However I just woke up this morning and I saw eBay again take away from me a full refund what they already did 4th December .

I tryed to contact them since I’m the morning now is 3:22 pm .

The only advice they said to fill up some form and they will check it .

I was contacted to PayPal as well and they was confirmed that I was being charged double but they can’t do anything I have to contact to eBay because is might be something all’s .

I was called back to eBay and they just pulled out again .

It’s absolutely horrible I being stolen here via eBay and none can do anything !

anyone could help me ???

Message 71 of 91
latest reply

Pull your Paypal transaction history. What I have noticed is that Paypal will acknowledge the transaction, and then a few days later will finalize it, but you actually only get charged one time. I've had that happen to me twice.

With regard to not having your house number on your address, you are required to have the proper address on file with eBay, so that's on you, ultimately. If it were correct on file, the label your customer was provided would have had it on there.

As far as the "item not as described" case opened against you, that's just part of eBay's money back guarantee and now part of doing business here. I don't like it either, but that's just how it is. Fortunately, so far, I've been pretty lucky and haven't had to deal with it very often.
Message 72 of 91
latest reply

I sold an item and fir security I sent it by courier signed for, it was signed for then the buyer denied receiving it. I thought I did everything right but `eBay returned his fees including postage. What else could I do to protect the sake. Last November Inwas in a similar position when a seller said I had received an item which I did not and in this case eBay gave him the money so in both cases they did different things all to my loss. My long standing eBay status is 100%. Robbers.

Message 73 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money the buyer stole my item.We should take a class action against Ebay it is about time somebody do something.

Message 74 of 91
latest reply

Ebay and buyer just stole 200 bucks from me as well. The buyer used my item and broke it, then claimed it was damaged. Ebay is doing nothing to protect me as a seller and is issuing a refund to the buyer from withholding funds in my paypal account. I'm a longtime member with perfect feedback. I will no longer be using ebay. They flat out stole my money and won't do a thing about it. Absolutely ridiculous.

Message 75 of 91
latest reply