cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay stole my money

Well, this is a good forum that is new to me.  Ebay is going downhill so fast.  I'm done with blaming the economy and will blame at least as much on Americans, but ebay is reallysucking by their overzealous catering of buyers, now I'm out $130 AND the item!

I sent a camera part to Japan because I've had success smelling out rats and shipping overseas.  It came back, in pieces and a complaint about 'item not as described' - WTF?  They disassembled it.  So, then I'm sitting n a destroyed $100 item.  Ebay goes and refunds their complete money order, including overseas shipping.  I've complained over and over and just get standard replies.

I WARN ALL PART-TIME SELLERS.   Ebay is not looking out for you.  I trust no buyers or ebay or Paypal now and will only sell junk I don't care about or has no complexity (ability to be wrecked or dismantled).

Message 1 of 91
latest reply
90 REPLIES 90

Ebay stole my money

@sea-brie wrote:

lmao Ebay really doesn't give a **bleep** about any of the sellers, this happened to me with one of my items

@sea-brie

This is an old thread....

Do you need advice on an issue?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 46 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

STOLE MY MONEY ON EBAY I ORDERD 2 BIKES FOR MY GRANDCHILDREN AND MY DAUGHTER INLAW WAS INA  APARTMENT COMPLEX  THE FRONT DESK REFUSED TO TAKE PACKAGE BECAUSE SHE MOVED OUT WITHOUT MY KNOWING ,THEY SENT THE BIKES BACK TO THE SELLER I HAVE PROOF OF THE TRACKING AND DATES HE RECIEVED THE ITEMS BACK NOW IM OUT 70 DOLLARS AND 2 BIKES AND EBAY TOOK HIS SIDE .. I NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A LUDACRIST DECISION WHEN THEY SEE HE HAS THE BIKES AND NOW HE HAS MY MONEY TOO 

Message 47 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

caps-lock-toggle.png

Message 48 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

I'm really sorry this happened. I'd stick with this and keep contacting ebay and  the seller too. If you have proof he has the bikes then use that. Appeal to seller's higher nature, I'm sure he has one. Do you live in a different area\state than your kids? If not you should have bikes sent to your place & have seller require your signature on delivery. If seller wants to keep the bikes & the money out of gram's pocket he's a #Bleep# and I'd like his name & number too. Sorry, I can't do that just had to say it. Good luck.

Message 49 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

You are exactly right eBay is a bunch of crooks and I a doing my best to get my message out.  They beat me for 171 last night after invoicing me for 52

Message 50 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

Ebay refunded my money for a product I returned. Then ebay took the money back and has been giving me the run around for 10 days now. 5phone calls with same **bleep** . we will email our refund team and don't worry we will clear this up. Over and over same **bleep**. They have my money and the seller has the product back. SCREW JOB

Message 51 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

@davi3138.ouiqjftxi  Hi, dav....if you provide the details, perhaps someone here can help!  Date of purchase, reason for return, domestic or international purchase, amount of refund!  Leave out the name of the seller, but provide as much detail as possible!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 52 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

Thanks  I ordered a  Amazon TV fire stick from xxxx for 62.89 paid thru Paypal.

I received  the item .   It did not work. Ebay issued me a return aslip. I returned the item and it was received by the seller.

After the seller did nothing Eay stepped in and refunded my money to Paypal.  Great service until here.

The PayPal account asked me what to do with the money? Only option to select was Refund,  which I thought was to refund the money to my credit card. I pushed the selection and was instantly notified that I had refunded the money to EBAY.

I have contacted Pap Pal  at least 3 times and told that what I did was impossible to do and referred to Ebay.( Altho they see the transaction )  I have had 4 conversations with ebay and promised that it would be resolved within hours  by their “refund team.” Now  10 days later same storey. Be patient we are working on it. I am not a eBay seller. Only an occasional buyer.

I feel this passing the buck is just a run around and they will not refund my money. I have no product and no money

Message 53 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

@davi3138.ouiqjftxi Oh, my, what a mess!  Have you double checked your credit card statment to make sure the funds aren't there?  It can take a week or more to actually see the transaction!

...if yes, then I would call PayPal back and ask for a three way "conference call" between eBay, PayPal and yourself ~ If that isn't successful, you may want to try and send an email with all of the pertinent information, including transaction number, dates, ID's ect. to askcomminity@eBay.com, attention Trinton ~ please let us know the outcome and good luck!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 54 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

Thank. Money is not on my credit card. EBay has it. Been on two conference calls. Always the same " Don't worry we will have this straight out in 1,2,3 Hours. We will call you back in 1 hour. Our RefuTam will straighten his out in 2 days.  Been 10 days of this.  This happened on Nov 7 th. Have called them at least 6 times. Begenning to smelll 

Message 55 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

Thanks. Money is not on my credit card. EBay has it. Been on two conference calls. Always the same " Don't worry we will have this straight out in 1,2,3 Hours. We will call you back in 1 hour. Our RefuTam will straighten his out in 2 days.  Been 10 days of this.  This happened on Nov 7 th. Have called them at least 6 times. Begenning to smelll 

Message 56 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

Yes, is literally a theft.  We have to built a community for do a massive demand and go there to the press too. For do that them can talk clearly abou that, their criminal policies, and the people then can choose if join to eBay or no, and choose other options as Amazon, Etsy, anyone......

My bill number is the:

B-7HB82142KA908343P

But i had to refund to the buyer by a reason long for explain here, and i did the refund using the same paypal, in those times was the same owner the ebay, if i am not wrong. So i refunded all. And they know that.

I need to join a group for a massive demand to eBay, who wants to buil a group?  We can easily find a lawyer who will give at least the reason to us that ebay didn´t adviced clearly, if did that, (and have to add a little explanation in each transaction) about those bad policies and failed in that.

Message 57 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

Message 58 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

Ebay let them, and helped them, so yes, Ebay stole from him, and me, and Ebay is a criminal organization that needs to be sued in a class action.

Message 59 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

@daireth88 wrote:

Ebay is a criminal organization that needs to be sued in a class action.

Your suggestion is so, "2008"... thanks for keeping the retro opinions alive.

Message 60 of 91
latest reply