cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, October 13 @ 11:00 am PT - Price Guide and Collections

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

**Please note that while off-topic questions will not be removed, they will be addressed after the chat closes, to allow priority to remain on the topic for this week's chat. Thanks!**

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat. This week we’re joined by the Collectibles and Trading Cards teams. They are here to discuss Trading Cards and a few new features that eBay has recently launched for the card collector. 

Check out Price Guide. Powered by eBay’s incredible breadth of data, Price Guide provides you with the most accurate insights available anywhere for sports and non-sports trading cards and collectible card games. Price Guide shows the most accurate reflection of your trading cards’ current value on our site, based on verified transactions on eBay during the previous 12 months.

The other feature is Collection. It’s integrated with Price Guide data so you have all the tools you need to power your trading all in one place. Engage with your collection in a multitude of ways:

• See the value of your portfolio at a high level or view a specific "asset class" like Pokemon or basketball. You can drill down to see the value of individual cards.
  • Designed for in-app usage, you can list directly from Collection, making the listing process faster and easier.
  • On desktop, upload up to 1,000 items using the .csv upload template, making it easy to upload your entire collection

For more information, see our Trading Hub page. Access the Price Guide via the eBay app, simply search for a card, and click on the pop-up window. 

How does the chat work?

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 11AM-12 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. We’ll review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep refreshing and scrolling down to see our answers.

The chat thread will remain open until 12 PM PT, at which point the thread will be closed from additional responses. After that time, the team will continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

**Please note that while off-topic questions will not be removed, they will be addressed after the chat closes, to allow priority to remain on the topic for this week's chat. Thanks!**

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Community Chat, October 13 @ 11:00 am PT - Price Guide and Collections

Before this ends..........  @valueaddedresource   very good questions.....

julia@collectibles 

to allow further tuning for accuracy of the price guide as a highly prioritized feature.

just a general comment.........ebay has a history of putting features out and then lamenting that people don't use them........  My opinion is that they are released before they are actually valuable........people try them, don't see the value and abandon them......after that Ebay adds/fine tunes to add better features......but most won't go back and find them.....because they are so turned off by the original product.......  just my thoughts.........

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Before this ends..........  @valueaddedresource   very good questions.....

julia@collectibles 

to allow further tuning for accuracy of the price guide as a highly prioritized feature.

just a general comment.........ebay has a history of putting features out and then lamenting that people don't use them........  My opinion is that they are released before they are actually valuable........people try them, don't see the value and abandon them......after that Ebay adds/fine tunes to add better features......but most won't go back and find them.....because they are so turned off by the original product.......  just my thoughts.........

@dhbookds very good point!

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

@dhbookds Thanks for that perspective. We're very excited about these tools and are constantly learning from our users and wanting to improve. Getting these new tools and features right is very important to us. 

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

Hi @valueaddedresource ,

That should not happen.

We will look into this issue and make sure someone from the community staff will provide an update. 

Thanks,

Julia

Julia,
Collectibles Team
Message 34 of 38
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining this week's Guided Chat - it's now closed but we'll continue working through to address open questions!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 35 of 38
latest reply

@pratercollectibles wrote:

The new eBay shipping label for trading cards & postcards for 73cents  disappeared from the purchase label page.  Other sellers noted it gone too on discussion board.

Hi @pratercollectibles and @mailseum! We're aware and anticipate everything returning to normal once the item specifics/category updates complete.  

Velvet,
eBay
Message 36 of 38
latest reply

@bonhol22 wrote:

Big ticket sales. I have a one of a kind 2002 NBA All Starter Athuntic game ball Autographed be the entire NBA ALL Stars (except Shaq who didn't play in the game because of injury) BIG PLUS though is Kobe autographed it has his old #8. Also the most amazing thing is, I BOUGHT IT AT AN NBA OFFICAL AUCTION...so the COA is ACTUALLY A COA from the NBA with NBA Official Hologram and OFICIALLY certified BY the NBA Commissioner Stu Jackson AND both team head coach. It should be worth TONS of money, people tell me I should take it to a live auction but I'm not sure how to find a trustworthy one who won't try to screw me over. Do you now any private buyers or acution houses that would be interested. Also in your personal opinion what do you think the value of this unique item would be. Tanks so much for your time and I'm lookin forward  hearing back from you.

@bonhol22 Hey there!

The best way to check your value is by doing a completed sales search on eBay. If you search for the same item, you can refine the search to show you SOLD listing only. This way you can see what buyers are willing to pay for it. A quick Google search can help too!

Unfortunately we don't have private buyers, but you're more than welcome to list it on eBay to see what happens! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

@pratercollectibles wrote:

Postcards new item specifics are too many and a lot are things not really applicable to antique postcards.  Such as "Era" is only as related to the World Wars ???  Will be very tedious listed cards going all these items. 

Hi @pratercollectibles - please don't change your item specifics quite yet. the goal is to get your items to a broader category and work to automatically add relevant item specifics based on the old category it came from. 

This process will take some time, but we expect this to be completed by the 19th at the latest, though most changes will be complete by the 14th. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 38 of 38
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: