cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, October 6 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Happy October! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

RE: New Promoted Program

I don’t do community posts complaining about slow sales bc I know online selling is not what it use to be and sales will go thru phases and generally, sellers get what they put in (hopefully).

BUT, as of about Sept 20, this has drastically changed for me and lots of other sellers according to recent posts. This ‘slow sales’ complaint is very different than the numerous whining posts we’ve encountered over the years. It’s as if our selling accounts no longer exist.

I averaged about 1 sale a day over the last few years, with some upswing during the Christmas shopping season. But not any more.

This phenomena happens to be horizontal to the timeline of the new Promoted Listings Advanced (PLA) BETA eBay has rolled out.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Promoted-Listings-Advanced-BETA-for-business...  

It’s like: If we don’t sign into this program, our listings will no longer be made as visible as b4, regardless of using the ‘regular’ promoted listings (which all 600+ of my listings have)

Thank you, 

Dev

-----

Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 2 of 76
latest reply

Do we have any ETA at all on when the being unable to view feedback  will be fixed?

It's making answering questions difficult for mentors.  

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 3 of 76
latest reply

RE: Feedback Profile on eBay ids on Community Posts

Has there been a change on the community posts showing the poster’s eBay id, but not their feedback, view listings, etc?

A few days ago, when we clicked on their feedback, it would not pop up, but now, their feedback isn’t even there to click on.

Those of us that answer community posts like to check the poster’s feedback, etc to make sure they are legit, not contradicting what they post, that they are on the correct international site, etc. but that no longer seems possible w/o a work around bc it only shows their id name.

We already go thru time consuming reading and answering and having this just piles on to that.

Thank you, 

Dev

-----

Message 4 of 76
latest reply

This is what I get when I click my buyer's tracking numbers>

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 3.03.07 PM.png

-----

Edit: A reply to your post can be found here.

Message 5 of 76
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

RE: Feedback Profile on eBay ids on Community Posts

Has there been a change on the community posts showing the poster’s eBay id, but not their feedback, view listings, etc?

A few days ago, when we clicked on their feedback, it would not pop up, but now, their feedback isn’t even there to click on.

Those of us that answer community posts like to check the poster’s feedback, etc to make sure they are legit, not contradicting what they post, that they are on the correct international site, etc. but that no longer seems possible w/o a work around bc it only shows their id name.

We already go thru time consuming reading and answering and having this just piles on to that.

Thank you, 

Dev

We feel you @stuff4divas! We're aware and trying to work with Khoros to find out what is causing this, so a fix can be implemented. We appreciate your patience in the meantime and all you do to help others in the eBay Community! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 6 of 76
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Do we have any ETA at all on when the being unable to view feedback  will be fixed?

It's making answering questions difficult for mentors.  

Hi @soh.maryl - no, we don't have an ETA on this, but we are continuing to work with Khoros on what is going on and when it will be fixed. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 76
latest reply

For me, I can now see the FB of others.  It wasn't limited to just the forums, it was also in the rest of Ebay too or at least that was my experience.  It now appears to be fixed again.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 76
latest reply

When I try to print the Purchase History for a combined order of more than 11 items, I go to Order Details and select Printer Friendly Page.  This shows ALL the purchased items.  However when I click on Print, only 1-page is shown that does NOT contain ALL the purchased items, only the first eleven.  How can I print a complete purchase history?

-----

Message 9 of 76
latest reply

I've been complaining about the changes to the search bar drop down menu for the last 2 weeks here on community chat. Last week I got a reply from Velvet in which she asked to provide more details in a post which was to be tagged to her. I posted under tech issues to her attention and never got a reply. If she's still out there I encourage her to read the message from 9/29 and also my post from 5/14/21 which may be more informative since it got replies and graphics from other members that detail the changes to search that i find to be so discouraging.

-----

Message 10 of 76
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

This is what I get when I click my buyer's tracking numbers>

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 3.03.07 PM.png

Thanks for sending this over @stuff4divas I will get it in the right hands! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 11 of 76
latest reply

Just checked.  Still cannot see anyone's feedback.

And the work-arounds that others have offered are probably offered with good intentions, but we should not have to take further steps to do a job we are not being paid for.  

Message 12 of 76
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

For me, I can now see the FB of others.  It wasn't limited to just the forums, it was also in the rest of Ebay too or at least that was my experience.  It now appears to be fixed again.

@mam98031 - this is what makes it so insidious, the intermittent nature of this bug is maddening. All links and profile photos are gone for me from the Community site as of this morning. But yesterday they were fine, and tomorrow they may be back for me. 

It's really frustrating, but I'm glad they're back for you, and I hope they stay a good long time!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 76
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

When I try to print the Purchase History for a combined order of more than 11 items, I go to Order Details and select Printer Friendly Page.  This shows ALL the purchased items.  However when I click on Print, only 1-page is shown that does NOT contain ALL the purchased items, only the first eleven.  How can I print a complete purchase history?

That's frustrating @somanypostcards! I just tried to recreate that with one of your recent larger purchases but when I select the Printer friendly page option, I'm shown all items. I'm on Chrome. How are you accessing the site? What trouble shooting have you already done? 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 14 of 76
latest reply

tyler@ebay  - I'm seeing incorrect data in the Listing Quality Report again.

It looks like they've added some new fields for INR, SNAD, and negative feedback.  The report is now counting 2 orders that were canceled as buyer request with no feedback left as "negative feedback" and for all three it seems to be counting cases that are older than the 31 day timeframe that report is supposed to cover.

More info here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-to-the-Listing-Quality-Report-Incorrect-data-for-INR/m... 

Since Harry isn't here anymore, I wasn't sure who best to direct this to (maybe Michael Cuttone?), but if you could get it to the appropriate team, I'd appreciate it!

-----

Edit:  A reply to your question can be found here

Message 15 of 76
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: