cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, November 25 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

charlie.jpg

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: Community Chat, November 25 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@golfingaddict wrote:

Plans:

Golf... Because I can and it is still safe,  

Then Pumpkin pie, turkey, cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes and more pumpkin pie.  

No plans to do anything else.   Not going to risk socializing with Covid running rampant.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

@golfingaddict I LOVE pumpkin pie! It's my second favorite just below razzle berry pie. Stay safe and have a good holiday 🍂wine_glass🍲🍗

Brian,
Community Team
Message 46 of 86
latest reply

brittanie@ebay wrote:

@gracieallen01 That's fair! I'm pretty amazed with the thought either way.  I love food that has a tradition behind it.

Unfortunately my family wasn't big on traditions, but I sure have been with my kids.  We have traditions this time of year that my kids still love and they are now young adults.  While Thanksgiving is important to us and my kids have always been here for that except for one year because my son was deployed in the Army.  So I have lots to be grateful for there.

But Christmas is extra special as we have several Christmas Eve traditions that my kids love.  And following Thanksgiving we start decorating for Christmas on Saturday.  My daughter wouldn't miss that for anything.  Her an I have some traditions on that day that we both enjoy so much.  Me sharing stories about various ornaments and decorations.  Stories she hears year after year but looks forward to it every time as it gives her roots to hear them all.  Now we just do it with a glass of wine in hand.  LOL

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 47 of 86
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@coffeebean832 actually I should clarify, is this option in Seller Hub or in the Sell Your Item flow? That will help me know which team I need to reach out. Thanks!

Accessed 2 ways within Seller Hub. One is through this link- https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active?pill_status=itemSpecificsRecommended then clicking on the "add item specifics" link and revising the listing through the pop-up.

The other is by adding the Recommended IS column to your customized view and clicking on listings that way and again, revising the listing through the pop-up.

While we're on the topic- this is the same place I'm having the issue with the bundle item specific.

When you check  "no" for custom bundle under recommended IS- it still tells you you're missing a recommended IS for bundle description. If you need more info on that let me know.

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 48 of 86
latest reply

errrr................B/half was walking by and DEMANDS politely asks for the recipe.........a rum fan, he is!

Message 49 of 86
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

Any chance you're considering selling those on eBay? If so, I'll keep an eye on your account. 😇

Message 50 of 86
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

Reminds me that a now-deceased friend/neighbor used to host a Thanksgiving dinner for singles, and everyone was asked to bring the dish from their traditional family gatherings that they liked the least. Of course, someone else would always love Grandma's Jell-0 concoction or Aunt Emily's green bean abomination or their mom's unrecognizable stuffing . . .

Gosh, that was fun meal.

My sister hated my favorite Jell-O dish, and I, in turn, hated her husband's favorite Jell-O dish. (We were a big Jell-O family, apparently . . . )

That would be a fun and interesting party! 

Mom's unrecognizable stuffing made me laugh. 

I actually loved my mom's dressing.  She made a pan style dressing that we jokingly named brick dressing.  It was VERY dense but tasted great with southern style giblet gravy on it.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 51 of 86
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

errrr................B/half was walking by and DEMANDS politely asks for the recipe.........a rum fan, he is!

As is mine.  Great idea I could surprise him with one of these if someone would share that recipe!!!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 52 of 86
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

brian@ebay 

Since I'll be alone this year, I'm roasting two miniature turkeys (aka Cornish Game Hens), with all the traditional trimmings: mashed potatoes, candied yams, stuffing, roasted green beans (not that icky mushroom soup casserole) and pumpkin pie. I got two of those little "individual" pie plates by Emil Henry for the pies. Each pie plate will probably make a couple of servings

Then I'll watch everyone's traditional Thanksgiving movie, "The Accidental Tourist."

Then I'll eat the same meal's leftovers again on Saturday or Sunday.

Voila! Done! Another Thanksgiving in the books!

@pburn ohhh I'd love to see a picture of the Cornish Hens once their cooked (I'm the kind of person that likes seeing pictures of food haha). I just looked up Emil Henry pie dish's and now I want one! I've been needing a new pie dish and now I have my eye on the blue one.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 53 of 86
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@dhbookds  - I'll send you a private message with the recipe. It's actually ridiculously easy. 🤣 

Message 54 of 86
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@divwido wrote:

Well, we are not on lock down, but then who wants to go to a Holiday dinner in a face mask and gloves?

@divwido It's going to be a different Thanksgiving for sure. I'm creating a list of movies I want to watch and maybe some video game to play.  

I'm trying to help someone get ahold of a PS5 sometime between this weekend and  the new year. Sorry to all eBay sellers, but he's not going to spend $1500 on a $400 unit.

We're doing a family video call and watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

@coffeebean832 I hope you are successful in your quest for a PS5. I know it's the hot item right now.

I hope you have a wonderful zoom call with your family. I'm doing the same with my family this year too.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 55 of 86
latest reply

On item #373125889325 the two tracking numbers didn't upload properly and won't show up in order details.  Not sure if this is a new bug on eBay of if it is working as intended.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 56 of 86
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

I have concerns about item specifics.  When I fill them out on variation listings, I am seeing that some are asking for size?  Well if the size is the variation, I cannot add size.   

This seems strange to me.  Some of my variation listings are older and have a long history of sales.  If size is a required soon item specific, what should I put for size.  Am I going to have to redo all my variation listings? 

Hi @golfingaddict - this is a great question! I've been trying to get you exact details but am having a tricky time. As near as I can tell you should use the variation details where possible - so if you have a variation named 'size' you shouldn't also include an item specific named 'size'. However, I'm trying to get specifics, I'll update this chat!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 57 of 86
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@valueaddedresource 

Any chance you're considering selling those on eBay? If so, I'll keep an eye on your account. 😇

@pburn  - not sure how I would ship it. 🤔  It comes out so moist it would fall apart and be nothing but yummy tasting crumbs when it got there.  But I can definitely send the recipe to you too if you want.

Message 58 of 86
latest reply

Apparently, there are many long-time, and still active sellers that for whatever reason have been permanently banned from the eBay community boards.

Many of these bans may have been justified, but it seems wrong (and unethical) for eBay to permanently ban sellers from their community platform while still allowing them to sell (and pay eBay fees) on the marketplace.

With new senior company and community leadership perhaps eBay can revisit this process on the go-forward, and a means to 'appeal' or re-request access to those that have been banned long ago, but still sell on eBay.

Hopefully all would agree that these seller-customers should be permitted to browse the community board in ‘read-only’ mode (without a work-around like having to sign-out or using an incognito browser session).

If nothing else, every eBay seller should be allowed to ‘read’ the critical announcement boards (even if the user is otherwise banned), if eBay still allows them to sell (or buy) on the site.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 59 of 86
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

"... 9 cans of Spam and make a Spam turkey ..."

@gracieallen01 , brian@ebay , brittanie@ebay 

I have a granddaughter that has a Thanksgiving birthday. The last time it hit on Thanksgiving Day proper (2017), I baked her this turkey birthday cake. We gobbled it up!  😃101_6857.JPG

@mtgraves7984 oh wow! I'm guessing those are green M&M's, cubed white cake to look like bread, fondant for the carrots? This is a great idea for a Thanksgiving birthday, I love it 😄

Brian,
Community Team
Message 60 of 86
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: