cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, January 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Community Chat, January 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Happy New Year all 😁

I haven't seen a guaranteed delivery option since probably the beginning of covid - is it officially suspended?  Will it make a return?  the delivery date filters are all gone.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here. 

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 16 of 50
latest reply

tyler@ebay  I saw the announcement on the Canada community that they will also soon be having FVFs added back on for sneakers over $100.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Important-information-for-sellers-listing-sneakers/ba-p/4... 

It caught my eye though that they say the effective date is Feb 1st, but then also say they are extending a promotion to allow for fee free sneaker sales over $100 until March 31st.

Just curious if you have any insight why they would do that instead of just making the effective date April 1st?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 17 of 50
latest reply

Why is it that when I go to post on a thread with no replies, click to refresh, still no replies, write my post out and submit it, sometimes it comes up as number 5 or 7 or 8 and someone else has already posted the same thing I did but it wasn't there when I refreshed or began my post?

-----

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 18 of 50
latest reply

The Selling discussion board is getting a steady stream of (hysterical) posts about the new tax reporting threshold, which seems to have caught many off-guard. I'm specifically concerned about the outright misinformation contained in many of these posts and the fact that they're allowed to stay up.  Do the moderators have a brief to remove inaccurate information? While I can understand that moderators don't want to limit people from expressing their opinions, the stuff I'm seeing isn't a matter of opinion — it's just plain incorrect.

Any hopes that eBay will take a stronger stance on keeping misinformation off the boards?

-----

Message 19 of 50
latest reply

Pymnts.com recently did a study that found 67% of microbusinesses say they would be more loyal to payors that offered them free instant payment features.

Any hints at what we might see from Managed Payments in terms of wallet functions, using our balance to make purchases on the platform, options for faster/instant payments etc. this year?

-----

Message 20 of 50
latest reply

I think you are almost there.  You need to be selling at least 90 days, have received 25 feedbacks, and $250 in sales.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 21 of 50
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Hi. I keep seeing reports pop up about store billing issues- people being billed weeks and even months late.

This is one thread that has a few posters reporting it-

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Raking-in-The-Bucks-Today/m-p/32594937#M1915057

And there was this one from back in Sept that Velvet replied to-

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/9-16-STORE-FEE-NEVER-CHARGED-MANAGED-PAYMENTS/m-p/32346651

Some sellers aren't receiving notifications from eBay when they're finally billed and other sellers are- but the e-mail sent out is incredibly vague as you can read here-

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/It-took-eBay-1-5-months-to-realize-they-didn-t-bill-my-store-f...

There are a lot more posts both here and elsewhere about it. I've seen reports every month from small numbers of sellers. What's going on and is this going to be fixed any time soon?

For sellers like @7794heather it will affect their tax reporting since their December store fee wasn't billed until January.

Hi @coffeebean832 - I'm unaware of a technical issue that would delay subscription charges like what you have noticed. I would encourage those involved to report to CS and request that a ticket be filed for review by the tech team. 

Subscriptions should be being charged on or around the 1st or 15th of the month, depending on the old billing cycle dates prior to eBay managing payments. The only exception I can think of to that would be the final month of a yearly store subscription, which would not be charged at all (since we bill in advance for that fee).

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 50
latest reply

@glgenterprise wrote:

I have a comment/question in relation to the April 2022 USPS surcharge coming.

Assuming that it is a done deal, which of course it is, as sellers are we going to have to account for the surcharge somewhere in our listings, either with a increase in sale price or handling fee? Or is the surcharge going to be coded into the shipping amount if we are using calculated shipping?

It has long been a pet peeve that eBay's shipping module coding cannot seem to account for dimensional shipping, even if I put the correct shipping dimensions in with the listing.  We shouldn't have to specify large package if we are bothering to put dimensions in. It seems like a pretty simple programming change that has been ignored for years.

And don't even get me started on the inability of the eBay shipping module to not account for a residential address when it comes to UPS/FEDEX.

All of this should not be a insanely complicated coding project.

Hi @glgenterprise! I appreciate the feedback regarding some shipping concerns you have. I can speak directly to the upcoming surcharges you referenced. They will work similarly to the holiday surcharges buyers just experienced.

How you list shouldn't really change. If you're using calculated shipping and everything is entered accurately in the listing (dimensions/weights), then the buyer should be charged the correct amount (including any qualifying surcharge) at the time of purchase. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 23 of 50
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

I know we never seem to see anyone from the Managed Payments team on the boards, but it would be nice to have that department show they care.  The reporting for MP is terrible and borderline unusable.  Does eBay not realize they would make more money if sellers weren't constantly having to fight against buggy and poorly though out site designs?

Hi @gwzcomps - if you'll let me know which reports you're having trouble with and how they could be improved to your benefit I'll happily pass that along. If you would prefer not to do so I can pass along this comment above but I have found that generic complaints about tools get addressed by the product team far less than specific complaints or suggestions for enhancement. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 50
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:

The reporting for MP is terrible and borderline unusable. 

The fact that the reporting does not have a column for Variations means it takes me hours (days) longer to reconcile. Not all of my variations are sourced at the same price- so having to look up nearly every sale is the bane of my existence.

My post referred to the Transaction Report downloaded from the Payments tab tyler@ebay.

Message 25 of 50
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

For many, many long months the regulars on the Selling Board have had to deal with threads by sellers being shifted to Managed Payments. In the past, we were told that ebay should be finished transitioning everyone by the end of 2021. Can you confirm that the transition is complete?

(Of course, now we will spend many long months dealing with posts about the 1099-K, but that's a topic for another day LOL)

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I can't really speak definitively to this, but I can point you to an article we released in September when we announced that the majority of all sellers enabled (link here).

Tyler,
eBay
Message 26 of 50
latest reply

@inceptions wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Any plans for a January Seller Check In?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I haven't heard yet, but I've asked and will keep you updated!

Hi tyler@ebay 

Would you also ask the team to resume sending the email invites for the Seller Check Ins? I missed the last couple because I didn't receive the notification and didn't realize they were going on until it was too late.

Thanks!

Happy to make the request @inceptions! There may be a way to subscribe to notifications or upcoming events, and I'll make sure that is shared. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 27 of 50
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

Accenture recently released a report predicting social commerce shopping will reach $1.2 Trillion / about 17% of all ecommerce by 2025 - how is eBay going to help sellers take advantage of that opportunity?

Any chance we'll be seeing that 2.5% discounted fee social sharing feature in Q1 22?

Hey @valueaddedresource! I'm not privy to any plans the company may have in place in regards to the Accenture report you mentioned and the growth of ecommerce in the coming years.

We also don't have any updates to provide about the social sharing feature's 2.5% discounted fee. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 28 of 50
latest reply

tyler@ebay  just some additional information on the Repeat Buyer tags issue

It looks like there is a discrepancy between what is counted in different places.

That example I gave in the other thread that showed 2 in the Buyer Insights but 0 everywhere else - they had 2 instances where a buyer made a purchase and almost immediately canceled, then reordered.

It looks to me like eBay removes the canceled order and does not use that for the Repeat Buyer tag on the order page or the Sales By Category charts or CSV, but it *is* counting them as repeat buyers for the Buyer Insights.

-----

buyerinsights1.png

buyerinsights2.png

2022-01-05_14-12-48.jpg

Message 29 of 50
latest reply

There is no way to get real sales numbers since your reports mix in stuff that isn't relevant.  I don't understand why our sales totals include sales tax since that money is irrelevant to sellers. 

The spreadsheets that come from MP are a jumbled mess compared to how Paypal did it.  It takes a lot more work to figure out actual sales numbers since we get a lot of random data sources in the report that could be tied to multiple different things.

Message 30 of 50
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: