cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, January 26 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: Community Chat, January 26 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

It's a help box on the right side of the page with the scroll bar. It has a blue ? and says HELP in blue.

Click the payments tab in seller hub and look to the right side of the page.

Message 16 of 68
latest reply

I just tried this: https://www.ebay.com/help/home

and typed in "payments" and nothing happened other than a bunch of pre programmed Bot answers.  Can you please help?

Message 17 of 68
latest reply

you need to be very careful here.  Your info has to match up.  The name on your Ebay account must perfectly match your bank account.  As does your address.  If you have a Business name on your account, then you need to have your checking account as a business account.  

if you have your name or a name on your Ebay account, then you will need to have a personal checking account.

You are likely aware of most or all of this.  But you also need your SSN, EIN or TIN that you put on the account to match up to the name on the account.  So if you have your name on the Ebay account and want to attach the TIN of your LLC, it is highly likely you will have an issue unless your LLC is named the same

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 18 of 68
latest reply

I have been an eBay user for 13 years now and have been looking forward to making a big purchase on the website and maximize my savings and cash back on it to that end which is made possible through the eBay bucks program. However since the start of the new year I have not received any eBay bucks promotions. Has that program been canceled or is there like a specific time when they are sent out to users?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 19 of 68
latest reply

I posted a couple weeks ago about the Transaction Report downloaded from the Payments tab being a problem because there's no variations column, so reconciling the report takes ages.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-January-5-1-00-pm-PT-Genera... 

I'm back with another complaint about the same report.

When a buyer purchases 3 different items in a single order- then returns 1 of those items- the report makes things confusing.

On the order you'll see 4 line items- a main line item then 3 below, 1 for each product. The "item title" column will show the listing titles like- ITEM A, ITEM B, ITEM C.

On the return you'll see 3 line items if it was subjected to a payment hold- 2 line items with the column "type" hold and 1 line item with the column "type" refund.

The 1 line item with the "type" refund shows the correct item title in the item title field- ITEM C

The 2 line items with the "type" hold make things confusing. Instead of showing ITEM C it will show ITEM A +2

It makes reconciling the report much more work than it needs to be.

-----

Message 20 of 68
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
Can we get an ETA for the stores About page feature, which will make it easy for buyers to sign up for our Store Newsletters? This was promised in 2021, and we are now almost through January of 2022, with no word on this. 

Hello @my-cottage-books-and-antiques I wish I had an update for you, but unfortunately no update at this time. Fingers crossed we hear something soon! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 21 of 68
latest reply

The betting pool is saying Feb or March for the Spring Seller Update. Can you tell us when it will be?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - even if I knew the date of an upcoming Seller Update I definitely wouldn't be able to confirm or give you specifics (or even generalities). Sorry!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 68
latest reply

And, speaking of video, I have the feature, and uploaded a video to a listing last Friday night. The Video is still "under review". I know ebay says "up to 48 hours" and in some busy periods, up to 7 days, but......how busy can they be? It's a less than 30 second video. Basically one image and some narration. Really, just a test...but I sure didn't expect to still be waiting on this. If ebay doesn't speed up the process, it's hard to imagine people using this for  auctions (and many auction are for items that could definitely benefit from video....) If ebay has run into a problem with the video review process, how about a little transparency and just tell us?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I haven't heard of any issues with the video review process. I'll share this input and let you know as I hear back. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 23 of 68
latest reply

@michigan_tactical wrote:

I cannot find this within CS portal I am looking again now and have tried can you pl;z provide details as to where this is?

@michigan_tactical It's on your payments page specifically. 

jasmenebay_0-1643231989649.png

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 24 of 68
latest reply

@michigan_tactical wrote:

I just tried this: https://www.ebay.com/help/home

and typed in "payments" and nothing happened other than a bunch of pre programmed Bot answers.  Can you please help?

For payments it's better to go through the payments page than through the help portal. Go to this page-

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin

On the right side where the scroll bar is you'll see a little phone icon. As long as it's blue that means you can request a call back from Payments CS.

Message 25 of 68
latest reply

tyler@ebay  over on the eBay for Business Facebook page I noticed they recently posted something recruiting volunteers for the community mentor program.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mentor-Program/Community-Mentor-Program/td-p/31654137

A couple observations:

Several people commented on that post referencing how many previously active contributors here in the community have been banned or run off over the years.  Is it maybe time to re-visit this old suggestion?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-November-25-1-00-pm-PT-Gene... 

Apparently, there are many long-time, and still active sellers that for whatever reason have been permanently banned from the eBay community boards.

Many of these bans may have been justified, but it seems wrong (and unethical) for eBay to permanently ban sellers from their community platform while still allowing them to sell (and pay eBay fees) on the marketplace.

With new senior company and community leadership perhaps eBay can revisit this process on the go-forward, and a means to 'appeal' or re-request access to those that have been banned long ago, but still sell on eBay.

Hopefully all would agree that these seller-customers should be permitted to browse the community board in ‘read-only’ mode (without a work-around like having to sign-out or using an incognito browser session).

If nothing else, every eBay seller should be allowed to ‘read’ the critical announcement boards (even if the user is otherwise banned), if eBay still allows them to sell (or buy) on the site.

Also, I noticed a question on that eBay for Business post asking about phone support for anchor stores - which reminded me that there was never any real resolution to the question about the fate of the Concierge support program.

Any other updates about Concierge since this weekly chat back in June 2021?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-June-9-1-00-pm-PT-General-T...

-----

Edit: A reply to your questions can be found here

Message 26 of 68
latest reply

This has been true for many, many people, but it depends on your bank to an extent - mine do not match and I had no issues at all. I honestly expected issues, but it went through on the first try no problem.

Message 27 of 68
latest reply

I need to add a music video to a listing for a music box already up.

I cannot find ANY information or ANY links to instructions on how to post a video anywhere on Ebay, other than old threads recommending Utube which I would rather not do. 

Why is there no information after an announcement was evidently made several months ago.

Now I have a bid on the listing and I dont even know if I will be able to add it.

Somewhere someone said only on the mobile app - but I find 0 information or links there and in fact

very little access to community or help on the app.

As a Top Rated Seller on Ebay for over 23 yrs am exceedingly frustrated. 

Information for sellers needs to be easy to find, presented written in a clear bulleted step format 

that is instructional - even the seller listing video omits key aspects of actually creating a listing properly with necessary details from start to shipping.  

Please update us ASAP if this is possible as its embarrassing not to be able to accomodate a potential bidder when it is essential to be able to verify the functionality of a musical instrument or music box

Thank you very much - Etrusca

-----

Message 28 of 68
latest reply

I heard from a seller that was banned from the Community discussion boards that even while logged out they could not access the boards to read- meaning they didn't even have access to eBay Announcements.

Is there something I can suggest to them- or is there a way for you to allow all banned members read-only access so they don't miss out on important eBay Announcements?

-----

Edit: A reply to your message can be found here

Message 29 of 68
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

tyler@ebay  - there is a very concerning post about a serial pre-sale violator here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/ebay-Preorders-Never-Fulfuilled-amp-No-Refund/td-p/32649715

The seller has been reported repeatedly but has still been allowed to continuing violating the presale policy, with many current listings showing pre-sales as far out as April.

the buyer on that thread @ragnbull has been unable to get any assistance from the regular support channels in getting their money back because it is after the MBG timeline.  However, as you know, community staff have previously confirmed support *can* still assist in these situations, even after that deadline. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-Promoted-Funkoween-Presale-Violations/m-p/32013380/highli...

Since regular support has failed to both assist the buyer and take appropriate action against the violating listings, what is the best course of action for this buyer to get assistance?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @valueaddedresource based on the time frame it may be way to old to do anything. It would be best for the member to reach out to eBay for Business so they can take a deeper dive. 

As far as the seller goes, I'm not sure how they are getting their post through so I'll get them in the right hands for review. My assumption on why nothings been done yet is that buyers are not opening the cases so our system isn't catching it. I'll get them looked into for sure! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 30 of 68
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: