cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 9 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Re: Community Chat, June 9 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I've brought this up before. We know ebay has been working on making changes to store designs , adding video capabilities, and so forth. Any timeline for when these changes will go live? I'm hoping before we are in Q4?

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques - We aren't able to release any information on stores before it's announced by the product team, but keep an eye out on the Announcements Board.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 76 of 81
latest reply

@glasser wrote:

At this link https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822#section2

The total amount of the sale includes the item price, any handling charges, the shipping service the buyer selects, sales tax, and any other applicable fees. If you offer 1-day or international shipping as well as a cheaper or free option (like domestic shipping), the total amount of the sale is calculated based on the cheapest domestic option you offer. If you only offer 1-day or international shipping but no cheaper option like domestic shipping, the total amount of the sale is calculated based on the service the buyer chooses.

At this link: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364&st=12&pos=1&query=Selli...

is says

This fee is calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the sale. The total amount of the sale includes the item price, and any shipping and handling charges. Sales tax isn't included in the calculation.

I understand that one is probably for people not yet on MP but when you search final value fees in help how would you know that???

Kinda confusing. Agree?

@glasser I'm a little confused. The top of the fees page for non-payments sellers (here) lets them know if they have their payments managed by eBay they need to review the 'Selling fees for managed payments sellers' and gives them a link to that page. If you have suggestion on how this could be made clearer, I'm happy to pass this along. Just start a thread and @mentionme and we can discuss this further. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 77 of 81
latest reply

@papermoney1948 wrote:

I have done that and they are less useful than roadkill as everything is from the US perspective and Canada does not seem to fit in at all.

@papermoney1948 - I did provide the US site link, but if you need help with accounts registered on the CA site you can contact that customer service team here as well.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 78 of 81
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

brittanie@ebay wrote:

@papermoney1948 wrote:

Why do I get constant HTML error and then post flooding?

@papermoney1948 - I'm sorry to hear you've been running into that. Khoros has identified this is a bug on their side and a fix is going to be implemented. We don't have a specific date for when the fix is going to roll out because it depends on some internal things for Khoros, but it is coming.

FYI, we still can't cut and paste from Ebay policy pages.  We haven't been able to do that for oh, getting closer and closer to a year, maybe even longer.

@mam98031 We're aware and as mentioned we're working to get the fix rolled out. We've been just as frustrated by the slow progress on this, but are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 79 of 81
latest reply

@kosmetik.karnival - I absolutely understand wanting to be part of the Concierge program. 

I am sorry to hear you were treated rudely, that's definitely not what we want. 

When we created the program, we focused on including some of our top sellers and buyers, but have limited the population as we test several things. We look at many factors to determine what members to include in our pilot program. Unfortunately, I am not able to provide exact details on what would make a seller eligible for Concierge.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 80 of 81
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

brittanie@ebay wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

brian@ebay 

You answered my question last week about the Funko Pop Funkoween presale event in part by saying “We have realized some of the items being featured were against our policy and ended the event.”

It appears that eBay removed the banner ad on the main category page and killed the direct link to the event page, but has not ended many of the listings involved which are in violation of eBay Presale Policies and possibly FTC 30 Day Mailing Rules.

So eBay may have “ended the event” but did not address the real problem.

Just do a search for Funkoween - some are from previous years and the seller has them in hand and ready to ship, but many are still preorders from this year that are the same listings that were in the original event.

For example, these are two sold listings from the same seller both clearly in violation of eBay’s presale policies, sold a week after eBay was made aware of this issue.

sold6-7.jpg

sold6-7-2.jpg

What is eBay going to do if these buyers don’t get their items? Are they just going to be out hundreds of dollars because they won’t be covered by the MBG and may not be covered by PayPal/CC protections so far after purchase either?

@valueaddedresource Thanks for the follow up. This is something we escalated when we you first reported this and it got some good tracking with that team. If you're still seeing items that violate eBay policy, please use the 'Report item link' on the page to get it reviewed. The appropriate action will be taken from those reports. 

Thank you brittanie@ebay  - however, it is not an acceptable answer that unpaid users should have to do eBay's job here.  That team can easily find the listings through a search.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=funkoween&_sacat=0&LH_Tit...

They can also easily determine if the listings meet the following criteria under eBay's Presale Policies

Presale listings must guarantee that the item will be shipped within 30 days of purchase

The date the item will be available to ship must be clearly stated in the listing

Listings must clearly indicate in the title and description that the item is being offered for presale

There is absolutely zero excuse for eBay shirking responsibility for this issue.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

@valueaddedresource - I did hear back from that team and they said:

"We will continue to double down our efforts to regulate the presales of items within this category that fall outside of our current presale guidelines. This process will take some time to complete, so we appreciate the community’s effort to support us by reporting and flagging any items outside of presale windows."

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 81 of 81
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: