cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, August 25 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Community Chat, August 25 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Every week, I have trouble finding this discussion.

OI keep getting sent to the archive, which only shows previous chats. 

What's the secret to finding the current discussion on time?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

Message 2 of 62
latest reply

I was going to make a call to managed payments to clear up any issues with how chargebacks are dealt with on here. We have been seeing a lot of posts on here and some from the people selling authenticated watches etc where they have posted they are having issues when a customer starts a chargeback. I have been posting that MP should be dealing with these chargebacks as well as PP did when this was your processor. Many have noted that the chargeback rebuttal system is different than PP and not as robust in the event of a fraudulent transaction. I know you may not be able to be very specific here but it has been a concern and since the Pandemic started chargedbacks by sheer number of contactless sales have increased 10 fold per my research on the subject.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 3 of 62
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Hey @vrykalak if you go here, it will always be at the top of the page. You may have to refresh it a few times right at 1:00 PM PT, but it will always be at the top! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 4 of 62
latest reply

Yesterday I had a buyer try to pay for 22 items, but somehow only 11 of them got paid. I sent an invoice with $0 shipping for the rest, and he was able to pay for them today. Just wondering if this is a known issue?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 5 of 62
latest reply

I don't remember where I read it- but I saw someone say that Business Policies are going away. Is this true??

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

Message 6 of 62
latest reply

welcome to all them eBay employees that do this, including them behind the open folks posting.

Never easy to interact with us users....

Thanks again for you doing this.

Message 7 of 62
latest reply

Nope. That page is stuck IN  the August 18th discussion...at least when I go there.

....not even at the archive, but inside the previous week's discussion.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 8 of 62
latest reply

Were you able to get an update on this eBay stores question- was this an intentional change or an oversight- and will the feature be restored?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sponsored-Listings-within-Stores/m-p/32176015#M1815418

Edit: a reply to your question can be found here

Message 9 of 62
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

I was going to make a call to managed payments to clear up any issues with how chargebacks are dealt with on here. We have been seeing a lot of posts on here and some from the people selling authenticated watches etc where they have posted they are having issues when a customer starts a chargeback. I have been posting that MP should be dealing with these chargebacks as well as PP did when this was your processor. Many have noted that the chargeback rebuttal system is different than PP and not as robust in the event of a fraudulent transaction. I know you may not be able to be very specific here but it has been a concern and since the Pandemic started chargedbacks by sheer number of contactless sales have increased 10 fold per my research on the subject.

Hi @vintagecraze50 - you're right that I don't have a lot of detail to provide when it comes to payments-specific questions. 

I'm happy to see what I can dig into, or at least get your feedback to them as a team. Is there a specific question you have about payment disputes (I'm not supposed to call them 'chargebacks' anymore, 🙃)? If this is more a feedback of "we're seeing reports of more" I can get that in too. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 62
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I don't remember where I read it- but I saw someone say that Business Policies are going away. Is this true??

@coffeebean832 Hi there! I have not heard any rumors of this happening, but if we make any of those types of changes you can always see them here too! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 11 of 62
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

CS reps can not say much about MP on these chats...

And I do agree the whole mess of charge backs need to be addressed by MP.

Simple solution would be a ship to address that is verified by the CC to stop the blatant fraud that is going on.

Message 12 of 62
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

Yesterday I had a buyer try to pay for 22 items, but somehow only 11 of them got paid. I sent an invoice with $0 shipping for the rest, and he was able to pay for them today. Just wondering if this is a known issue?

Hi @carlqsportscards! I'm not seeing any sitewide issues having been flagged and I'm glad your invoice ended up doing the trick. The buyer could try contacting CS to see if they can determine some type of checkout error if the two of you would like to pursue this further though. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 13 of 62
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Use the navigation menu at the top of the page.

chat.png

Message 14 of 62
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Nope. That page is stuck IN  the August 18th discussion...at least when I go there.

....not even at the archive, but inside the previous week's discussion.

Try this link instead, let me know how that works @vrykalak, you may also need to clear your cache and cookies. 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 15 of 62
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: